It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This morning I felt stressed, anxious, depressed etc . I decided to try meditation again as it works well to calm /reset me.
My favorite meditation videos are from the Honest Guys on youtube, they work everytime like a charm

I closed my eyes and started seeing swirls , like you see from photos of the sun , and it became very colourful and vivid. I didn't see this anymore suddenly towards the end of the video, it's really interesting how that can happen and why?

What have your experiences been like with meditation?

On a sidenote, why does youtube keep pushing 'tiny houses' videos on me ? I never watched these , I keep downvoting them when they pop up as it's annoying ( you will own nothing and be happy BS) . If I ignore them, they still popup . I need to mediatate again to stay calm.
They want this reaction off course , will ignore them from now on and meditate instead

edit on 9-7-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
This morning I felt stressed, anxious, depressed etc . I decided to try meditation again as it works well to calm /reset me.
My favorite meditation videos are from the Honest Guys on youtube, they work everytime like a charm

I closed my eyes and started seeing swirls , like you see from photos of the sun , and it became very colourful and vivid. I didn't see this anymore suddenly towards the end of the video, it's really interesting how that can happen and why?

What have your experiences been like with meditation?

On a sidenote, why does youtube keep pushing 'tiny houses' videos on me ? I never watched these , I keep downvoting them when they pop up as it's annoying ( you will own nothing and be happy BS) . If I ignore them, they still popup . I need to mediatate again to stay calm.
They want this reaction off course , will ignore them from now on and meditate instead

I'm not sure what they are, but the gurus say to ignore them as they can be a distraction. Others say it's you connecting with your pineal glad, and different coloured swirls mean different things.

Definitely a grey area.

My swirls always travel upwards like watching waves hitting the shore from a bird's eye view. Sometimes white, sometimes green/purple.

Here's an interesting fact I haven't shared with anytime yet.

I was having my haircut a few months ago and always keep my eyes closed during my cut anyway, i hadn't been meditating for too long and thought I'd try it sitting in the barbers chair. The white upwards waves started happening and everything was happening as normal, but as soon as he started using the electric clippers, the swirls/waves turned instantly purple and stayed that way. Weird!

🤷‍♂️

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

I meditated twice today. This morning the swirls were yellow/orange, and the second time purple. I think they're calming at least.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
a reply to: Albert999

I meditated twice today. This morning the swirls were yellow/orange, and the second time purple. I think they're calming at least.

Yes they are calming, I think they only happen when you become fully calm it in a meditative state. When I see them I know I'm doing it right, but I try not to focus on them because it takes me away from the other things I'm focusing on lol

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Meditation is great for calming the mind from all the stress it deals with on a daily basis. My meditation is something similar to that described as Yoga Nidra. Being aware as entire body enters a very deep sleep state. I really don't try to visualize anything. But have had a vision of a tree. Another of a large eye looking at me.

I have always been curious of my heart beat when meditating. A cheap Xiaomi Mi Band records it at around 42 beats a minute. I have yet to record at my deepest meditation level (very hard to enter).

I don't think I could not meditate with that video. Its too noisy.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Meditation is great for calming the mind from all the stress it deals with on a daily basis. My meditation is something similar to that described as Yoga Nidra. Being aware as entire body enters a very deep sleep state. I really don't try to visualize anything. But have had a vision of a tree. Another of a large eye looking at me.

I have always been curious of my heart beat when meditating. A cheap Xiaomi Mi Band records it at around 42 beats a minute. I have yet to record at my deepest meditation level (very hard to enter).

I don't think I could not meditate with that video. Its too noisy.
Actually I saw an eye too today, the second time I meditated, I just assumed it was nothing, but maybe not. Also I noticed my eyes were fluttering very fast, as happens in R.E.M sleep state?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I forgot about the fluttering thingy. Like a movie screen with empty frames. No idea what it is. Since my mind has become more restful I don't experience it anymore. Have you thought about going deeper. Or are you just happy enough doing it for relaxation?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

I forgot about the fluttering thingy. Like a movie screen with empty frames. No idea what it is. Since my mind has become more restful I don't experience it anymore. Have you thought about going deeper. Or are you just happy enough doing it for relaxation?
No , I defintely want to go deeper. There's a lot more to meditation then meets the eye. I've heard stories people healing themselves, as well as gaining abilities to heal others , all through meditation. Also, reports from people who started to experience strange events the more they meditated

How long have you meditated , and how do you go about it?
edit on 9-7-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Couple decades back I meditated for 3 months in solitude for about 10 hours a day. Because of illness I stopped. Have been meditating for last few years but not as intense. Trying to get back into the deeper voids.

I don't think any method is as good as any other. I just sink in myself, deeper and deeper, just witnessing the body as it falls asleep. The limbs of body will go to sleep first. A wave typically rises up the body as it goes to sleep. Bit of pain from the muscles on my face. Also hard to let go of breathing as its my last connection to body. Then a powerful zing as body enters what I call the void. You on your own in there. I have only entered it a few times. Just bathe in that emptiness.
edit on 9-7-2023 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
People think of meditation as represented in a certain way based on what is done in different societies...yet they don't understand that prayers you have been repeating for years can be a kind of meditation. I grew up saying certain prayers at night, about three or four I had memorized and just a talk to god discussing what was going on in my life. I was able to get relaxed and fell asleep easier because I took my mind off of what I was concerned about from the day and focused on the prayers I said pretty often. prayers I learned when I was a kid which were relaxing when I said them outload or just in my mind.

I get just as relaxed going out in the yard and telling the trees how my life is going and thinking about things that relaxed me from years gone by. Is it actually god that gave me the relaxation after saying the prayers or was I just meditating, was it the trees that spoke to me or was it my own peace of mind from telling the trees of my woes.

You do not need religion to speak to god, you need belief in a higher power. The collective consciousness of this world is a part of the way bigger collective consciousness of everything that exists, that big consciousness is god, and the local collective consciousness is a part of god. The local part of god is not just of us humans, all living things are part of that consciousness. Connecting with that can be done with meditation too. Clearing your mind can allow us to get connected with the frequencies of it. We are animals, we should live symbiotically with this planets other creatures. If we eat anything, we should respect the life that was lost for us to survive. Even the plants.

When you get to the point that you start to realize we are just a small part of the big picture and that everything has consciousness, even microbes and plants, you will realize that we are all dependent on each other to survive.

You can do that in many ways, but somehow religions strayed from what they once promoted, even judism is a sort of earthism to a certain point. I rarely pray these days, but I do talk to god and that is powered through the local part of god which is this worlds consciousness. I was born a Human but respect all of nature. I feel bad when a tree dies because I cut it down, so I make sure I really need to cut it down before I do. It is how I was brought up. I do not want to live in a big city, I like the peace and tranquility of nature, of the woods. I feel great just going out in the woods where there is no power around and pick blueberries or raspberries or blackberries. When I am doing that I noticed that the mosquitoes are flying all around near the bushes....I studied why they do not bite. The males actually like to suck on the berries, the females go for blood....sounds a little like humans....there is nothing worse than a woman's scorn.

But that does not apply to the deer flies and horseflies, so you still need bug spray to protect you from them and any hungry females when they come out. Usually the guy mosquitoes are getting all juiced up all day and the women get fired up in the evening. Think about this. It is part of how things work with many species.

So what is meditation, right now I am meditating telling you guys what I am thinking. There are many ways to meditate, right now you are hearing my thoughts just like the trees do when I sit in the woods or lay on the beach listening to the small waves splash against the shore. Even water is full of life, everything is linked, the main thing is to find a way to link to nature. The roots of a tree in electrolyte filled ground passes signals to the grass roots then to another tree and to all life near the tree. Connecting to what the Native Americans call the great spirit, a part of god, gives you tranquility. The Indians accepted Christianity because god is the same thing as the great spirit...it just has a little different twist to it.

Whether you believe it or not, everything is somehow connected through the collective consciousness, but people block it and are led to interpret things the way they believe or have been taught. Think of what happens when you meditate, clear your mind so it is open to this link can help anyone feel more tranquil. But if you are convinced it is bull crap, it will not happen.

I introduced religion into this even though I do not belong to a religion anymore, but that does not stop me from believing in god and trying to find peace by connecting to the collective consciousness of the world. By doing this I no longer fear much, which it seems that some people who promote fear to control us dislike. That includes some aspects of religions and our government and big corporations that profit from our fear. Meditation can help to take away that fear but meditation can be done in many ways. think about this.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That was hilarious, the part about the female mosquitos
And yes, I totally get what you're saying and I agree with most of what you said. I think actually that our collective consciousness could be causing many of today's world problems. Or maybe it's mass hysteria, or mass hypnosis, either way we are all connected . Unfortunately also to Klaus Shwab

Perhaps a mass waking-up will steer us in the direction of sanity and non upside down world some day soon

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I've only consciously meditated a few times tbh, mostly over the last couple of years. I did remember all the other times I "concentrated" on nothing though. I find it fascinating how mediation is a natural thing people can just do, no training required. When I've purposefully meditated I'm usually doing memory/trauma work. I don't have much ability to visualise proactively when using my memory but meditation can make memories almost dream like and very vivid... It's quite useful.

Glend mentioned Yoga Nidra, I stumbled on that one "lazy meditating" and to think about it I've probably been doing something similar when approaching sleep for years. Just gathering data on why my sleep was a bit broken I'd guess which turned out to be directly related to why I was purposefully mediating. It's funny what can be realised when the pieces come together.

When I was a kid I remember watching someone break a deep diving record without equipment, I'll never forget him saying mediation was the way he slowed his heart down so he could hold his breath for minutes at a time, it even showed him linked up to machines to record his vitals which significantly dropped on his demand. I got to 2 ½ to 3 minutes as a kid and that whole "relax on demand" thing has proven invaluable as life wore me down. So yeah, forms of meditating are invaluable to me and I'd consider it a natural thing we're somewhat gravitated to.

What did the eye look like btw?

I've seen one before sleep a few times but never during a meditation session. I've seen an endless room of cogs once, I say cogs but it was more like infinite wheels suspended endlessly and ever turning, non of them were connected physically but one got the sense they're all turning in tandem. That "vision" was somewhat paired with an ouroboros symbol. Not necessarily my cup of tea that kind of stuff... Too much caffeine. It was a trip to see like that when I don't have much visual imagination.

Yeah mediation is great, there's no right or wrong way I'd assume and I think we all naturally gravitate towards doing it at times.

Just to add, I totally agree with your last post. I needn't be religious to adopt the slogan "good deeds, good words, good thoughts" because anyone can do those things proactively. It genuinely makes a difference. Not just for ourselves but for others too.
edit on 10-7-2023 by RAY1990 because: To add

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

What did the eye look like btw?

I've seen one before sleep a few times but never during a meditation session. I've seen an endless room of cogs once, I say cogs but it was more like infinite wheels suspended endlessly and ever turning, non of them were connected physically but one got the sense they're all turning in tandem. That "vision" was somewhat paired with an ouroboros symbol. Not necessarily my cup of tea that kind of stuff... Too much caffeine. It was a trip to see like that when I don't have much visual imagination.

Yeah mediation is great, there's no right or wrong way I'd assume and I think we all naturally gravitate towards doing it at times.

Just to add, I totally agree with your last post. I needn't be religious to adopt the slogan "good deeds, good words, good thoughts" because anyone can do those things proactively. It genuinely makes a difference. Not just for ourselves but for others too.
I saw the eye as if looking someone in the eye, but it was very close-up. The colors were harder to determine in the eye, but it was definitely an eye.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Meditation is great, I found out that doing Qi Gong a few minutes before helps being more calm and sorted.

I meditate for different purposes and do not go by any standards, just by what feels right and work or does not work for me. One of my favorite is working with Chi. Sometimes when I meditate in the forest, I may start to freeze and then I practice Chi projecting around my skin / where my body meets the environment. I found this out by accident and later read about similar techniques, so I am confident it is not just imagination.

Sometimes when I meditate, the orb / eye goes away and all goes pitch black. Then fine white lines start to make out a picture, like part of a face, I once saw a sailboat but then snapped out. Not sure what that is, the start of a dream or imagination or *gasp*
remote viewing?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The inner view I have always looks like this...

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I used to meditate all the time.

No videos.

The colours go when you fully switch off.

Best experience I had was a feeling almost identical to a small dose of MDMA. The colours go, and obviously only dark nothing remains, but on this occasion I experienced bright white light, very calming, and intense euphoria.

Never got there again to be honest, started smoking too much. Probably in the right place now to get back there.
edit on 11-7-2023 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

That's chasing the proverbial dragon... Impermanence means that experience is gone, dead, can't rise again that bowl is cashed and chasing or dragging the ashes around will only prevent any future arising that could surpass that.

I made the same mistake; "Mistaking the finger for the moon." as it is called... Where'd all that awesome bliss go? Come back! Every time I sat for over a decade... Finally seeing the noble truth of impermanence at its very core; I let go.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
The inner view I have always looks like this...

A person with a beer-belly, trying to look at their toes ?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

A scale and getting on it a least once a week as a motivation; Is a better purchase for that kind of Buddha.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Alright, let's talk about meditation, a powerhouse for your mind and body. Just like hitting the gym pumps up your muscles, meditation is like a mental workout that strengthens your brain and overall well-being.

When you meditate, you're giving your mind a chance to slow down and focus. It's like hitting the reset button on all that mental chatter and stress. Through regular practice, you can improve your concentration, reduce stress levels, and boost your mood. But that's not all – meditation is like a one-stop shop for your health. It's been shown to lower blood pressure, improve sleep quality, and even enhance immune function. Plus, it's accessible to everyone, anytime, anywhere. So, if you're looking to level up your mental and physical game, meditation is your secret weapon. Just a few minutes a day can make a world of difference in your overall well-being. Trust me, your mind and body will thank you for it!

top topics

join