It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance video in NY captures fatal stabbing of Ryan Carson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Police may be getting one step closer to figuring out who killed 32-year-old Ryan Carson. They now have a better idea of what happened in the moments leading up to this fatal stabbing.

In surveillance video, Carson and his girlfriend are seen sitting on a bench at a bus stop on Malcolm X Boulevard around 4 a.m. Monday in Bedford-Stuyvesant. Police said a male wearing a Champion brand hoodie walks past the couple. There is no interaction between them.

Moments later, the couple starts walking, and investigators say ............

Another hideous crime committed for apparently no reason and in front of this person's girlfriend who saw her boyfriend being stabbed to death and couldn't do much herself. Very lucky she is alive and well because she could have been stabbed to death just like her boyfriend. How traumatic this must have been for her and I don't really want to think what the parents of the victim are going through.

This cold blooded murder has been captured on surveillance video and I wonder what the lawyers will do when trying to defend this person in court. What will be ttheirdefense strategy?

What do you think the punishment should be? Still I don't know the motives but it looks like someone was murdered for no apparent reason, not that a reason will validate this killing or legitimise it.

20 years in jail
30 years in jail
40 years in jail
Life imprisonment without parole.
The death penalty doesn't exist in New York.

I am sure that if the same crime had been committed in Texas or Florida then the death penalty would have been a likely scenario.

edit on 5-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 5 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trimmed huge quote

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

That’s gotta be life in jail. The assailant demonstrated the absolute worst behavior in a society. Probably need to lock of the failure parents also for allowing their son to be so violent and think it is OK even in the slightest

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy

That’s gotta be life in jail. The assailant demonstrated the absolute worst behavior in a society. Probably need to lock of the failure parents also for allowing their son to be so violent and think it is OK even in the slightest

Made a good point about the parents and the failure in the binging up of this person. It's a really good topic of discussion.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This could be a part of parents bringing them up. Example:- When I was a teenager I rode a motorcycle and virtually every time I left the house my mother would say "have you got clean underpants on"? Why? "in case you have an accident and they take you to hospital". That was my parents thinking.

Now certain people, like in the UK they are nearly always Immigrants, and their mothers thinking of where they come from say to their children as they leave the house "have you got your knife on you". Why. "In case you're attacked". With these people it's normal to be armed, ok in their original country but in a "civilised" it should be a no no.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
This could be a part of parents bringing them up. Example:- When I was a teenager I rode a motorcycle and virtually every time I left the house my mother would say "have you got clean underpants on"? Why? "in case you have an accident and they take you to hospital". That was my parents thinking.

Now certain people, like in the UK they are nearly always Immigrants, and their mothers thinking of where they come from say to their children as they leave the house "have you got your knife on you". Why. "In case you're attacked". With these people it's normal to be armed, ok in their original country but in a "civilised" it should be a no no.

What kind of punishment you think he should receive?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

What do you think the punishment should be?

in a New York Justice System? I'd say released with no bail, suspended sentence, and an apology for arresting him.

what do I win?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The punishment should be the heaviest possible, firstly as a deterrent but mainly taking out of society so he can't repeat the crime. Soft sentencing only gives them the impression that's it's ok to do these things. Please read about Sweden, what's happening there. Let "jungle" law/people into your country and they turn your country into a jungle.

I have a half Jamaican niece and I talk to her Jamaican relatives that live in London. Now in London the Jamaican community was well integrated into the community (yes, there was some bad apples but mostly good people) then along comes masses of African immigrants and with them comes a very massive uptick in crime, especially knife crime. The Jamaican community are up in arms about this because THEY are being lumped into this serious trend.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
And the white liberal regressive lot still won't get it…

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Did you see the article, I think it's dailymail. His friends said that Ryan wouldn't want his murderer to go to jail and would rather feel sorry for the murderer and want him to get help.

Lmao these people think the world is a fairy tale.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What do you think the punishment should be?

in a New York Justice System? I'd say released with no bail, suspended sentence, and an apology for arresting him.

what do I win?

I'd say this is the most accurate answer thus far. This would also come along with groups protesting the killer's arrest as racist ( led by other white liberals.)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Suspect Arrested

It was just announced that a suspect was arrested. It would be interesting to see what happens to him, but the press hardly ever follows up on these stories.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What do you think the punishment should be? Still I don't know the motives but it looks like someone was murdered for no apparent reason, not that a reason will validate this killing or legitimise it.

20 years in jail
30 years in jail
40 years in jail
Life imprisonment without parole.
The death penalty doesn't exist in New York.

I'm tired of paying to keep these yaks alive.

Declare him an Outlaw, brand him, and let nature take its course.

Oh - I also believe that Bounty's offered on Outlaws, just like in the old West, should be fully legal.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Put them in the block where homosexual murderers are housed.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: tanstaafl

Put them in the block where homosexual murderers are housed.

I'd much rather see them declared Outlows, the brand them, and see who gets to them first... hell, put it on pay per view.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

the suspect is Brian Dowling, an 18-year-old Brooklyn man who has been charged with murder and the criminal possession of a weapon.

It's terrible that everything seems to be politically affected. It's also terrible that crime and criminals are judged by who the victim is instead of what the actual crime is.

The crime is about the worst and the person committing it should be incarcerated for life. It literally could have been anyone of us, innocently walking down a public sidewalk minding our own business and attacked for no reason. This is also the reason why I'm glad that the recent story of the victim of a prankster that was recently shot (not fatally) by the pranked victim was scared out of his wits and given a not guilty verdict at his trial. You seriously never know when it's going from 'WTF' to 'RIP'.

Alan Colie acquitted of aggravated malicious wounding in shooting of Tanner Cook of 'Classified Goons' YouTube channel.

new topics

top topics

join