It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Israel recognize the Armenian Genocide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I found this news article from 2022 that discusses Israel's attitudes towards potential recognition of the Armenian Genocide:
www.jpost.com...

What perplexes me is the fact that even though the state of Israel was founded a few years after the end of the Holocaust and more than 1,200 years after the Romans laid the foundations for the Jewish diaspora by conquering Jerusalem and destroying the Temple of Herod in 70 CE, and the Jews were subject to genocide like the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire (the first modern Armenian republic was founded in 1918 three years after the Armenian Genocide), Israel has historically sold unmanned air vehicles to the armed forces of Azerbaijan, which has fought wars with Armenia over Artsakh (aka Nagorno Karabakh) and whose government shares the position of the Turkish government that the Armenian Genocide never happened, and doesn't loudly chastise the Azeris and Turks for their habit of Armenian Genocide denial. If a future Israeli Prime Minister appoints an ethnic Armenian from Jerusalem as his top diplomat, will Israel finally announce formal recognition of the Armenian Genocide, especially bearing the mind the fact that the Young Turk Party's Committee for Union and Progress that perpetrated the Armenian Genocide was highly nationalist like the Nazi Party (although European Jews were part of a global diaspora in sharp contrast to the Ottoman Armenians having lived in their ancestral homeland in eastern Anatolia for thousands of years).

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Obersalzberg Speech is a speech given by Adolf Hitler to Wehrmacht commanders at his Obersalzberg home on 22 August 1939, a week before the German invasion of Poland.

During that speech, he made this comment.
“Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?”

He thought that since the world didn't care about the Armenians, surely, they wouldn't care about the Jews.

My family is Armenian and left Turkey in 1913, due to prophecy that stated a genocide would take place.

Our family member ruled in the Ottoman empire in the late 1800s. He broke the law and allowed Jews to purchase land in Israel. There was an uprising of Turkish Muslims because of that, but the Sultan, (Hamid the second) who was also best friends with my Great grandmother's uncle threatened to step down. The people didn't want that so they shut up. The young Turks made a mess of things when they came to power.

Our pastor's wife was in Turkey recently. You are not allowed to discuss the Armenian holocaust. They will put you in jail if you do.

new topics

join