It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC hiding another Jimmy Saville

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
A bit of unnecessary crudity in this discussion.

The problem is that the BBC can go all tabloid when it suits - like the time it sent a helicopter to tarnish the reputation of Cliff Richard - and all quiet the next minute, like when it's a politician of the "right politics" getting into some sex scandal. Or endlessly pursuing politicians who are "not of their persuasion" - yes, that's Boris, but also Corbyn.

Or, all quiet when it's one of their own.

The BBC needs reform to break the grip of the unaccountable echo chamber of superiority and self-service.

Probably they need to close it because it emits propaganda (usually left wing).

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not that long ago at the start of the covid drama I turned on the television one morning which is unusual for me as I am a radio fan .

My weirdo detector must have been switched on that day because everyone on the television that day set it off and that has never happened before .

BBC 1 had Katie Hill talking movies with Mark Kermo then the guy doing the weather ,danger Will Robinson was ringing in my head , I flicked it on to ITV and it got louder still with Philip scofhield ,Holly willaby and Ryan
the whole thing is a freak show even one of the only things I watch a car show called Wheeler dealers is a bit iffy when you examine it in detail poor Ed China slaves away locked up in a garage working for nothing and having to call the other dude Sir all the time , maybe we should tell him he is really a gimp locked up in Z's garage

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

First off, trying to discern differences in crimes is not me saying that one is bad, so the other must be not so bad. They’re all bad. But for the sake of analysis and judgement details are important.

While this and saville’s are both sexual crimes that does not mean they are the same. It’s like saying a bar fight punch and a brutal stabbing are the same. They’re similar, but not the same.

We don’t know the details of this yet (though I’ll hazard a guess that blackmail was involved), but what we know is not remotely in the same league as saville. That doesn’t mean it’s ok, or that if a kid was harmed they’re not as worthy as saville’s victims. But surely you see there’s a difference?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Social media was flooded with stories not so long ago according to one of my friends , Philip schofield was the right hand man when he was younger of Jimmy Saville and security guards were catching him in the act with young boys at television studios long ago .

There seems to be a lot getting brushed under the carpet here and the person in question this time H.E always came across as a normal bloke but as they say you don't get famous unless you have been comprised

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, the lawyersrepresenting the 'victim' have made a statement that his mum made the whole thing up!
Plot thickens!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Well, the lawyersrepresenting the 'victim' have made a statement that his mum made the whole thing up!
Plot thickens!
Rainbows
Jane

That sounds unlikely. I wonder if someone got their palm greased sufficiently.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Wont be greased enough as she could be sued and all manner of other things I would imagine.
But the mother claims she has the photo's. Call my bluff?
Who knows at this point.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
I just watched the channel 4 news to see their take on the story.
The most important line I took was "We really don't know now if this is another scandal at the BBC, or another scandal of tabloid reporting"
I'm kinda beginning to think it's just more distraction media now, bit ashamed that I allowed this story of strangers to distract me from my own life!

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73
This is really beginning to feel like 'deals done behind closed doors' doesn't it.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty
Saville was given rooms in hospitals, without questions. A knighthood. He was advising the queen and other members of the royal family and was good friends with Thatcher. God only knows how the hell this happened.

This cannot be on the same level. Surely not.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Frankly this whole story is going to be a nightmare for the Sun and there's going to be a LOT of litigation around it. I imagine that imbeciles who have been speculating on Twitter about the identity of the BBC presenter are going to be frantically deleting everything that they can, as the libel writs will be flying like confetti.
Frankly I wouldn't have touched this story with a bargepole.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'll lose no sleep for the S*n and its supporters.

Does concern me though how quickly this has changed from being about an exploited kid to an unfairly libelled celeb.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Does concern me though how quickly this has changed from being about an exploited kid to an unfairly libelled celeb.

Oh, as I told my wife yesterday, if The Sun fell into a volcano I wouldn't shed a tear, but I might feel sorry for the lava, due to all the slime from that disgusting den of filth.
As you can tell I have issues about The Sun.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Frankly I wouldn't have touched this story with a bargepole.

I would if I was a journalist with actual verification that over 30 grand was paid to a child from age 17, and that intimate images were shared.
It seems the cops agree as well now, GBnews are reporting that the BBC have been told to stop their investigation (by the cops) because they are taking over.

That presenter's career is #ed now though lol, I don't believe for a minute that the Sun newspaper (rag) would have run with it, unless they had pretty convincing evidence that that large sums of money were paid to a young adult for dodgy images.
With the drop in newspaper sales since internet, they needed this story to be true...and It seems that the cops will be the ones to confirm it, or not.

...I don't trust anyone who I don't actually know though, so I wouldn't be surprised with anything, including cops doing a fake investigation, and covering it all back up for the dodgy BBC. Same old same old😡

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Yeah, I wouldn't have touched due to worries over the litigation issues. This thing is already getting the libel lawyers involved and it's going to get messy as hell, due to the writs flying. The Sun should have been 100% happy with all its sources on this one before they even breathed a word about it, gotten all its legal ducks in a row and absolutely nailed this down from every angle.
And I wouldn't trust The Sun to do proper due diligence on this, I'm sorry, I think that they're a bunch of sleazy morons who want easy clicks and hysterical coverage. This story is already going into strange new directions, with three sets of lawyers now - the youth has their own lawyer? What's going on?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

This story is already going into strange new directions, with three sets of lawyers now - the youth has their own lawyer? What's going on?

It's a big sleazy mix of sex, drugs, and people who think they are untouchable exploiting young people.

Exactly the same as found in every facet of 'normal' society, just larger sums of money, and the coke isn't cut with as much # as street level.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   

What gets me is that the BBC is saying that part of the initial contact on this story was an email and a mobile phone - and no response from either when the BBC said that they tried to get in touch to verify this. If true, that's a very thin hook to hang this story on.
No, this is an odd one and I'm willing to bet that only the libel lawyers will be happy at the end of the day.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Oh, as I told my wife yesterday, if The Sun fell into a volcano I wouldn't shed a tear, but I might feel sorry for the lava, due to all the slime from that disgusting den of filth.
As you can tell I have issues about The Sun.

Dont blame you fella, Im a Liverpool fan so know all about their track record

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Apparently a second person has come out pointing finger at same said 'POI'
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>