It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Origins of the Nimitz UFO Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

MM are you of the mind that TFT/TFTR was the one who handed off the vid disks to LuLu and Mellon in the pentagon parking lot?

If so, then it’s possible TFT/TFTR received orders from the Nimitz to the Pentagon as a matter of a typical duty station rotation going from Sea duty, to Shore duty.

The Navy personnel office would have copies of transferred Navy personnel from the Nimitz to the Pentagon. The impossible part of that is getting the access to those transfer records …..for narrowing it down efforts.

Out of the Nimitz 5000 plus Sailors…..I would say, at best, just a handful if that many, would be lucky enough to score shore duty work at the Pentagon. Probably a coveted assignment, like military personnel working at the White House.

👽
edit on 29-6-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Great thread mirageman. Too bad there are so few journalists that will dig into a story like this to ask the hard questions, and there are so many unanswered. Too many media outlets just bought the (apparently revised) story as is, instead of looking into it like you have. Thanks for your efforts in raising all these questions and discrepancies in the way events unfolded.

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Anyone knows if the original video had the same audio ?

I always get a feeling the audio was added later for the dramatisation effect and to steer people into a opinion based on the comments made in the audio.
You sound confused. I downloaded the video called FLIR.mp4 this thread is sort of about in 2020 directly from the Navy site when they made it availble on the internet. The video has an audio track, but there's no sound, except maybe some white noise type low hum or something. That's the official video this story culminated in though originally it was available on the german server. I compared the pentagon version released in 2020 to the version in the TFT thread in 2007 and it's essentially the same video, but the version the navy posted in 2020 uses a more modern compression algorithm so the file is about half the size. Neither has any audio to speak of in the empty audio track.

However the other two videos that were made about a decade after the FLIR video were also made available by the navy at the same time. Those two do have audio and I have no reason to doubt that it's genuine, but there are plenty of other things to question and doubt about the stories, besides the audio.

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

MM are you of the mind that TFT/TFTR was the one who handed off the vid disks to LuLu and Mellon in the pentagon parking lot?

If so, then it’s possible TFT/TFTR received orders from the Nimitz to the Pentagon as a matter of a typical duty station rotation going from Sea duty, to Shore duty.
Your question sounds like you think TFT/TFTR was a person, but the impression I got from reading this thread is that there may have been 2 or 3 people involved in the TFT/TFTR posts, so maybe (probably?) not one person.

edit on 2023629 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vanux
Got lost along the way.!! Yawning..!!

I'm sure it's a wonderful thread..!

Seriously. If someone is going to create a multi-post OP on a subject, then at least provide an abstract or summary at the beginning to explain what the point of it all is.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

This dialogue is what infers to me that TFT/TFTR may be one and the same person (singular)….

Two members of ATS were provided some personal details to verify TFTR was indeed TFT. They both found it difficult to establish this definitively. However, they also felt he probably was the same person.

Then corroborating to this singularity is the following dialogue from TFT/TFTR……

People on this site, know that it was I who personally went to the carrier at like 3am , on a trolley, and a ferry at the time to go retrieve the data. The truth is there, its archived on this website in like 2006/2007 that is about a decade before it hit the news.

Also…His description “on a trolley” and “a ferry” points to the Nimitz being moored at North Island San Diego …seaside of the Naval Air Station there……how do I know…I was in the Navy stationed in San Diego. It was and is still common for off duty and on duty Naval personnel to take the trolley’s in the area and also the ferry from San Diego across the bay to get to the North Island base by walking, biking, or taxi.

👽
edit on 29-6-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I just watched it. It was pretty good. It explains how the steerable plasma technology works.

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Also…His description “on a trolley” and “a ferry” points to the Nimitz being moored at North Island San Diego …seaside of the Naval Air Station there……how do I know…I was in the Navy stationed in San Diego. It was and is still common for off duty and on duty Naval personnel to take the trolley’s in the area and also the ferry from San Diego across the bay to get to the North Island base by walking, biking, or taxi.

Good input.
Ever heard of an "ADP" aboard a ship on your travels?

If it gets to the point where it looks like TFT/R is:

Multiple people,
Who talk in Navy lingo,
Who can construct/fabricate social media good enough to compel non green researchers to believe them.
Who can (crucially) "magically" exfiltrate data from SIPRNet whilst avoiding detection

The list of potential suspects in the above scenario for the "pre planted evidence" theory gets pretty f-ing small IMO.

Its either an inside job OR a real navy techie who got super lucky when throwing caution to the wind /got fitted up by said insiders.

Cant see any middle ground.
edit on 30-6-2023 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

originally posted by: Vanux
Got lost along the way.!! Yawning..!!

I'm sure it's a wonderful thread..!

Seriously. If someone is going to create a multi-post OP on a subject, then at least provide an abstract or summary at the beginning to explain what the point of it all is.

The first few paragraphs of the OP outline a summary of what is a long and convoluted story. Hard to be brief with a story like this.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I didn't mention it in the thread but TFTR never claimed to be in contact with any of the TTSA crowd. However that doesn't mean he was being honest with us.

Elizondo probably knew about the video from working with BAASS. Dough Kurth is the silent man in all of this. He was supposedly a witness to the tic-tac UFO, or at least the disturbane in the water below. When he left the Navy he went on to work for BAASS.
edit on 30/6/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   

You sound confused.

Yes i was not aware there was a video released without audio by the US Navy

I thought there where only 2 video's released , the one on the german website and the one released with the pilots voices.

Thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Here also re Kurth.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Like my old man used to say dont beliveve evertying that is written or is on the news. So how do you know that the War Zone story is also fabricated bullsheep to tamp down what the pilots said.

Dont belivev Robert Lazar either.

Until you see a UFO or UFO's this back and forth game will continue to go on. We saw craft over the South Carolina Georgia border back on May 4, 2018. They have also returned. Other ATS members also see what I have seen and yes we have video.

Just love the ignorance.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Redditor has a good point about WTH was a pilot doing managing 40 scientists and researchers.

Very last comment made me lol ..Kurth just making some crap up for a nice, safe job on the ground with the billionaire who wants his own beliefs validated is a legit. possibility.

edit on 30-6-2023 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I see, but what about the change overnight in story, spelling, and grammar? Is that consistent with TFTR being a singular person?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: mirageman
The poster described events somewhat differently than he would 24 hours later…with the UFO described as a disk. and the timing of events very different.

"….The UFO was floating extremely still in mid air, this was 30,000 ft above ground level. It looked literally and i mean LITERALLY just like a disk"

TFT then returned to ATS a day later, having improved his standard of grammar and spelling overnight, and left an entirely new post entitled.

Fighter Jet UFO Footage : The Real Deal

It revealed the details of the ‘leaked’ Nimitz UFO report in 2018 and the ‘official’ story we are now familiar with.
That's quite a change if it was a singular person. Maybe a person can change his story from a disk to a tic tac overnight which is suspicious enough, but spelling and grammar also changing? Does that seem like one person?

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Arbi……Arbi……perhaps you’ve not read every post I’ve ever submitted….to which I have sometimes disclaimed my butchery of sentence structuring, grammar and misspelling of words. It can happen….not everyone here at the ATS (Anonymity Texting Service) is an English Major.

Some people do change what they write based on whether or not the writer feels that what they initially wrote would not be understood by what the writer had in mind after the writer posts his thoughts…..

Then the writer realizes he should have wrote differently…but by then he’s passed the window to being able to edit his posting. And so he’ll write a second post in a modified parable way to hopefully get his point across.

It’s how “let me put it to you differently” or “in other words” sometimes comes about.

Anyway…..I’m sticking to for now …..that TFT and TFTR are one and the same.

Think about it this way…..I’ve seen people act and talk differently in their own homes then they would at their jobs. Literally, it’s like those people live with duel persona’s on a daily basis.

And to MM’s point about Honesty in posting…..that’s up to the conscience of the writer.

Sidebar observation…..I always chuckle to myself when people say verbally or write textually…. “To be honest with you” or “to be truthful with you” “IMHO” etc….

To me it implies, infers…..that at some point, or sometimes or maybe often ….they aren’t always honest with what they say. It’s like a preface disclaimer that this time ‘for sure’ their telling you the truth as opposed to sometimes lying.

Imo…to justify in someone’s mind that the have to outwardly express their intentions that they need to be honest with you ….is actually a detrimental character flaw to be known by others that otherwise wouldn’t have been known about you. For others to know this flaw about you…how can anyone trust everything you say from then on.

One should always strive to be honest without having to verbalize that that is what your going to do.

There have been times when friends of mine would start out expressing their thoughts with “To be honest with you” and then I look at them and would cut them short and catch them off guard…and say “why…have you been lying to me before” and the look on their face is one of bewilderment…..sometimes loosing the train of thought of what they were about to say…then we just laugh. They are used to me confronting them with that. And still they continue to use that preface. It’s funny.

👽
edit on 30-6-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Some people do change what they write based on whether or not the writer feels that what they initially wrote would not be understood by what the writer had in mind after the writer posts his thoughts…..
Would you write one day, that there was a UFO, it was a silver disk, then the next day, write that forget the color silver and forget the shape of disk, it wasn't either of those. The color was white, not silver, and the shape was tic-tac-shaped, not disk-shaped. Does that even sound like the same UFO? Does that kind of change fit the narrative you're spooling here?

Anyway…..I’m sticking to for now …..that TFT and TFTR are one and the same.
I didn't even get to TFTR yet, both those posts made a day apart with completely different descriptions of the UFO were made by TFT. So do you think TFT saying the UFO was a silver disk is the same TFT a day later saying it wasn't that, it was a white tic-tac? Even if you think the spelling and grammar differences are inconsequential, what about the UFO description? Does that even sound like the same UFO?

edit on 2023630 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Yep. Very interesting. While I am here. Dr Jack posted this.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 30-6-2023 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Does that even sound like the same UFO?

No…it doesn’t read (saucer vs. tic-tac) as the same description.

Does that kind of change fit the narrative you're spooling here?

Nothing to spool…..as I’m just expressing my opinion. If I’m wrong, thinking TFT and TFTR are one and the same….then so be it.

No need to belabor this further…..as we all have our own opinions.

👽

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
True, someone earlier mentioned this could have been a 2007 attempt to start slowly, which resulted later( with a big bang moment--a more sophisticated disclosure scheme) in 2017 through the NYT piece and TTSAA. That 2007 try didn’t catch on, so they waited until useful idiot galore showed up in 2017, and they could really get their operation rolling with a new “ disclosure” era we are supposed to be in now.

Indeed, in 2007 they tried to make TFT an obscure “ whistleblower” and see if his data would cause a viral moment, but it petered out.

That’s one scenario that makes a little sense.
TFT was so sloppy and made too many errors and contradictions that tells me that was deliberate, possibly.

Just like this new “ disclosure,” caper movement will end up with a lot of disappointed and disillusioned new believers.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I didn't mention it in the thread but TFTR never claimed to be in contact with any of the TTSA crowd. However that doesn't mean he was being honest with us.

Elizondo probably knew about the video from working with BAASS. Dough Kurth is the silent man in all of this. He was supposedly a witness to the tic-tac UFO, or at least the disturbane in the water below. When he left the Navy he went on to work for BAASS.

Here’s Doug Kurth’s LinkedIn profile, at the bottom…….under experience BAASS is mentioned…with him as a Program Manager.

Before that he was a Commanding Officer, Marine Fighter Attack Squadron USMC.

Which conceivably puts his squadron on deployment or training exercises on the Nimitz off the coast of San Diego.

And further conceivably, as the CO of his squadron….he would have had access to gun camera videos from his squadron’s jets that flew off and on to the Nimitz during the tic-tac event(s). At a minimum, he would have reviewed the gun cameras vids as a standard debrief to the training that was held overall.

MM..,he might have been the true source for the videos……which also means having those vids in his possession was breaking government law….imo.

In essence……IF Douglas is the videos source, then we are looking at Marine Corps Aviator, and not a Navy Aviator…hmmmm. People should note or remember that not only Navy Squadrons train on aircraft carriers….but Marine Corps Squadrons as well.

Suffice to say….we would need Doug’s squadron designation and try to match it to the Nimitz and it’s training log of Squadrons to see if the period of Doug’s squadron’s training was on board the Nimitz at the same time and dates of the Tic-Tac’s.

Just ‘X’ out of the pop up…you’ll be able to read it then…
Douglas Kurth

👽
edit on 30-6-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

There's no doubt Doug Kurth was directly involved in the incident, Ophi. He was some 10,000ft above Fravor and Dietrich.

If you read Fightersweep article from 2015 it describes exactly what he saw.

....At the same time FASTEAGLE flight was wrapping up its scheduled training, the CO of Marine Hornet squadron VMFA-232, Lieutenant Colonel “Cheeks” Kurth, was completing a post-maintenance check flight not too far away. He was the first fast-mover contacted by Princeton. The communication was strange and intriguing. He was asked to investigate an unidentified airborne contact....

As Cheeks approached the spot he was being vectored to, Princeton advised him to stay above 10K as the section of Super Hornets were approaching the target. His radar picked up the FASTEAGLE two-ship, but no other contacts. A moment later Princeton directed him to “skip it” and return to the ship. Since he was so close, he decided to fly over the action and sneak a peek.

The sea was calm, almost glassy smooth and it was late morning on a beautiful SoCal day. Perfect conditions. As Cheeks flew over the spot he saw a disturbance on the surface of the ocean. A round section of turbulent water about 50-100 meters in diameter. It was the only area and type of what he called, “whitewater” describing that it looked as if there was something below the surface like a shoal or what he’d heard a ship sinking rapidly would look like.

He overflew the disturbance and circled back in the direction of Nimitz without ever seeing what caused the water to froth....

He has also briefly commented to Chris Lambright a few years ago. See Keith Basterfield's blog.

... "I was called for an interview to be a Program manager at BAASS and accepted the job. Nobody in Bigelow companies or anyone associated with BAASS knew anything about the Supersonic Tic Tac event until I told them about it. I interviewed some of the witnesses and wrote a report about the event and submitted it. My report started the entire sequence of subsequent reports and investigation into the events."

"I am fairly sure in my hiring interview, Colm Kelleher, who did the interview, did not know about the event."

There's also an interesting 17 month gap in Kurth's career where he appears to have left the Marine Corps in July of 2006 and not become Program Manager at BAASS until Dec 2007.

The Feb 2007 video leaked on ATS is slap bang in the middle of this period.

Is that just a coincidence?

edit on 1/7/2023 by mirageman because: ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join