It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 School Districts Hide Kids Trans Identities From Parents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Long article but an important read. So are these schools protecting LGBTQ children from parents inflicting harm upon their own children, or are these schools going full tilt marxist in over taking parental rights from parents, that parents can't raise their own children as they deem correct? Be sure to check the school list to see if the school district you are in is included in the list.

1000 School Districts Hide Kids Trans Identities From Parents

More than 1,000 school districts across the United States have adopted policies that permit or advise personnel to withhold information from parents about their child's desire to identify as trans or nonbinary, according to the advocacy group Parents Defending Education.

At least 1,040 districts, representing 18,335 schools with more than 10.7 million students, have "Transgender/Gender Nonconforming Policies" that openly state district personnel can or should keep a student’s gender identity status hidden from parents, says the report.

In February, a study disclosed that at least 3 million K-12 public school students were enrolled in districts where they could alter their name and gender pronouns without parental consent. The report, released by the Defense of Freedom Institute for Policy Studies, was titled, “Pills and Pronouns: School Districts Require Parental Consent for Over-the-Counter Medicine But Not New Names and Pronouns.”

The new report released by Parents Defending Education earlier this month reveals that the number is at least thrice that number.

and from Alaska - the parents are completely cut out of the underage child's life decisions. This is ALASKA, which surprises me because Alaska is known to be much more conservative and family orientated.

In Alaska, the Anchorage School District’s policy titled “Working with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students and Employees” states that schools can conceal a student's confusion about their sexual identity from their parents, arguing that, for some students at the secondary education level, notifying the parents can present a risk to the student if their parents don’t support the transition (changing their name while at school, or secretly taking puberty blockers and opposite-sex hormones).

“Prior to notification of any parent or guardian regarding the transition process, school staff should work closely with the student to assess the degree to which, if any, the parent/guardian will be involved in the process, considering at all times the health, well-being, and safety of the transitioning student,” reads the policy.

Check the list for schools near you.
Report - List of School District Transgender Gender Nonconforming Student Policies CLICK HERE

Survey - Teachers at 1000 Districts Hide Kids Sexual Display From Parents

The expansion shows the growing reach of advocates for the transgender ideology. They claim that the government must treat each person’s self-described “gender” as more important than their male or female sex. As Breitbart News previously reported, a recent study strongly suggests that social contagion is a factor in teenagers and young adults identifying as transgender.

Several Republican states have taken action to prevent children from undergoing transgender-related medical interventions.

Republican lawmakers are also making moves to pass anti-grooming legislation.

Influential figures have reacted to anti-grooming legislation by having a collective meltdown. Celebrities, television shows, media outlets, and left-wing activists continue to hype transgenderism and guide children to doubt their biological sex; more young people are identifying as non-binary.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think that, in the absence of any evidence that the individual parents may harm the child, there is no excuse at all for this.

edit on 04pMon, 21 Aug 2023 12:25:04 -050020232023-08-21T12:25:04-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What they are doing is making a "law" for the exception rather than the rule.

Sure, some parents are bad.

But the vast majority are not.

So, these states are making determinations and taking away rights based on strawman or minority cases.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Even if evidence is present, those parents that would harm a child for something like this, have probably been doing ii for some time and for far less egregious things.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

I agree, but my point was that the school shouldn't generalise such a rule based on the actions of the deviant minority.
DBC said it better I guess.
edit on 46pMon, 21 Aug 2023 12:31:46 -050020232023-08-21T12:31:46-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I agree with the both of you

Just going on with a little more along the lines of those that are doing it for this were doing it before and will continue to after

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
40% of homeless youth are LGBT from unsupportive families.

If you knew outing a kid to their parents would result in rejection, abuse or neglect or in other words, disclosure would be putting a child in harm’s way would you still do it anyway?

How would you feel if you knew this was wrong and would be putting a child in danger but were forced by the state to still do it? If a child gets disowned or kicked out of the house because of your actions, is your conscience good with that?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

If a parent kicks a child out of their home, that is neglect and illegal. Kid is probably better off not being there anyways.

Also goes back to what I said; "those parents that would harm a child for something like this, have probably been doing it for some time and for far less egregious things."

And if, as a teacher, you are aware that a child will be harmed for something, you have to report it. Otherwise you are as guilty as the parents for doing it.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

If you knew outing a kid to their parents would result in rejection, abuse or neglect or in other words, disclosure would be putting a child in harm’s way would you still do it anyway?

How would you feel if you knew this was wrong and would be putting a child in danger but were forced by the state to still do it? If a child gets disowned or kicked out of the house because of your actions, is your conscience good with that?

You say "If you knew" That is the issue here, the schools don't know and are not troubling themsewlves to find out.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As it pertains to "gender nonconforming students, employees or policies", those are being created by groomers. There's hardly anything organic or normal about not conforming to the body your in.

All the sudden, there's an explosion of transgenderism in children??? Or it's so pervasive that parents shouldn't be made aware of their child's physical and mental health?

Lol, that's so they can isolate your child after they indoctrinate them so they can solidify the grooming. Duh.

They're trying to do eveything they can to inflate the issue in order to give it the validity it doesn't need or even deserves.

Get your kids OUT.

edit on 8/21/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If the kids felt they could be open to their parents — they would.

Let’s look at the parents.

This exact scenario happened with the gay kids.

They could not tell their parents.

Their only safe refuge was their peers, teachers, and school.

The history of why LGBTQ+ kids are protected by there school is already established.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i'm trans myself and if I heard that my kid is portraying a different gender from their birth sex at school, I would be asking a lot of questions.

puberty and growing up sucks, and eventually these kids realize that they were more comfortable in their birth gender than trying to make an approximation of the opposite.

im sick of the dead son/daughter, happy daughter/son rhetoric, because even if transitioned, they commit die probably more that not.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
i'm trans myself and if I heard that my kid is portraying a different gender from their birth sex at school, I would be asking a lot of questions.

puberty and growing up sucks, and eventually these kids realize that they were more comfortable in their birth gender than trying to make an approximation of the opposite.

im sick of the dead son/daughter, happy daughter/son rhetoric, because even if transitioned, they commit die probably more that not.

I think your kid would feel free to open up to you.

Like I said — the history is there.

The history of kids who had no safe place.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And just like that. . . . you want to remove the rights of millions of responsible parents for the sake of the few.

It's just like guns with the leftists, remove rights for millions because of a few who shoot people.

It's just like speech with the leftists, remove rights for millions because of a few who speak stupid crap.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This is ALASKA, which surprises me because Alaska is known to be much more conservative and family orientated.

Alaska WAS conservative until corrupt politicians and RINO's took over, and with 'Rank Voting' it's unlikely to ever recover.

People are still conservative, but Rank Voting silences the will of the majority, which is why the push is on to get it enacted in other swing and conservative states.

I'm going to be surprised if there isn't a massive amount of parents opting out of the public school system in favor of other learning venues.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Annee, my wife is a school teacher and we have decided that one of her students feels uncomfortable being an atheist. We are going to give this child as much support as possible to convert the child into becoming muslim, and there is nothing you or her parents can do about it. Ok?
edit on 21-8-2023 by greendust because: satan

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
And just like that. . . . you want to remove the rights of millions of responsible parents for the sake of the few.

And just like that… Republicans In opposition to every major medical organization in the country have banned trans related medical care for kids in 20 states negating and disregarding the rights of responsible parents and their doctors to make the best decisions on how to raise their children.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's just like guns with the leftists, remove rights for millions because of a few who shoot people.

It's just like speech with the leftists, remove rights for millions because of a few who speak stupid crap.

History with LGBTQ+ kids —- does not support right of parent over right of kid.

Your idealism has been proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Again nothing more than fear-based fantasies gone wild.

Did teachers have to report it before?

personnel can or should keep a student’s transgender status hidden from parents.

It says they can or should, it doesn't say they have to.

there might be a real issue with intolerant parents and their antiquated education methods, that needs personnel to be aware of the danger of revealing this information to parents.

It's the same as before I guess, just that they are more aware which is a good thing. Well appart for the siko parents, but who cares about them.

what's next helicopter parents want the right to know, the color of their kids underware?

If they miss it at home, it's indicative of bad parenting....

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

originally posted by: Annee

Annee, my wife is a school teacher and we have decided that one of her students feels uncomfortable being an atheist. We are going to give this child as much support as possible to convert the child into becoming muslim, and there is nothing you or her parents can do about it. Ok?

Oh, look — going for extremism.

Guess what — there are Muslim LGBTQ+ kids too —
that need a safe place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join