It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of Modern Liberal Policies .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Nope not in the slightest. That was the first post I've ever created on this site. And I'm not trying to derail anything. Just trying to engage in the conversation.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Haven't heard of anyone losing property. No one I know personally or no one I've heard of in the news.

Killing off the infirm??? That is a much deeper topic that throwing out a one liner. What Canada done is given folks the option of dying with dignity. I personally don't support that myself, but I can see where, depending on the conditions, someone would choose that over living out their lives under terrible conditions.

Not sure which equalization payments you are referring to? The payments between provinces? Carbon taxes then refunding the money back to the citizens?

No one in this country is happy with the level of taxation. No one anywhere likes taxation. But until they come up with a better way of financing things like healthcare, infrastructure, I'm not sure we have a choice. That isn't really a left vs. right debate in Canada. If the right got into power they may slightly lower some of our taxation but it wouldn't change much. We'd still have high income tax, GST, PST, etc. The country would literally fall apart without that money.

I have lived in Western Canada for literally my entire life and very few people move from Eastern Canada out West. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's definitely not an epidemic of Easterners......

Thanks I look forward to better understand the other side of the spectrum!!

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
to understand where we are you need to look at previous arcs liberalism took.. in the modern context it goes something like Galton through classical liberalism to new liberalism where it starts to run out of steam and ends into fascism/Nazism and Stalinism..

we are in the run out of steam and starting to steal ideas from others part as it devolves into dystopia.. some countries are far more advanced in that devolution towards dystopia than others, the Canadians and Aussies appear to lead the pack in the anglosphere while the English and Americans are trapped in the jinxed 48/52 split..

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What you've got to get through your heads is the definition of a modern Liberal is they are liberal with your money giving it to the friends ie. other liberals.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's all Pretty Simple.
Republicans at least Most Follow and Uphold the Constitution.
Democrats not so Much.
I Will Never Vote for Another Democrat.
They have Proven Time and again that they are Not for the People.
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

There is some truth to people moving out west, but most of them are working class people who cannot afford the out paced upper middle class life style that has enfulfed most of southern Ontario.
Other than that. No city in Canada that has significant like that seen in Silicon Valley looks anything like it.
The issues that plague silicon valley go much deeper than just liberal policies.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Never thought I would say this but I am more like Bill Maher... I havent changed much but the politics sure have.

Registered independent or third party my entire life.

As a young man more of my beliefs aligned with the democrats than the republicans.

Then all of a sudden people said oh you agree with the blue dog democrats...I was like huh.

then again all of a sudden people are telling me I am a right wing nutjob.

People are letting the media drive what a set of beliefs has to align with politically, even though the vast majority of america should be considered in the middle of the road where some beliefs lean right others lean left.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ahh and Republicans are just the good guys trying to fight against the evil baby-killing democrats. Wish I could see things so simplistically. Kinda reminds me of left wingers saying that Republicans are the party of racist, rich welfare, corrupt, minority hating bigots that make up wild conspiracies and vote in politicians that believe them (Qanon).

You guys say the same type of BS to each other. This is why the country isn't progressing. Both parties have convinced their voters that the opposing party is full of villians that stand against everything they believe in.

So people just blindly vote to one party because the other side is "evil". The truth is both parties are full of corruption and aweful politicians. We won't get anywhere by just blaming one side for everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Deleted by poster. (Posting issue)

edit on 16-7-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2
edit on 16-7-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianLoudMouth

Haven't heard of anyone losing property. No one I know personally or no one I've heard of in the news.

“Alberta introduces firearms act to counter federal legislation“

edmonton.ctvnews.ca...

Guns are private property.

Killing off the infirm??? That is a much deeper topic that throwing out a one liner. What Canada done is given folks the option of dying with dignity. I personally don't support that myself, but I can see where, depending on the conditions, someone would choose that over living out their lives under terrible conditions.

“Former paralympian tells MPs veterans department offered her assisted death“

www.cbc.ca...

There’s more than this one example.

Not sure which equalization payments you are referring to? The payments between provinces? Carbon taxes then refunding the money back to the citizens?

I was referring to the first but thanks for reminding me of the carbon taxes

No one in this country is happy with the level of taxation. No one anywhere likes taxation. But until they come up with a better way of financing things like healthcare, infrastructure, I'm not sure we have a choice. That isn't really a left vs. right debate in Canada. If the right got into power they may slightly lower some of our taxation but it wouldn't change much. We'd still have high income tax, GST, PST, etc. The country would literally fall apart without that money.

“The federal government is raising five taxes this year. The Canada Pension Plan tax, Employment Insurance tax, the carbon tax and alcohol taxes are going up. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is imposing a second carbon tax through fuel regulations. The government also spent $450,000 studying and promoting a home equity tax.”

www.taxpayer.com...

Too much waste and the Libs are best at it.

I have lived in Western Canada for literally my entire life and very few people move from Eastern Canada out West. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's definitely not an epidemic of Easterners......

“As almost 40,000 people uprooted themselves from Ontario and moved to Alberta last year, the provincial government suggests the new population data is proof the 'Alberta is Calling' advertising campaign is working.“

calgary.ctvnews.ca...

That’s one year, just from Ontario.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join