It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars and Coffee - Knoxville, TN 2023

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I went to Harper's Cars and Coffee last weekend. Harper's Cars and Coffe is one of the largest C&C events in the southeastern US with over 1,000 incredible cars showing up. Most of the shows I go to are classics, but this C&C had something for everyone, classics, lowriders, supercars, 4x4s. . . it was a very good show. It's pretty wild that this many people meet up for a show that only lasts from 8am - 11am, still, worth attending and looking at some dream cars.

It's pretty cool to think that most of these cars are someone's dream car and the owner's have been able to reach their dream of owning one.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInvisibleRedneck

This is my dream car. 1965 Backdraft Racing Cobra RT4B. Can you imagine a 427 making over 500HP in a car that only weighs about 2500 lbs ? Clear the roads...we takin' a test drive.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My daughter and son in law go a few of them here. My daughters car is an Alpha Romeo something something and a good friend of theirs shows up in his Lambo, not sure what model.

My ultimate car would maybe be another 72 Camaro, tricked out with the latest stuff like power steering and brakes, lol... and a few more upgrades or a Countach.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Hi david, it's a coincidence. . . my brother has a new (about 9months old) Shelby Cobra 427 MKIII Street Version (Superformance.)

If you look at the video picture in my OP, the cobra between the ferrari and the lamborghini is his. The Porsche in the top right is his wife's.

His Cobra is pretty awesome and that 8-stack 427 screams. I would be scared to drive it without some serious training. . . at least not on a track.

That one you posted looks better than his though, imo.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buckstopper

I think i only saw 1 alfa there. Pretty cool cars.

a '72 Camaro would be nice! I'm more of a mid-late 60's camaro guy, but those early 70's models are sweet. I guess it all depends on how you build them.

I'm not sure what my dream car is. There are about 3-4 cars I'd love to have in my garage. I'd take a '51 Mercury, a '73 AMX Javelin, a high performance track car like a Lamborghini Huracan, and a '49 Chevy 3100. . . I thought of at least 10 more cars I dream of having while typing that, haha.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My buddy two doors down in the 60s and 70s used to build a lot of motors. He got ahold of a Shelby 427 and dropped it into his 1970 Mustang Mach 1. It was a beautiful car, and pretty damn fast. He let the car go later, but I wanted it. He thought the engine might have been stolen.

And here is one I gave to my ex wife, and I should have kept. Its a 1971 Chevelle, with a black 72 grill, and a chromabase paint job, racing wheels, New Canadian crate engine (350), rebuilt suspension. glass packs...

edit on 1-11-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thanks for posting.
I think I want the red Lotus

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I think i only saw 1 alfa there. Pretty cool cars.

a '72 Camaro would be nice! I'm more of a mid-late 60's camaro guy, but those early 70's models are sweet. I guess it all depends on how you build them.

I'm not sure what my dream car is. There are about 3-4 cars I'd love to have in my garage. I'd take a '51 Mercury, a '73 AMX Javelin, a high performance track car like a Lamborghini Huracan, and a '49 Chevy 3100. . . I thought of at least 10 more cars I dream of having while typing that, haha.

Of course. I like the early 70 camaro because of the radial body curves and round tail lights. I have a dozen dream cars as well lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

There were a bunch of cool cars there, for sure. Something about that little Lotus stood out. I always liked that model, even better than the new Evora. I'd love to have about a '91 Lotus Esprit V8. . . I think that's was one of their last years, but it's probably my favorite Lotus.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

427s put out crazy power. I'd love to see one in a Mustand like that.

Love those Chevelles too. Kinda like the camaro for me, as far as models I prefer. . . a '67ish Chevelle is another dream car. I'd be broke in a month buying cars if I ever hit the lottery, 😂

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

My buddy (ex roomate) married a girl that had a 66 or 67 Malibu. He really liked the car. Perhaps more than the woman. They moved up to the east of me in Angels Camp (Frog Jump town). One night he parked on a hill and forgot to put on his E brake. It got away, went down the hill, and crashed into someone's bedroom.

Around the same time, my other roommate had a GTX with a 440 6 pack, and a 65 GTO. He lent the GTO to another friend of ours. The dude blew up the engine racing. As for the GTX, I loved that car. It was mint condition, fresh hot 440, 4 on the floor. That thing could really get it on. It actually saved our lives one time in a massive fight and riot. Police got everybody else. I liked that car more than a Charger. Have a great day!

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'd be sick of I wrecked a classic that way, 😂. I did, kind of. I parked my '93 f150 on the part of my driveway that's a hill. I walked in the house and a couple seconds later I heard a crash. It rolled down the hill and hit my '03 BMW 5 series. Thankfully it didn't do much damage to the truck and just a little to the BMW.

I have a video of a black GTX somewhere on my youtube channel. I go to a lot of care shows and rarely see a nice GTX. I'd say they're value is going up a lot. That's another car I'd love to have. . .

I'm still hung up on the AMX Javelin my dad had when I was a kid. That thing was mean! Something happened to it and my dad parked it on our dirt floor basement garage. He didn't want to mess with it, because he'd seen snakes in that old basement several times. So he sold it for like $500 (1986). I'll never forget the buyer showing up, looking at it for 5 minutes, crawling underneath it and doing something, then firing it up and driving it out 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Every since then, my dad always fixed any problems our cars have. 😂

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join