It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 24th 2023 Thursday a day we will all remember

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Thanks a bunch for the deformed fish. Alaska, Canada, California, Oregon...even down Mexico way: we can't wait.

Thanks...😖

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's really not a big deal.

Like, really, it isnt. You could swim in that water, and some people have.

It's really shameful to see so many people who are utterly misinformed by their own Inability to not even research, but to just type something into Google, find a decent scientific source, and read.

Willful ignorance plagues this site more than tumblr.

www.sciencemediacentre.org...

Literally 450 times less than what some power plants in the UK release every single year.

Will you people at least TRY not to be subjective and not just respond to dog whistles?
edit on 22-8-2023 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2023 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Like I said, I have looked up the figure's for allowable limits immediately after I knew what kind of radiation it was. Spoiler, it was way above the allowable limits. Then month's later for some reason I looked them up again, and what da ya know? The numbers had changed and were now within allowable limits that remain to this day. So please don't tell me about your searches for present day result's because they are lie's. So swim, eat fish, do you bud. But don't tell the rest of us to follow your lead, beacuse you have been misinformed. Also don't tell me they wouldn't lie to us, because they would and they have. For countless major things in this world. All the truth is being scrubbed my friend, and if you don't think that is possible then you might be just as dangerous as they are. Willful masses bleeting out the same lie carries alot of weight in this world, and gee I wonder where I have seen that before?a reply to: Iconic

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnrkE
It doesn't need to be about the argument whether what number is safe, and without knowing what you're looking for, you are massively outside of your depths. Did you look at Grey's? Or sieverts? Or Rem? Or you aren't sure? Was it the same measurement before and after? Same unit or was it changed?

That's why it's more important to look at empirical evidence saying that it is 450 times less, amount wise, than what a single plant in the UK releases into RIVERS AND STREAMS to dilute instead of the PACIFIC OCEAN.

Seriously, change your drool cloth. You must have been one of those Bellends that reposted David avocado wolf posts on Facebook about how Fukushima was killing California.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I admit I'm quite ignorant concerning the chemistry of this operation, if any, but why can't they evaporate the water and collect the Tritium before it enters the sea?

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Dang! Does this mean that Godzilla will NOT be emerging from the sea in the very near future?a reply to: Iconic

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Fukushima has been leaking radiation into the ocean since the accident.

The ground water that flows underneath the plant eventually reaches the ocean which of course is nearby. That water is contaminated.

There is an 8 episode series on Netflix called "The Days" that tells the story of Fukushima. Pretty good.
edit on 22-8-2023 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
It doesn't need to be about the argument whether what number is safe, and without knowing what yk oou're looking for, you are massively outside of your depths. Did you look at Grey's? Or sieverts? Or Rem? Or you aren't sure? Was it the same measurement before and after? Same unit or was it changed?

That's why it's more important to look at empirical evidence saying that it is 450 times less, amount wise, than what a single plant in the UK releases into RIVERS AND STREAMS to dilute instead of the PACIFIC OCEAN.

Seriously, change your drool cloth. You must have been one of those Bellends that reposted David avocado wolf posts on Facebook about how Fukushima was killing California.
ok iconic. you are correct. i don't know any of those things. I didnt look them up at all at thee time. I didnt use every measurement available to me at all. I really don't know where I even got the confidence to actually post here. I am way out of my depth's. Please go swim in the Pacific now ok? Please im begging you to go swim in the Pacific, because I am way off and that will prove it to everyone that you were right and I was wrong. I promise I will never scare the normal people ever again, if you eat fish caught in the Pacific on a weekly basis and evey week swim too. ok? Pics or it didnt happen. Until then, kindly ignore anything I say im going to be drooling in my cloth and really don't wanna be put in my place like this ever again. Im so embarassed I was exposed as a fraud, I dont know if I will recover. Now...what will you have? The tuna or the salmon? I have to go pretend to read now. BTW Bellends? why don't you try not be such a .....bellend
edit on 22-8-2023 by AnrkE because: cuz i had to look up the word bellend

edit on 22-8-2023 by AnrkE because: spoiler alert its a word a douche would use

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Note to self: Buy 100 cans of tuna tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
I admit I'm quite ignorant concerning the chemistry of this operation, if any, but why can't they evaporate the water and collect the Tritium before it enters the sea?

Someone correct me if I am wrong about this, but I believe the tritium is chemically bonded to the oxygen in the water molecules, so it can't be distilled out of the water, IE some of the water is what you would call "heavy water".

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If I recall correctly it is cesium-137 that is the problem. It's been so long ago. I just refuse to go back in and start digging around again. It just ended up giving me panic attack and anxiety. I couldn't look away, when I finally could I couldn't go back. Ten years before that happened I was stuck inside medical books and it took me 2 years to beat hypochondria. Not a fun time. These are 2 things that affected me deeply, I don't want to tempt them again. Before some bellands chirps in, no I know they are seeming related but they are not, but then you would have to know about hypochondria to really understand that. Almost positive cesium-137. There was one other but I ca't hazard a guess, not even to say it was or was not tritium. So nerbot may have that down right and I'm no chemistry guy eaither. I learned what I had to at the time and then just pushed it out of my head as soon as I could. Some old physical books would give the truth about the safe levels before the accident. a reply to: openminded2011

edit on 22-8-2023 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yeah , I Remember That !

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: stelth2

You mean your cans of tuna might glow in the dark?
Why not , everything else is askew in a David Lynch way … but less entertaining

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: psychotrail

All spring and summer, Ive been saying to just about anyone that will listen, the wind in So. Ca. where I live isn't right. Its been coming in all swirling every afternoon for months. Its not a direct breeze like usual. So weird.

And then the tropical storm, then the earthquake on the same day.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I make glass beads and for years, I know how they roll around on a paperplate. Beads are rolling around on the paperplate differently. like start rolling in one direction and then switch oddly. Speed up, slow down, very weird. And then about a week ago I tossed a new paintbrush over on to a short wooden shelf, and it landed standing up on its bristles. Straight up, not leaning up against anything, not touching the wall, or anything else. I couldnt believe it! I just left it there, to see how long it would stay. I thought about it late yesterday evening, and ran to see if it was still standing. It was. After a 5.1 less than 20 miles from here, trembling dogs for 2 days due to aftershocks, but that damn paintbrush still standing tall. Woo.

edit on 8/22/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ever since the Fukushima melt down, I have refused to buy Alaskan king crab. And believe me I SEVERELY like that particular seafood.

I doubt I will ever taste it again, no matter what sort of "factoids" and statistics "experts" will churn about. Use you own noggin and figure things out for yourself. The world is so full of lies that pretty much prove that your life isn't worth a plug nickle to the people with their hands on the information spigot.

IMHO.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

All spring and summer, Ive been saying to just about anyone that will listen, the wind in So. Ca. where I live isn't right. Its been coming in all swirling every afternoon for months. Its not a direct breeze like usual. So weird.

And then the tropical storm, then the earthquake on the same day.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I make glass beads and for years, I know how they roll around on a paperplate. Beads are rolling around on the paperplate differently. like start rolling in one direction and then switch oddly. Speed up, slow down, very weird. And then about a week ago I tossed a new paintbrush over on to a short wooden shelf, and it landed standing up on its bristles. Straight up, not leaning up against anything, not touching the wall, or anything else. I couldnt believe it! I just left it there, to see how long it would stay. I thought about it late yesterday evening, and ran to see if it was still standing. It was. After a 5.1 less than 20 miles from here, trembling dogs for 2 days due to aftershocks, but that damn paintbrush still standing tall. Woo.

Pole shift

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

They've been releasing radioactive water since day one.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I keep telling people. I say 'pole shift' at least once a day now.

Are we cray-cray, my friend?

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

My son has a geiger counter. He bought it right after fukishiima.

He caught a bluefine tuna about a year after the meltdown. Nothing but background.

We continue to eat plenty of local pacific fish, including the migratory ones, and I still eat canned tuna. Im old anyway. And already have beat 2 different cancers. A different story, but I think they were COVID vax related.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

i wish this were true. there is plenty birds here one this planet and bugs. actually even bison we thought were extinct are still here. things are great and there is far too many bugs

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join