It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Supplement for Those with High Blood Pressure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Mine is 125/75

Just checked it.

I do meditative breathing. I always try to exhale 3X to 5x as long as I inhale.

It's working for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Thanks BG. Have been on medication for some years now. BP was at 170, now generally 150. If I can get it any lower without meds I'll give it a go. Tired of a 'hot heavy head' feeling at times.

May I ask what your BP was initially before it came down to 110.

Kind regards,

Bally)

I have had episodes where they added the second and third prescription meds where I was 180/110 . I would feel intense pressure and had headaches when it went there.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Know the feeling. I'll give this Olive Leaf extract a go.

Cheers,

Bally

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've had the best results with hard physical activity for 8 to 10 hours a day. It doesn't have to be jogging or anything too aerobic, just constantly moving and eating only two moderate meals a day and no snacks. Quitting tobacco helped tremendously as well. 150/90 while on meds would go down to normal or occasionally get dangerously low. If I could keep up that pace and add in some jogging, cycling, or swimming, I believe I wouldn't need the meds. If I stop doing that pace though, it goes back up. I'm ready to try Super Beets Chews or what has been suggested here to keep it from varying too much with different levels of physical activity. I don't want to be on scripts to have a normal BP reading, I'd take a handful of natural supplements if they did as well or better than my scripts.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have genetic High Blood pressure myself.

1. Beet Root Powder 5 to 10 grams daily .
2. Grape Seed Extract 250mg or more daily or Trans-Resveratrol very expensive but even better than Grape Seed .
3. Turmeric 1000mg or more daily .
4. Citrulline 1 to 3 grams daily Arginine also works but I prefer Citrulline .
5. Garlic 1000mg daily.
6. Vitamin C as much as you can stomach .
7. Omega 3's Krill or Fish oil.

Combine these with proper diet and moderate Exercise.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
good for you! so many people take medications that have nasty side effects and never try to fix it naturally. a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What olive leaf extract did you exactly take?
Same here , I was on 320 mg Valsartan, and Amlodipine in the evening.
6 month ago, i started to excersize, stopped to drink any alcohol, and started a diet.
Lost 36 lbs so far. quit Amlodipine, mo more swelling, and down to 80 mg Valsartan. But I would like to try this.
Can you post a link for what to buy?

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm definitely interested in this information. Olive leaf extract is not that expensive. I got side effects from the different Beta blockers that I tried over the last forty nine years and had to quit them since they had zero effect on my Blood pressure but the side effects were a negative for me. two different doctors I had told me to just watch what I ate since they caused me issues and did not drop my BP caused by my tachychardia at all.

I will make myself into a guinney pig and order a few bottles when ordering my semi-annual vitamin order this week. Good week to order, twenty percent off the full order and I am getting low on some special supplements I take to control my epilepsy. The olive leaf extract most likely won't interfere with my food chemistries and supplements that keep my seizures at bay, and in fact, it may actually benefit my regime I use. I may have to do a little modification to fit it in though, it appears it may actually have some positive properties against epilepsy...so I might have to toy with reducing the dosage of a supplement in a day.

My Blood pressure has been higher than normal all my life, and if the lower number goes down lower than seventy eight I have dizziness properties, the upper number must remain above one twenty five with one forty being my target so I do not get pins and needles when sitting or get a spinny head. Been that way all my life, I don't let doctors make me fearful, if my bp is what they call normal, I kind of lack appropriate anti-diuretic hormone. It came from the male line from my father.

My BP seems low till I put a restriction somewhere, then it jumps up...I can feel it get way stronger when the cuff goes on. Usually my heart beats about one twenty per minute but very weak till it needs extra pressure for a bent elbow or when I am squatting. Sometimes at night, I can't even feel my heart beating in my wrist, it is like a small electric pump running with very little beat to it. I guess I am am alien or something, If I bend my elbow it kicks back to beating again.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I have genetic High Blood pressure myself.

1. Beet Root Powder 5 to 10 grams daily .
2. Grape Seed Extract 250mg or more daily or Trans-Resveratrol very expensive but even better than Grape Seed .
3. Turmeric 1000mg or more daily .
4. Citrulline 1 to 3 grams daily Arginine also works but I prefer Citrulline .
5. Garlic 1000mg daily.
6. Vitamin C as much as you can stomach .
7. Omega 3's Krill or Fish oil.

Combine these with proper diet and moderate Exercise.

Crikey mate, I live out in the bush. Appreciate the recipe dosage you've outlined but I have physical work to do and can't expect the missus, (works night shifts) or meself to ensure I stick to a regime such as this. Being out in the sticks, so to say, we very rarely make our ways into the 'big smoke' to purchase these goods so I guess I'm for it aye.

Kind regards,

bally)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Mine is 125/75

Just checked it.

It's working for me.

What was your BR before you started breathing exercises. Asking so I can gauge this.

Cheers,

Bally.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
That's Vagus Nerve or Vagal Tone. Direct impact on the breathing and heart and helps to lower BP.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Most of you know I'm a Clinical Aromatherapist as such I have treated HBP in clients for decades using essential oils and suggesting other things such as Selenium and Lecithin to reduce cholesterol if that is the bad boy causing HBP.
Love this thread and suggestions!
I'd never heard of Olive Leaf oil (totally different to an EO) helping reduce HBP, so of course, I went off and did some cursory research. I did find this....

Mild Side Effects

Some studies report side effects — including coughing, vertigo, stomach pains, and headaches.

Some people are allergic to the pollen produced by olive trees and may have an allergic reaction when taking olive leaf extract.

Medication Interactions

Olive leaf extract may lower your blood pressure and blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes or are taking medications to manage your blood sugar or blood pressure, talk to your doctor before taking olive leaf extract.

People with kidney disease should consult with their doctor before taking it, as well.

Possible Interactions With Pregnancy

Not enough data is available to suggest olive leaf extract is safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women.

From.....
Webmd link
As with all things natural, they don't suit everybody.
I've never understood (well I do), why pharma companies, by now, can't manufacture a BP medication that doesn't lead to oedema the longer you are on the medication.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nattokinase is another supplement to look into.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: amagyar

I am currently using Swanson brand, but have used three different brands, results were good with all of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks ordered some and will see how it goes

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Mine is 125/75

Just checked it.

It's working for me.

What was your BR before you started breathing exercises. Asking so I can gauge this.

Cheers,

Bally.

I use a therapeutic breathing machine my wife got on Amazon. Not pricey either.

It just coaches you.

My B/P before doing it (and I'm on meds) was 160/100 usually.

I can actually drop it ( see angelchemuel's post) to the 120's over 75-80. My respiratory rate during the exercize drops to 4-6 breaths per minute.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Thanks for this! My Dad has had high BP for a long time, and is on at least one, if not 2+ meds as well.

If you don't mind, could you share what brand of Olive Leaf extract you used? There are a ton, and as with all things, different brands can differ quite a bit in quality/strength etc...

Thanks again!
edit on 18-7-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Thanks for this. My BP went up after COVID for "some odd reason" and have had issues getting it down. Doc place me on Metoprolol which seems to do absolutely noting as the lowest it gets while on this statin s 150/80 and normally hangs around 165/90... even while not on it it seems.

I'm definitely going to give the natural approach a try as I'm not big on Pharmaceutical being the cure all.

I'll flag this and try to report back once I start getting some results.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like Nitric Oxide and Magnesium. Going to add more olive leaves with dandelions to my diet.

What species of olive tree is best?
They are actually illegal to grow them where I live but not going to let that stop me.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
I am using Swanson brand now, but have used three popular brands ordered from Amazon, all seem to work the same.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join