It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of Modern Liberal Policies .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Anyone regularly on ATS knows I’m not a hard core conservative and I’m no Liberal Democrat either. That being said I’m not a fence rider , I believe what I believe regardless of Party Ideology .

Admittedly most of My beliefs now that I’m older lean Right but there was a time in my Life My beliefs were wholeheartedly Democrat . 2008 is when things started to change for me , Barack Obama did nothing but create division in the USA though I did buy his message at first …forgive me I was young.

What shocks me though are people in their 30’s 40’s and older that actually still vote Democrat and believe the message. A fully developed adult brain with life experience who buys the Liberal ideology . Mind boggling …

I digress ….

SAN FRANCISCO , CALIFORNIA .
Here is what you get with True non-stop Liberal Policies. A real time example in your face and yet people want this for the whole country ? Is NYC any better or Atlanta or Chicago or Baltimore ? Pure Democrat cities with the Strictest possible gun laws.

edit on 14-7-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I too voted for Obama in 2008, we were fooled completely.

Modern Liberalism has devolved into a form of mental illness where they have no rules, no morals, no integrity, no shame, no conscience and they think they are entitled to be handed everything.
edit on 14-7-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I too voted for Obama in 2008, we were fooled completely.

Modern Liberalism has devolved into a form of mental illness where they have no rules, no morals, no integrity, no shame, no conscience and they think they are entitled to be handed everything.

...with no fear of accountability for their actions .

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on this site for at least 10 years. I decided to finally join and speak up. I will be completely up front and transparent, I'm a Canadian leftist. Which means I'm somewhere in the middle of the American Dems and Republicans. I find Canadian politics not nearly as extreme, on either side of the spectrum. Now that we've gotten that out of the way.....

I am the exact opposite of the OP. I started out, at a young voting age voting almost completely for the right. As I got older I learned that the right was aligning less and less with my personal beliefs. So I started voting left. Like the OP, I would not say I'm tied to one side of the other. Every election I go through a list of the issues important to me, figure out who aligns most closely with my beliefs on those issues......most matches gets my vote. But without a doubt that hasn't been the Conservatives at all. They are getting further and further from my core beliefs.

I will disagree that left run cities are all a complete disaster. There are cities that have swung TOO FAR LEFT, like San Fran, and yes it's showing. However there are plenty of left run cities, both in the US and Canada, where folks enjoy a good standard of living. Just more balances and not so extreme as SF.

Anyway, not sure why I chose this post to join the site. But hope to enjoy my time here!

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And yet. If I behaved like that I would be locked up.

a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
And yet. If I behaved like that I would be locked up.

a reply to: RazorV66

Truth.

I mean you see stories of these people walking into Walgreens, CVS or wherever and they fill up bags of merchandise and just walk out without a worry at all.
It’s outrageous.

First of all, the thought of being a criminal has never crossed my mind but if I was to try something like that, I am sure I would get pummeled by the cops.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianLoudMouth

You guys are euthanizing homeless people.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What you are is a long term member of ATS who created a temporary account to post on this OP and try to derail it and you even cooked up a little Canadian Back Story.

Nice Try though.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What shocks me though are people in their 30’s 40’s and older that actually still vote Democrat and believe the message. A fully developed adult brain with life experience who buys the Liberal ideology .

It's often because voting Democrat is not voting for Republicans. It's not shocking at all, there's been a number of Republicans that very much turn people off from voting Republican. How do you think Biden got elected? It's not because of his charming personality.

Republicans have been just as aweful as Democrats. The main problem is that people vote by party and not on an indivdual basis.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And regardless of how unimaginably bad things are now, things are going to get a whole lot worse before they ever start to get better. But that's exactly what the powers to be want.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I never voted for Obama. I was strictly against his policies.

For that, I was called a racist by the left for 8 years.

Just because I didn't like his policies, etc.

Then Trump ran.

I voted for him and I was called a sexist (for not voting for Hillary) and a Russian troll and/or Deplorable for voting for Trump.

By the left.

The left then says, after Biden comes in, "Why are conservatives so divisive? Why can't we come together?"

For 12 years, I received insults, death threats (even on ATS), for not obeying leftist ideology.

I occasionally voted for democrats locally, but never again. I'm not a republican, I'm a registered Independent, have always been.

But I'll chew tinfoil in Hell before I EVER vote for a god-damned democrat ever again in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Republicans have been just as aweful as Democrats. The main problem is that people vote by party and not on an indivdual basis.

Yes no arguments here .

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So you’re all for taking Canadian’s private property.

Killing off the infirm.

“Equalization” payments.

Ostracizing your fellow citizens because of a medical choice that they made.

Outrageous taxation.

And moving into the western Canadian cities from the messed up Leftist eastern cities so that you can spread your “personal beliefs” and mess up the western cities and Provinces as well.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

This may or may not apply here. "The primrose path is lined with thorns".

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleJake

This may or may not apply here. "The primrose path is lined with thorns".

Do tell me ' Whose primrose path leads to hell ?

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The liberal progressive path. I thought that was obvious by now.

Actually, there are several paths to hell. The neocon path leads to hell as well.
edit on 14-7-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

What shocks me though are people in their 30’s 40’s and older that actually still vote Democrat and believe the message. A fully developed adult brain with life experience who buys the Liberal ideology .

It's often because voting Democrat is not voting for Republicans. It's not shocking at all, there's been a number of Republicans that very much turn people off from voting Republican. How do you think Biden got elected? It's not because of his charming personality.

Actually, the truth is this:

edit on 14-7-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
San Francisco
Leaving the cars open so thieves don't smash anything.
Yet, if I were to wait a short distance away until some low life came to steal out of my car, then proceeded to stop them by beating them into a three week ICU visit I guess I'm the bad guy.
Guess I better stay the hell out of San Francisco.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I used to be a liberal but it has evolved into something that is not good for our society. Sure, some liberals that kick out the bad people do do pretty well, but those cities limit the people that join in their societies....they have lots of gated communities with security and their police departments run the bad people out of town instead of arresting them or limit housing for any riff raff in the area by having high priced rents.
their cost of living is very high too, so even though they make what appears to be a good wage compared to other places, the people are not that well off either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join