It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWITTER Migrating to the X.com Domain and the Tweet Bird is being Replaced by an "X".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sounds like the start of an unofficial gov. data base to me. People from all facets of society can easily be monitored by feds.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Sounds like the start of an unofficial gov. data base to me. People from all facets of society can easily be monitored by feds.

Which just may tie in nicely with social credits and CBDC? Pass

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hmm. Marking something with an "X" is a way of indicating it is no longer valid.

I guess the twitter bird got cancelled.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Oooooo... rebranding, always a risky move. Just ask Zuckercuck. His "Threads" competitor against Twitter is flopping like a Manili-Vanilli album.

So if people aren't frequenting either platform with Threads doing the worst, where is everyone going? FB? Instagram? TikTok God forbid??🤷🏻

ATS is the closest thing to social media website I have an account with.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: pianopraze

Excitement is spreading quickly.

Big "X" now on the side of this building.

See: gettr.com...

Just logged into twitter.

A big x flashed across the screen, regular twitter site came up with no more bird.

Twitter X-ecuted.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If he would had named it" Xchirp " with an X that would be nice , and a blackbird as logo
edit on 0b34America/ChicagoMon, 24 Jul 2023 10:42:34 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 24 Jul 2023 10:42:34 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Did you see my x?

I don’t think he’s thought this through.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A tweet is now called a twix. Tweeters are Twixxers, etc.

Have you seen Stacy's twix?!

Free advertising for the chocolate bar maker.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Hmm. Marking something with an "X" is a way of indicating it is no longer valid.

I guess the twitter bird got cancelled.

Cheers

It's also where treasure is buried or some kind of location on a map.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Would be funny if the new logo would become a phoenix.

Born out of the ashes.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah. I bet the richest man on the planet wishes he was here to read these threads and allow us to save him. Pffft.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And now it sounds like the company won't be able to rebrand in Japan because the name X Japan is already trademarked by arguably the biggest J-Rock band of all-time.

Elon really didn't think this one through.

edit on 24-7-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Japan?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Oooooo... rebranding, always a risky move. Just ask Zuckercuck. His "Threads" competitor against Twitter is flopping like a Manili-Vanilli album.

So if people aren't frequenting either platform with Threads doing the worst, where is everyone going? FB? Instagram? TikTok God forbid??🤷🏻

ATS is the closest thing to social media website I have an account with.

You're definitely NOT alone on that one.💯

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sunday, July 23, 2023

These changes make no sense to me, but I'm not the owner of the big money-losing social media platform, Twitter.

Is the Twitter bird about to go extinct? It appears so, if Elon Musk gets his way.

Musk, the billionaire owner of Twitter, said in a series of tweets late Saturday night that he was going to change the brand of the social platform to be an “X,” sharing an animated gif of a stylized X against a stark black background.

“If a good enough X logo is posted tonight, we’ll make go live worldwide tomorrow,” he said as part of a series of tweets. “And soon we shall bid adieu to the twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds.”

Also, Musk has a son named X Æ A-12 Musk with the singer Grimes but calls him by the name X.

But, of course, Musk also founded the website and online banking service X.com in 1999. It would eventually merge with another company to become PayPal. Musk reacquired the X.com domain from PayPal in 2017 and said in a tweet Saturday that the new Twitter, er, X, will operate off of it.

Tweets will be called an X, Musk wrote, and followers will be called “viewers,” a reference to a goal to make Twitter a bit more like TikTok or YouTube.
Full Article Here: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

So, when referring to Twitter posts, "Bonnie Tweeted a new cake recipe", will soon be, "Bonnie X'd a new cake recipe."?

GOOD MOVE or BAD MOVE by Musk, in your opinion?

-CareWeMust

funny for several reasons; the X looks like the icon for closing an app whih already feels tongue in cheek, its popularly used by other marketing across the digital landscape so impractical for branding, and because the new stylized logo is already owned by artist kxlider

wikialpha.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SigmaXSquared

I don't think that's possible for two reasons.

Firstly, I believe you can't copyright a single letter. Perhaps a logo, but it would have to be massively stylised. How that translates to branding, I'm not entirely sure, but I would think the same theory applies.

Secondly, if you run the X image in a font search website, you get many similar Xs that are from commercially available font sets.

Try it with... www.myfonts.com...

And here's the logo...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I like Musk but I think this is a huge mistake man wish I had money to lose like that .

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
I don't understand why Elon Musk wanted to devote time to baby-sitting a social media platform..unless he just sees it as a hobby. Something to dabble in. Twitter-X is far less exotic than Space Travel or Electric Cars.

QActually, his long term goal is am imtegrated platform complete with a fully functional payment platform that includes the ability to make micropayments, and one that supports lightning/bitcoin payments as well.

Basically, what his original vision and goal for Paypal was, which he said it never delivered on.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Shocking if true. Be the death of the thing unless Elon has something up his sleeve. Trouble is, Twitter have been shorn of staff to such an extent that he cannot have built another platform which X will form a part. Dumb move. I mean it seems like he just wants to kill Twitter at this point.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And in another development that shows how little research was done into this rebrand, it turns out Microsoft actually has the trademark for X.

X - Trademark Details

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join