It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Research Agency -Russian Troll Factory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The scale of the information war is much bigger than one conflict zone going on, it involves the whole world. National governments will have the biggest effect on local residents with language and culture. From there, a big clash of ideas and perspectives on all fronts.

Money is a big driver in just how much resources go into some of these troll mills, eg, brought to you by Pfizer...

Have not gotten too much into Ukraine, tough making sense of a war zone. Seen some of it, still going on.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllAnIllusion

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

Yes, but from your own source:

"Russia remains at the center of the discussion over the use of trolls and the dissemination of fake news. One of the main players cited by the report is theInternet Research Agency, a "troll farm" with links to Russian President Vladimir Putin. The report states that the Kremlin has long used such tactics to influence domestic politics by smearing opposition figures and faking grassroots support of the government".

So, there is that.

From your own source.

Yes, you're close but the grammar is off slightly ... It should read as:

Russia remains at the center of the discussion over the use of; trolls and the dissemination of fake news.

And it is you who is perpetrating this discussion by the ridiculous speculation.

"Oh Look! The British are back ... I mean here." To help back up the pro America agenda just like with erm, Iraq, no, Afghanistan, No erm, Lybia, No Syria ... Erm I mean Russia Russia Russia!!!

Give us a f#-ing break ...

This message brought to you by an 'Also Brit!' but this one thinks Tony Blair should be tried for the war criminal he is!

Thanks . The topic is a specific Russian troll factory.

By the way, don't make wrong assumptions.

I happen to agree that Blair ought to be tried and have often said so.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981
What's the difference between a paid shill and a paid troll?

...campaign is designed to manipulate international public opinion of Russia’s illegitimate war in Ukraine, trying to grow support for their abhorrent war...

Taking a leaf out of the UK's book then. Pushing the idea of WMDs to garner public support for our illegitimate war in Iraq.

I don't disagree with that but my topic is a specific one.
edit on 19-5-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

... Thanks . The topic is a specific Russian troll factory. ...

But it isn't really, it's the UK's specific warning about the group that you have presented in the OP.

Are we really supposed to take "The Cheese Lady" seriously:

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said:

We cannot allow the Kremlin and its shady troll farms to invade our online spaces with their lies about Putin’s illegal war. The UK Government has alerted international partners and will continue to work closely with allies and media platforms to undermine Russian information operations.

I note that at the same time she's also parroting the current US take on China:

Truss urges Sunak to class China as 'threat' to UK security
bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65617948

By echoing this nonsense you are doing yourself and others a disservice. It's full of garbage such as "The evidence shows" without any actual supporting evidence and "has suspected links to" ... All just worthless throwaway phrases designed to rattle the sheep.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AllAnIllusion

All that does not rubbish the topic.

You can call it nonsense and garbage if you want but it adds little to any polite discussion.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Not much.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas

a reply to: Cwantas

Well, provide some.

I have?

The BBC.

My source in my OP is not the BBC.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Your source
UK-funded expert research

Yes. So what?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

"Not much" what?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

edit on 19-5-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well I'm sorry if you think I'm being impolite but I just don't see any substance in the original piece.

My takeaway is that it is in itself just propaganda placed in officialdom as a ready reference for MSM to support the legitimisation of constraints on individual liberties and the sheep will baa right the way into the slaughterhouse.

If it had any substantiation I may give it kinder consideration.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Fair enough.

How's this for some substance?

spyscape.com...

Prighozin seems to have proudly admitted to creating the IRA.
edit on 19-5-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Fair enough.

How's this for some substance?

spyscape.com...

Prighozin seems to have proudly admitted to creating the IRA.

Still just a bunch of gripes about the outsourcing of another countries (anti-) marketing department with vague implications and no evidence ... They did it because we say they did it isn't substance.

I also note that Elon Musk showed that even the old Twitter operators couldn't find much support for these claims and the article touching on Arrests and prosecutions is over dramatic and then some ... Guilty of being mean on the interwebs!

This Prighozin guy seems to be a proper busy little bee who does all this at the same time as running the private military and operating restaurants and catering businesses ...

Dasvidaniya Komrade it's time for my Wodka

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, he proudly admitted creating the IRA but that was a while ago.

Yes, he is a busy little bee.

So are the Russian trolls, apparently.

They are at it and it's blatantly obvious.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:59 AM
link   
We use our army in the UK ukdefencejournal.org.uk...

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Missterious

Pretty sure that those guys won't be posting stupid lies and Bitchute bs videos constantly?

But this thread is not about wataboutisms.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is nothing new, the real problem is pushing this constant russia russia russia narrative as if no other countries do this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join