It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCD alternative treatments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi all.

I feel bad posting about myself when there's so much bloodshed going on in the world, ugh, but I have to try to get some treatment.
I'm wondering about if anyone had any success with alternative treatments?

I don't want to take traditional meds, though they may work, I'm just very skeptical of big pharma and all it's tentacles.
I'm taking NAC as I read online that it may help with OCD.

I'm reading about Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation , has anyone tried this?
I would do anything to get rid of this nightmare in my head.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Hi my ex used to iron my underpants and blue jeans. Everything had to be spotless! She bought a moon light for mood light therapy and she is 10000% better!

I know how hard it is! I saw her suffer!

I hope you find something that really helps you!
edit on 17-10-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I've heard good things about Milk Thistle, from a friend who has some OCD tendencies.

www.verywellmind.com...

as always do your own research and talk with your doctor

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Hi all.

I feel bad posting about myself when there's so much bloodshed going on in the world, ugh, but I have to try to get some treatment.

I don't want to take traditional meds, though they may work, I'm just very skeptical of big pharma and all it's tentacles.

I'm reading about Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation , has anyone tried this?
Thanks

I hate big Pharma and actually worked for one but… if you really need help..

Are you overweight at all?
If so try Ozempic (or similar)
One of the weird but very good side effects for a lot of people is complete removal of OCD tendencies. (One of which may be overeating). We are talking people quitting smoking, drugs, and a whole bunch of other addictions and OCD tendencies..some of those “addictions” may be something else…

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

Hi my ex used to iron my underpants and blue jeans. Everything had to be spotless! She bought a mold light for moon light therapy and she is 10000% better!

I know how hard it is! I saw her suffer!

I hope you find something that really helps you!
Thanks. A moon light? I looked on Amazon, but don't see anything that could be it.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The nutritional supplement Litium Orotate works like a miracle for some people. Lithium is a naturally occurring trace element. Supplemental lithium orotate is not the same as the much higher-dose lithium used to treat depression, particularly bipolar disorder with suicidal thinking.

You can buy it at supplement stores. It's very inexpensive.

Psychiatrist uses lithium orotate to treat OCD, ADHD, and anxiety

KAL is probably the most popular brand. They've been around since the 30s, and have many good reviews. The supplement manufacturers typically describe it as "brain and nervous system support" or a "mood stabilizer".

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: ancientlight
Hi all.

Thanks

I hate big Pharma and actually worked for one but… if you really need help..

Are you overweight at all?
If so try Ozempic (or similar)
One of the weird but very good side effects for a lot of people is complete removal of OCD tendencies. (One of which may be overeating). We are talking people quitting smoking, drugs, and a whole bunch of other addictions and OCD tendencies..some of those “addictions” may be something else…
Thanks. I would try it but worry about side effects, that's a bit too severe IMO.
I should meditate more actually. I tried that a while , and it helped with depression etc, and then I stopped.

I will meditate first thing tomorrow morning

For anyone that suffers as well : look up The Honest Guys on youtube. Their channel is the best IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I spelled everything wrong! Fixed! Here this is what she bought but just one not 12! $99.00 for one on eBay
www.newyorkbarstore.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The nutritional supplement Litium Orotate works like a miracle for some people. Lithium is a naturally occurring trace element. Supplemental lithium orotate is not the same as the much higher-dose lithium used to treat depression, particularly bipolar disorder with suicidal thinking.

You can buy it at supplement stores. It's very inexpensive.

Psychiatrist uses lithium orotate to treat OCD, ADHD, and anxiety

KAL is probably the most popular brand. They've been around since the 30s, and have many good reviews. The supplement manufacturers typically describe it as "brain and nervous system support" or a "mood stabilizer".

Thanks, I will give that a try

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I´m a nurse so i have met several ppl wit OCD. The first thing is to learn to get away of OCD thinking. Usually the reason is something else or a trauma. One of my patient had an issue of bacteria and she started to clean right after anyone entered her room. She had no medicines to calm her OCD and little by little she learned to trust nurses ( same nurses who she got to familiar with) and the OCD went away, now her OCD is very mild, still she needs a paper under her feet when she is not wearing socks. We have talked many things of her life ( she used to live in siberia in USSR before moving to this country) her mother was a doctor and she saw all kind of bacteria infections in her life and it made her very cautious about hygiene and a bit too much. Now she is not erratic and she pretty much trust every nurse new or old visiting her. She has realized this country is clean and ppl do care about her well being.
Therapy is one approach, medicines do not work before the reason why so obsessed is found out.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, I have OCD and umbrella autistic traits. I struggle with interpersonal communication, particularly when the people around me are obsessed with football. There is no inroad or headway.
I am motivated by politics, history, religion and philosophy. That does not mean I am a master of any of those topics. Far from it. But they are subjects that interest me and as far as I am concerned, dictate the reasoning behind me co-workers fascination with football.
But they can't see it.

Quick joke.... You mentioned having OCD....Well if you really had it, you'd call it CDO. After all, the letters need to be in the right order

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Here you go. They work great, but FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!! I used it for half an hour the first time and really paid the price!

[www.mayoclinic.org...]

The first light therapy box I bought was well over $100.00 and HUGE. I replaced it from one on Amazon the=at was much smaller (8"x19") and it has worked every bit as good as the bigger one for several years now.

They start at $16.99.

[www.amazon.com...]
edit on 200000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I've actually done this for chronic back pain and my pain is gone (coincidence maybe?)

The Energy Enhancement System
Seems to work on a broad range of conditions and improve overall health and well-being.
There are centers across the globe - maybe there is one near you.
The testimonials are compelling, even life coach/success guru Tony Robbins discovered it by chance and now he's all-in on the benefits.

Good luck with your search

edit on 10 17 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Maybe this is out there, have you ever done a parasite cleanse?
A heavy metal detox?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I take NAC every evening and have noticed no change in my OCD. I have had OCD all my life, and I know no other way. I learned long ago to organize everything so it is quickly found. I also found I have the worrier genes full blast, but if you control what you can to lower risk, it is not a problem. The OCD helps me control the stress of daily life, I control the environment I live in. Most people in the worrier genetics category work where they can control their environment, think about an accountant, or a business owner who can control his workers or at least the bosses that control the workers. I have been a boss or business owner most of my working career.

Taurine or NAC seem to have little effect on my OCD. organizing my life makes things easy so the ocd works hand in hand with who I am. It is not so bad having OCD, you just have to learn how to focus it on things and make sure to learn to focus on things that need to be done, not things that do not matter.

NAC and taurine can help to manage stress but that is different than being obsessive and compulsive. Hemp canibinoids seem to lessen the OCD, or at least they seem to take away your ability to see you are doing it. Regular Pot actually makes me get carried away with the OCD and I get nothing accomplished. I just go in circles when High but don't seem to care I am doing that.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I've actually done this for chronic back pain and my pain is gone (coincidence maybe?)

The Energy Enhancement System
Seems to work on a broad range of conditions and improve overall health and well-being.
There are centers across the globe - maybe there is one near you.
The testimonials are compelling, even life coach/success guru Tony Robbins discovered it by chance and now he's all-in on the benefits.

Good luck with your search

I have heard amazing things about the EES. Have you seen the YouTube video that is described as a scaled-down version of the full-room system? The video info says that although it does not have the same effect as the full ESS, "don't underestimate it." I'm going to start playing it at night.

EES-type video
edit on 17-10-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yes, I play this one on my TV when I'm relaxing - it's a full 11hrs long with a 528hz soundtrack - supposedly a healing frequency.

Seems "out there" at first, but I'm starting to believe it's the closest thig to "Med Bed" technology available to the public.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wow, I did a q2 foot spa. You would not believe what came out of my feet. I watched in disgust with a flashlight small worms and parasites coming out of my feet.

The person recommended a special silver water made in Washington State by a few American Indians.

I felt amazing after all this! Thank you for bringing it up!

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have autism and used to have OCD worse when I was younger. For example I used to clean a lot more than I do now.There are new supplements called psychobiotics that sound very promising. It's prebiotic bacteria that influence your mental health. One strain promotes dopamine and serotonin production in your gut, where 95% get made. Another increased GABA levels. They are not drugs, they are live bacteria. They might even help with withdrawals. I just found out about them a few weeks ago, so I haven't ordered any yet.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also, as mentioned, cognitive behavioral therapy seems to help some lessen their OCD habits. Just talking about it and putting names to habits and patterns helped me. It took me decades to understand and describe what I have going on mentally. So keep researching and trying new things, don't give up, it can get better.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Maybe this is out there, have you ever done a parasite cleanse?
A heavy metal detox?

No, it does sound a bit out there . I've had OCD on/off since I was about 15 (now 51). I don't think it's caused by parasites

top topics

<<   2 >>

join