It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few good tips for health and wellness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
1) Eat well but not too many calories
2) Don't eat after 8-9pm
3) Exercise regularly (mixture of cardio & weights)
4) Meditate
5) Have good relationships with others
6) Mental gymnastics
7) Control your feelings but if you're angry/sad or happy
just show it

I just think health and wellness depend on a number of factors and for a person to be healthy they have to be mentally-physically-emotionally healthy and be part of an environment which is healthy too. What do you think?

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: linda72

be part of an environment which is healthy too

Because of people; if school, work, even a relationship starts out good but develops into a toxic environment for your emotional health it can be really hard on your overall happiness. And it can be really hard to leave these situations sometimes. Does walking away make your life better or worse?

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: linda72
1) Eat well but not too many calories
2) Don't eat after 8-9pm
3) Exercise regularly (mixture of cardio & weights)
4) Meditate
5) Have good relationships with others
6) Mental gymnastics
7) Control your feelings but if you're angry/sad or happy
just show it

I just think health and wellness depend on a number of factors and for a person to be healthy they have to be mentally-physically-emotionally healthy and be part of an environment which is healthy too. What do you think?

Is it okay if I agree with every one of the points, and I really do except meditation, haven't tried that except in a very basic sense, but I agree and still struggle with every point you have listed from time to time.

It's frustrating generally Im moving in the right direction, it's like I was doing intermittent fasting and was getting good results felt better, and lost weight but now it's been a month since my last 48-hour round and I really need to do it every 2 weeks at minimum.

I get distracted and make excuses, like I was out of town for a week, it's never been easy for me to be regimented on the road.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

8) learn the art of not giving a #

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Everyone is different. These are literally logical steps that all people are aware of, but ignore some of depending on their circumstances. Which is our right.
Imagine living 100 years doing just these things...no thanks. Sounds like hell.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I regularly end up having supper around 8.

I work until 5, don't get home until a bit past 5:30, and I have TKD practice at 7:15. It is normal for me to arrive early for some advance practice time, and the last thing I want before an intense workout is a stomach full of food. So I have a snack - a banana or cheese stick. And I eat dinner after practice ends at 8 and I have had my shower.

And I IF, so I am still fasting atm. Had my bulletproof to start the day, and will have lunch at 12:30.

edit on 23-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

2) Don't eat after 8-9pm

I appreciate the spirit behind your thread. Constructive criticism however: this myth had been dispelled.^^

Studies consistently show that nighttime eating does not actually cause weight gain if you stay within your body's daily caloric needs.

www.fitday.com...

I personally sleep much better on a full stomach and eat less the following morning.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I never believed in Yoga by was told to try it. I had not gone in 3 weeks and did last week. I have a PT who was professionally trained and the work is hard. The next day I was sore all over and my body was ripped. Even my butt cheek muscle hurt.

50 minutes of raw stretch and 10 of meditation.

She knows what she's doing.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

8) learn the art of not giving a #

You know what is the funniest part about mastering that?
Learning not to give a F*** bothers people more than anything else!

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yoga is deceptive. It may not work the cardio side as much, but you will work on strength and flexibility if you're doing it right.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but you will work on strength and flexibility if you're doing it right.

They had me do that along with cycling as I am tighter than the Tin Man. It has loosened me up and spared me the sciatic nerve issues. I was training for Senior Games but couldn't get my weight down so another year spent but I am in very good shape
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I forgot to add in balance. Our instructor will occasionally incorporate some basic yoga into a practice if his aim is to work flexibility after a week of harder workouts or the last practice before a tournament.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It's ok but you cannot be indifferent for a range of things.
That's life and you need to know how to deal with certain issues.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Usually people tend to eat more if they haven't had food during the day.

Plus +++ it's wise to go to bed with an almost empty stomach and sleep well.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I agree with you on the part about the toxic environment and the impact it can have on your health.

Sometimes walking away from a toxic relationship is the best solution but many are suck in these kind of relationships for various reasons.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Life carries one certainty and one only which is death

you cannot be indifferent for a range of things.

Hold my beer
edit on 24-5-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

My trainer is female and she understands that I had a major stroke in 2009 and I continue to have balance issues. Stroke ~ Sports Concussions.

YOGA has allowed me to put my pants on while standing up. For me that's a big deal.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yoga is good for all three: strength, balance, flexibility.

It will get you there with the right instructor. Sounds like yours knows her business.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

She works with Jamie Scott Fitness. She and Jamie were trained by a certified YOGA instructor near Charlotte, North Carolina. Said instructor was from India. Most there have worked with professional athletes. One Instructor I had who went back into teaching. She was once a Trainer for the Dallas Cowboys. The Nutritionist I saw did several NFL Combines.

Its incredible as to what it does to the body. Overnight

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join