It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light maker to lay off hundreds of US corporate staff after sales slump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They will keep in 'woking' until our younger generation see it as normal. Brainwashing complete

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They really botched MI's release. They knew how much hype there was for Barbenheimer and they still chose to release the week before. The movie was in production for like three years, they could've easily pulled in or pushed out the release a few weeks.

Part 2 is going to have to do some serious numbers if they hope to recoup production costs.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Did I say that? I'm just pointing out a fact that "go woke, go broke" clearly isn't a thing. Alienate your core consumer, go broke, now that is a thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

It is still a thing, just shows what people care about and what they don't.

As you said, alienate your core customer base, you go broke. But, if you make a "woke" Barbie movie, nobody gives a rodents donkey about it

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: AlienBorg

You're obsessed with that Snow White movie. Did it kill your mom or something?

I'm talking about Barbie. It's currently on pace to have the best second weekend of any movie in WB's history.

Not to be that guy

Two things first could be because of the dearth of decent movies this summer, and second, those figures need to be adjusted for inflation.

It's why Gone With the Wind is still the box office king ...

For example, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone a WB release, contemporaneous 2001 grossed $965,043,494 while adjusted for inflation in just 12 years 1.6 billion.

for perspective in 2001, HPASS had a $96,937,323 opening weekend

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The making of the Barbie movie was actually pretty smart.

Of course it's a woke film, but it didn't rebrand an unwoke Barbie mainstay.

Now we come to Bud Lite. They tried to rebrand it.

They should have just opened a woke beer company, sold their trans beer, had their trans spokesmen (heh) and catered to their trans market.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

They really botched MI's release. They knew how much hype there was for Barbenheimer and they still chose to release the week before. The movie was in production for like three years, they could've easily pulled in or pushed out the release a few weeks.

Part 2 is going to have to do some serious numbers if they hope to recoup production costs.

Don't try to go off topic with a movie or a coffee...

See and appreciate what happened to Bud Light, Ben & Jerry's, NatWest, Snow White.

You go woke you go broke.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

It is still a thing, just shows what people care about and what they don't.

As you said, alienate your core customer base, you go broke. But, if you make a "woke" Barbie movie, nobody gives a rodents donkey about it

Absolutely!

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And I agree with where you're coming from.

But WB clearly knew they had a box office hit with Barbie. They brought out the old school 90s style of marketing for it. The only thing missing were the collectible cups from McDonald's.

I honestly think last weekend may be the most significant box office weekend in 20+ years.

We used to have directors that would be appointment viewing (Spielberg, Cameron, Scorcese, etc) and I feel like we lost that in the 2000s. With Oppenheimer, I feel like Nolan has established himself as his generation's Spielberg. And I feel like Gerwig could be the next Zemeckis, depending on what she does next. The fact she doesn't want to do a Barbie sequel makes me hopeful.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They didn't try to rebrand anything. They sent a six pack to a social media sensation and their bigoted consumer base got upset.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They didn't try to rebrand anything. They sent a six pack to a social media sensation and their bigoted consumer base got upset.

You can deny it all you want, but straight people didn't want the association with the rebranding.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Bigotry is a made up term.
Just as trabsphobia is.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It was a partnership with a guy pretending to be a girl for likes on SM. They, more or less, gave their most loyal customers the finger.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That's a strong generalization to make when AB InBev's market share has shrunk .1% over the past year.

Straight people for the most part don't seem to care. It's just the bigots that have taken offense to an inoffensive act.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999
They will keep in 'woking' until our younger generation see it as normal. Brainwashing complete

Good point!
That's why we need to make sure these kind of 'teachers' and indoctrinators never end up in a school and any type of indoctrination and brainwashing from the media and these companies is resisted and resisted again and again until it goes broke.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

That's a strong generalization to make when AB InBev's market share has shrunk .1% over the past year.

Straight people for the most part don't seem to care. It's just the bigots that have taken offense to an inoffensive act.

That's not true. People who are sane (not necessarily straight) are against the woke ideology and especially against the trans agenda when is involved in media, movies, schools, trying to push its antiscientific claims and values.
edit on 30-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Why is it bigoted to not want to be associated with some guy wearing a dress?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The results would beg to differ -- proof in pudding and whatnot. Same with Target. If just a few "bigots" cared, then how can it impact sales and stock price so much?

People not wanting to be force fed that a man is a woman is not bigoted. It's literally science.
edit on 30-7-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

The results would beg to differ -- proof in pudding and whatnot. Same with Target. If just a few "bigots" cared, then how can it impact sales and stock price so much?

People not wanting to be force fed that a man is a woman is not bigoted. It's literally science.

Based ^

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: AlienBorg

First and most important, if you go woke then you go broke. I think everyone should learn their lesson by now.

The biggest movie in the world right now was deemed woke by Conservatives and its still on pace to gross over a billion dollars.

I think what happens in that scenario is that if a product is oriented to female audiences then wokeness is not a big deal. Also, not all "conservatives" hate the Barbie movie. I saw it with my daughter and found it kind of funny. It was sort of a broke woke movie. It was intended to be woke (I guess?) but sort of can be seen as a mockery of wokeness if you pay close attention.

Anyway, for instance, some of the garbage I have watched my wife watch over the years is amazing to me. It as if she just doesn't get or understand the "programming" until I explain it to her and then she is all the sudden like "oohhhh.... I didn't think of that..." And she isnt dumb, she has a masters degree and is the head of the department of the educational dept. that she works in.

I just think that sometimes many women just don't really get into "big picture" thinking. It's one of the confounding reasons that women support left wing politics even if they are destructive to their own lives. Don't worry though, the more the left messes things up the more that thoughtful females catch on and begin to "leave the plantation" as they say.

Hell, I just watched a lady that was head of the NAACP in Oakland CA totally freak out about how left wing policies are destroying her community - something I wouldnt have expected to see in a million years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join