It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk offers to pay the legal fees of users who were cancelled by their employers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Elon Musk has once again stoked the fire of a simmering culture war on his social-media platform, X, after apparently offering to cover the legal fees of anyone fired in relation to content they post or like on the site.

In a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Musk said: "If you were unfairly treated by your employer due to posting or liking something on this platform, we will fund your legal bill. No limit. Please let us know."

The controversial X account "Libs of TikTok" replied to Musk's tweet by citing a Daily Wire article from January, which said Kara Lynne, a streamer, was fired from her job at a gaming company for reasons that included her following the account.

It caught the attention of Musk, who replied: "Kara, is that accurate?"

Lynne replied to Musk saying that the situation was more complicated than the headline suggested, but still confirmed it was correct.

That's another piece of great news from Elon Musk who is willing to offer financial assistance to cover the legal bills of those who have been unfairly dismissed by their employer and cancelled for expressing their opinions and for exercising their freedom of speech on his platform. Musk mentioned the apparent presence of the 'woke mind virus' ruining younger generations and of the cancel culture while committing to free speech on twitter.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Oh goodie something else for the goonie left left to cry about!
As if Brand weren't enough now we have to hear what a twat
Elon is for supporting free speech on a platform he owns.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Ahh the champion of free speech.....the dude that is going to put "X" behind a pay wall and also the dude that cancels anyone that speaks out against him...
And no he isn't going to just help people that have been canceled....he has an end game that will benefit him financially.
You're just not smart if you think otherwise.

edit on 24-9-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

Is he going to pay the legal costs for the UK Twitter employees that are going to an Industrial tribunal ?

Sacked Twitter UK staff claim unlawful treatment in ‘sham’ redundancy

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 24-9-2023 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think that's the dude you speak of.
I'll give credit for some things but free speech is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Saloon

Is Musk going to pay the legal costs for the employees that HE unfaily dismissed ?

Sacked Twitter UK staff claim unlawful treatment in ‘sham’ redundancy

www.theguardian.com...

Never one to miss a " photo opportunity " is Musk.

How do you know he unfairly dismissed those employees?

Just because the guardian says it doesn't mean they were dismissed unfairly.

I remember when a number of woke employees were fired for the heavy censoring of online material. He did well to show them the exit.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Twitter is much better than many other woke platforms where you can't say much. If you do then the arbiters of truth will suspend your account and you will be cancelled.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

But it's great Elon offers financial assistance to people who have been treated unfairly because of of what they choose to post or like on his platform. Can you name me another billionaire or anyone else who has done the same thing?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I suggest you take a look at UK Employment Law.

edit on 24-9-2023 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I suggest you take a look at UK Employment Law.

I am fine, thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Saying something is much different then actually doing something.

Azim Premji

Charles Francis Feeney

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

But it's great Elon offers financial assistance to people who have been treated unfairly because of of what they choose to post or like on his platform. Can you name me another billionaire or anyone else who has done the same thing?

Please enlighten us all how Musk has financially helped someone that has been canceled?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I can make a massive post of all the individuals that he has and or tried to cancel.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Please enlighten us all how Musk has financially helped someone that has been canceled?

Is that not what the thread is about? He literally just announced this, but you want proof immediately?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Talk is cheap and saying you're going to do something is weak. Ever even talking about it honestly is weak.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Talk is cheap and saying you're going to do something is weak. Ever even talking about it honestly is weak.

How would people know he was willing to do this unless he talked about being willing to do it first?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

He said he will.
I trust he's saying the truth. Do you doubt him?

My question stands and you haven't told me of anyone else who made the same promise or who helped others financially.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Did you like Twitter better when there were 80 FBI agents working there suppressing Americans first amendment ???

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Your talk is weak.
Elon Musk made the announcement and the thread was made about his promise.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Actions speak louder my friend.
Do you go out and advertise how much you donated each year?
No
That is extremely not cool to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join