It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why Alex Jones is successful TLDR we hate facts and love feelings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Math has no objective reality, it's all in your head,

Are you aware of the Fibonacci sequence? It can be found in a great many things, from a snail shell, the proportions of the human body, to a spiral galaxy.
fractals can be found in nature too. Math isn’t just in the stuff we do, it’s everywhere in nature, DNA is a code or type of program and that’s also maths.

Ah yes, the Golden Rule, an aglorithm, 0+1=1, 1+2=3, 3+2=5, 5+3=8, and so on. Let's not forget nature's propensity for lateral symmetry. I'm fairly well versed in art and design to be aware of such things. Math is quite good at describing these natural ratios I must admit.

I am straying into philosophy, specifically Phenomenology. Are you aware of Phenomenology?
edit on 18-6-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Math has no objective reality, it's all in your head,

Are you aware of the Fibonacci sequence? It can be found in a great many things, from a snail shell, the proportions of the human body, to a spiral galaxy.
fractals can be found in nature too. Math isn’t just in the stuff we do, it’s everywhere in nature, DNA is a code or type of program and that’s also maths.

Ah yes, the Golden Rule, an aglorithm, 0+1=1, 1+2=3, 3+2=5, 5+3=8, and so on. Let's not forget nature's propensity for lateral symmetry. I'm fairly well versed in art and design to be aware of such things. Math is quite good at describing these natural ratios I must admit.

I am straying into philosophy, specifically Phenomenology. Are you aware of Phenomenology?

I beg to differ. From what I've lee learned in life, there are variables to everything....

If I were to ask what two and two is, you'd most likely p be wrong if you said four. While you read this, you might think I'm wrong, but when I said the answer is actually twenty two only then would you perceive the correctness that we both possess. The mind then tends to ignore the rest.

I hated Alex Jones before 911. Then I saw how often he right and listen to him nearly every day. Diamonds are found in the rough.
edit on 18-6-2023 by godservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2023 by godservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Math isn't truth, it's a mental construct, something imagined in the mind of human beings.

obviously what you said about math is correct. but I was making the point that physical reality has properties like quantity that we can call fairly objective. one thing and another thing together is two things. bc I was going for a larger point about what we prioritize I made the decision not to get sidetracked with explaining how math is ...well, even math nerds disagree on if we invented or discovered math.

a lot of other responses seem to be using language to illustrate the inadequacies of language by *trying* to deny an objective reality exists. to be clear I don't think our brains invented all this, but it sure as hell invented our experience of it and drawing a line between object and experience is ...kinda hard lol. And that is one of the true Truths we hate so instead of thinking about that we pretend the experience is objective and argue with people with different experiences that they didn't actually experience the object, bc what we actually want is to hate other people and "TRUTH" is a concept that makes it really easy to argue about things.

So while we hate truth in of itself, (bc it can never be known--outside specific circumstances) we love the idea of truth as a way of engaging our hate muscles

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wasn’t familiar with the topic of phenomenology, I’ve looked up a brief outline of the subject. Having thought more on it, I get the argument that math isn’t tangible, it’s not something not something we can grab hold of.
The point I’m trying to make is that it’s baked into things which are tangible and we can apply it understand and engineer tangible things. We can use it to deduce facts.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I can't show you 'nothing', but I can assure you, i have zero hippopotamus in my back yard.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join