It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This looks like a driver can intentionally hit a cyclist and not be charged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I saw this cyclist intentionally be hit by s motorist.

Clearly the driver went out of their way to cause injury to the cyclist the car driver slowed down to let the cyclist get ahead of them, then floored the accelerator, mounted the kerb to tear end the cyclist.

Ain’t no accident.

The footage is in this story;
amp.abc.net.au...

The driver has since been released with custody with no charge!!! What the funk.

7news.com.au...< br />
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 18-4-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   
As a full time cyclist, I am lost for words. I feel like cutting her legs off.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

She needs more than her legs cut off

I really feel for the cyclist, glad he was not seriously injured or killed.

Cycling everyday myself too and from work, I get crap from motorists, that fly up behind me at high speed, yell at me get off the road blah blah.

Once I had a guy swerve into me, luckily I saw him, and got up a driveway away from him.

He then threatened to bash my head in. I said mate you were too close.

Some drivers aren’t educated that pedestrians also use the road, they think I pay road tax rego. The roads all mine.

Pretty mental outlook.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Wow! people who do things like this , Should have to endure the same thing . An eye for an eye …. Put her the driver on the street on a bike and run her over too . Let her suffer the same consequence. …

On a slightly different topic , I’ve said this before and I’m going to say it again , We still don’t know the long term mental affects of the Covid shot . Spike proteins getting into your brain , etc …. Anger and intentionally attacking someone could be a long term side affect . Maybe the woman driver has had all bazillion shots and booster per Australia law , and this is a side affect . (by no means an excuse or reason to allow her to get away with it ) …. I would not be surprised if the Covid shot contributed to the drivers actions . And we start seeing more violent , intentional , actions like this .

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

"A woman" whose criminal intent was vehicular homicide of a hooWhite supreme pizza man on a bicycle, was released without incident. Unnamed. No photo. Probably got a new wide truck for her next op, a dozen cyclists, fifty runners, and a shopping mall during a special children's weekend.

God, let me be wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Some drivers aren’t educated that pedestrians also use the road, they think I pay road tax rego. The roads all mine.

Pretty mental outlook.

Ummm... I guess that depends on where you are.

I'm absolutely not condoning what the driver of the car did, and they should be in jail for it, but...

Anyone riding a bike on a road that doesn't have a bicycle lane must take full responsibility for their own safety - for example, they should be riding against traffic, and the biker should absolutely yield the right of way to motor traffic. I get really annoyed at arrogant pricks on bikes that think they own the roads too.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
That was ether intentional or they were messing with their cell phone. Ether way, they should no longer be driving and have some nice tickets and possibly charges to go along with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: robsmith

Pretty mental outlook.

Ummm... I guess that depends on where you are.

I'm absolutely not condoning what the driver of the car did, and they should be in jail for it, but...

Anyone riding a bike on a road that doesn't have a bicycle lane must take full responsibility for their own safety - for example, they should be riding against traffic, and the biker should absolutely yield the right of way to motor traffic. I get really annoyed at arrogant pricks on bikes that think they own the roads too.

Here in Michigan cyclists, people on horse back or horse and buggy or on foot are all pedestrians and have the right of way in all situations and as tax paying citizens they have the right to freely travel the roads that they too own.

This attitude that you have posted is the problem in my eyes. Amish buggies get hit by automobiles all the time around here and the attitude about them is as bad or worse then for cyclists or motorcycle riders for that matter.
edit on 18-4-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: tanstaafl
Here in Michigan cyclists, people on horse back or horse and buggy or on foot are all pedestrians and have the right of way in all situations and as tax paying citizens they have the right to freely travel the roads that they too own.

This attitude that you have posted is the problem in my eyes. Amish buggies get hit by automobiles all the time around here and the attitude about them is as bad or worse then cyclists or motorcycle riders for that matter.

I knew someone would come along and fail the test.

First, there is a huge difference between country roads - especially in areas where people like the Amish live - and city streets.

I didn't say they didn't have the right to use the roads, I said they need to use their noggin if they don't wanna get run'd over - and like all of us, they need to take full responsibility for their own safety and actions.

Also, bikers are required to follow the same laws as drivers of vehicles - which includes the minimum speed laws, so if you're biking on a highway, and the minimum speed is 40mph, you need to be doing at least 40mph.

There is nothing worse than an arrogant bicyclist on a busy street slowing traffic to a crawl.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I've seen a lot of stupid people on bicycles and I agree, that isn't what ticked me off about your post. They own the road here as much as anyone does and here in the States we have the right to travel freely, esp. in our own communities. You probably think is OK to run them down like Augustus Masonicus (while drunk to boot see his post following this one), that's how that post reads to me.
edit on 18-4-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I missed it.

PM me.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

They own the road as much as you do

No. They don't, and anyone believing that is simply dangerously naive. In many/some cases, yes they have a right to use the road, but they cannot just impede traffic at will - they must be respectful of the fact that there are massive hunks of metal using those same roads that can squash them like a bug, and they (cyclists) are much harder to see than other cars, and move much slower and therefore pose a road hazard.

and here in the States we have the right to travel freely on all roads, esp. in our own communities. You probably think is OK to run them down

So you missed the part where I said the driver should be in jail?

Sorry, but no, you're just wrong. This isn't 1920.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

None of this is going to matter when they regulate the crap out of you to force you out of cars and out of private home ownership.

Cyclists can be irritating but they're the least of our problems right now.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I think you will find the driver WILL be charged - the police just want more time to collect more evidence and to build their case first. The dashcam shown in the media might look like it shows the driver hitting the cyclist, but it is distant, slightly blurry and probably not enough for the police to make an air-tight case. Stay tuned, I guarantee charges are coming.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yeah, sorry, you did clarify some of that and A-M tweaked me up a bit, but as citizens of this state, they do own the roads as much as you or any other citizen, but then again perhaps you don't think they have the same rights as other citizens? But by that kind of logic I shouldn't go canoeing or pilot a small engine airplane because there are bigger and faster boats and planes that have more rights to travel than I would.

edit on 18-4-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join