It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protection over me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, Sovereign Lord, have spoken, and with your blessing the house of your servant will be blessed forever.

This is something I like to put anywhere it is I might hang my hat.
So I'm just going to hang this here for now.

Consider this my personal philosophy and metaphysics about anywhere I take up residence.

Sam 729
edit on 22-3-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Very nice, thank you!

I use "Thank you (Name Inserted) for another day, that I may help someone along the way, to give praise and glory to your (Name Inserted). (Its ok, God is God, whatever for you).

Hey God Bless. Gonna use yours if you dont mind!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Very nice, thank you!

I use "Thank you (Name Inserted) for another day, that I may help someone along the way, to give praise and glory to your (Name Inserted). (Its ok, God is God, whatever for you).

Hey God Bless. Gonna use yours if you dont mind!!!

You go right ahead, my friend. 👍
That was a beautiful blessing from you, and I appreciate that immensely

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   

yes, thank you!
I always tell those pretentious guest that they can feel at home, but not behave like it...

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Good scriptural quote right there...

One I have stencilled on my bedroom wall, which is one of the first things my eyes see in the morning, is the following:

Be strong & courageous.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1: 9

It's a sad fact that not many people truly believe that God can protect them in supernaturally powerful ways.

The incident that proved to me that God indeed does want to protect His children in wondrous manner is the following:

I was in hospital due to a nervous breakdown following the onset of a painful disability which has no cure. I was a short stay patient, in the end it was just about getting my mind ordered around the prospect of never being healed of the illness by any material science of the current times. On one occasion whilst staying there I was speaking with a pleasant but extremely anxious man, whose nerves were shattered by whatever circumstances of life had led him there, we were discussing the so-called 'Bible Code' which was still something people spoke about quite a bit back then.

Suddenly, an obnoxious, intoxicated, intimidating guy starting pestering this guy I was speaking with, causing him to become very frightened, even cowering/shaking in fear. So I intervened & told the other guy to back off. He was suddenly very keen to turn his aggressive behaviour towards me. Bear in mind that I'm physically disabled, no longer physically strong because I was unable to exercise due to the disability, I walk with a cane, and therefore have no chance in a fight against a man who was 6' 3" to my 5' 11", with a lot of bulk muscle weight on his frame, full of alcoholic aggression in that moment (hence he wouldn't have felt any pain anyway).

I started backing away from him down the corridor, hoping he would calm down before actually reaching me - but he didn't, he was balling his fists & breathing heavily, psyching himself up to issue a beating as he stomped towards me. There was clear demonic manifestation in his behaviour, but even if there were not, I would have been in dire trouble.

I reached the end of the corridor, all doors were locked, there was literally nowhere to go, and no way to get past him in the other direction. I found myself profoundly angered by the injustice of the situation - there was nothing I had done to warrant what could potentially be the end of my life at the hands of this drunken savage (he was heavily intoxicated, having broken the terms of his day release). As he reached me I had a sudden intuition to call directly on God for protection. As a long-time Christian since my early adulthood, I had total faith in the authority of Jesus. I spun around on the spot so I was facing away from the attacker, I slammed my walking stick on the floor (retrospectively saw it as being in the manner of Gandalf..!!) as I shouted "In the name of God!" loudly.

What happened next was interesting, to say the least; awe-inspiring suits the occasion better. I had total faith in God, but didn't know if He would choose to protect me directly, or if some other outcome would result. As I waited for the first punch to hit the back of my head, nothing happened. Apparently, from the testimony of several eye witnesses including a member of staff, after I had spun around & shouted out, he seemed to hit a force-field barrier, invisible but entirely impenetrable. He was leaning over me for about ten seconds, breathing in a raging manner, fists balled up white knuckles tight & shoulders heaving - but he could not physically move to touch me, I was entirely protected. A few seconds later a very brave girl jumped on his back & grabbed his neck to get him away from me, reasoning (correctly, as it fortunately turned out) that he would not stoop so low as to violently attack a petite female. As she held on he staggered back a few paces due to being caught off-balance, and a female staff member rushed past them both & unlocked a door so I could escape to the safety of a room that could be locked from the inside. I then heard one of the male staff members arrive, and unfortunately the aggressor began to attack him instead of me - he was just looking for a target in the end. Fortunately, the male staff member just about held his own until an additional four male staff members arrived to restrain the aggressor. The police were called, and as I understand it he was charged with some assault charge for attacking the male staff member, eventually assigned to a high security psychiatric facility to await trial/ruling about further detention.

I was extremely grateful for the support of the staff, and the girl who intervened (who had proved a good friend anyway while I was there). I later found that the staff & patients were super-nice to me; the whole thing was caught on HD video so it seems likely that it did the rounds with various psychiatrists & possibly the authorities as well (assuming it wasn't classified as secret for proving the existence of magical forces..)

This incident, proved entirely the work of God to supernaturally protect me in a manner that no simple human intervention could possibly have helped to do under the immediate & life-threatening circumstances. This incident taught me that I can rely entirely on the protection of God if I walk by faith & trust Him absolutely.

In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].

Ephesians 1: 13, AMP

The incident also took me back in reflection to a time almost a decade earlier, when I was being prayed over by a couple of Christian brothers. During the prayer time I had a powerful vision when my eyes were closed, as though I could see perfectly normally - there was an angel around 8 feet tall standing before me, who gestured with one hand towards me - a spiral vortex of multi-coloured energy swirling came directly towards my forehead & caused me to be 'slain in the Spirit' when it impacted me (slain in the Spirit is being spiritually 'knocked out', by the power of God - it's a good thing when it's genuine, unfortunately some people fake it). After that immediate moment, one of the brothers received a 'word of knowledge' (a spiritual gift mechanism for the prescient conveyance of specific truths) before I said anything, saying that; "He's just received the seal". I later became aware that the seal refers to protection & favour from God, a 'seal of approval' of sorts.

So there you go, a bit of testimony about the power of protection which God is able & willing to provide under certain circumstances, according to His divine will/ providence.

FITO.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I know how things get when one does not overstand Divine wisdom in bad things.
I add you to my prayers. God is with you.

All of you ATS peeps, really.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Good scriptural quote right there...

One I have stencilled on my bedroom wall, which is one of the first things my eyes see in the morning, is the following:

Be strong & courageous.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1: 9

It's a sad fact that not many people truly believe that God can protect them in supernaturally powerful ways.

The incident that proved to me that God indeed does want to protect His children in wondrous manner is the following:

I was in hospital due to a nervous breakdown following the onset of a painful disability which has no cure. I was a short stay patient, in the end it was just about getting my mind ordered around the prospect of never being healed of the illness by any material science of the current times. On one occasion whilst staying there I was speaking with a pleasant but extremely anxious man, whose nerves were shattered by whatever circumstances of life had led him there, we were discussing the so-called 'Bible Code' which was still something people spoke about quite a bit back then.

Suddenly, an obnoxious, intoxicated, intimidating guy starting pestering this guy I was speaking with, causing him to become very frightened, even cowering/shaking in fear. So I intervened & told the other guy to back off. He was suddenly very keen to turn his aggressive behaviour towards me. Bear in mind that I'm physically disabled, no longer physically strong because I was unable to exercise due to the disability, I walk with a cane, and therefore have no chance in a fight against a man who was 6' 3" to my 5' 11", with a lot of bulk muscle weight on his frame, full of alcoholic aggression in that moment (hence he wouldn't have felt any pain anyway).

I started backing away from him down the corridor, hoping he would calm down before actually reaching me - but he didn't, he was balling his fists & breathing heavily, psyching himself up to issue a beating as he stomped towards me. There was clear demonic manifestation in his behaviour, but even if there were not, I would have been in dire trouble.

I reached the end of the corridor, all doors were locked, there was literally nowhere to go, and no way to get past him in the other direction. I found myself profoundly angered by the injustice of the situation - there was nothing I had done to warrant what could potentially be the end of my life at the hands of this drunken savage (he was heavily intoxicated, having broken the terms of his day release). As he reached me I had a sudden intuition to call directly on God for protection. As a long-time Christian since my early adulthood, I had total faith in the authority of Jesus. I spun around on the spot so I was facing away from the attacker, I slammed my walking stick on the floor (retrospectively saw it as being in the manner of Gandalf..!!) as I shouted "In the name of God!" loudly.

What happened next was interesting, to say the least; awe-inspiring suits the occasion better. I had total faith in God, but didn't know if He would choose to protect me directly, or if some other outcome would result. As I waited for the first punch to hit the back of my head, nothing happened. Apparently, from the testimony of several eye witnesses including a member of staff, after I had spun around & shouted out, he seemed to hit a force-field barrier, invisible but entirely impenetrable. He was leaning over me for about ten seconds, breathing in a raging manner, fists balled up white knuckles tight & shoulders heaving - but he could not physically move to touch me, I was entirely protected. A few seconds later a very brave girl jumped on his back & grabbed his neck to get him away from me, reasoning (correctly, as it fortunately turned out) that he would not stoop so low as to violently attack a petite female. As she held on he staggered back a few paces due to being caught off-balance, and a female staff member rushed past them both & unlocked a door so I could escape to the safety of a room that could be locked from the inside. I then heard one of the male staff members arrive, and unfortunately the aggressor began to attack him instead of me - he was just looking for a target in the end. Fortunately, the male staff member just about held his own until an additional four male staff members arrived to restrain the aggressor. The police were called, and as I understand it he was charged with some assault charge for attacking the male staff member, eventually assigned to a high security psychiatric facility to await trial/ruling about further detention.

I was extremely grateful for the support of the staff, and the girl who intervened (who had proved a good friend anyway while I was there). I later found that the staff & patients were super-nice to me; the whole thing was caught on HD video so it seems likely that it did the rounds with various psychiatrists & possibly the authorities as well (assuming it wasn't classified as secret for proving the existence of magical forces..)

This incident, proved entirely the work of God to supernaturally protect me in a manner that no simple human intervention could possibly have helped to do under the immediate & life-threatening circumstances. This incident taught me that I can rely entirely on the protection of God if I walk by faith & trust Him absolutely.

In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].

Ephesians 1: 13, AMP

The incident also took me back in reflection to a time almost a decade earlier, when I was being prayed over by a couple of Christian brothers. During the prayer time I had a powerful vision when my eyes were closed, as though I could see perfectly normally - there was an angel around 8 feet tall standing before me, who gestured with one hand towards me - a spiral vortex of multi-coloured energy swirling came directly towards my forehead & caused me to be 'slain in the Spirit' when it impacted me (slain in the Spirit is being spiritually 'knocked out', by the power of God - it's a good thing when it's genuine, unfortunately some people fake it). After that immediate moment, one of the brothers received a 'word of knowledge' (a spiritual gift mechanism for the prescient conveyance of specific truths) before I said anything, saying that; "He's just received the seal". I later became aware that the seal refers to protection & favour from God, a 'seal of approval' of sorts.

So there you go, a bit of testimony about the power of protection which God is able & willing to provide under certain circumstances, according to His divine will/ providence.

FITO.

That was awesome to wake up to this am first thing! preesh-e-8 that on for sure.

I see two angels. standing shoulder to shoulder, arms folded, stone faced not even lookin at this dude. A wall of protection in front of you. They never even had to budge.

One of the coolest stories Ive ever heard. And yeah, I do believe that 100%.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

I know how things get when one does not overstand Divine wisdom in bad things.
I add you to my prayers. God is with you.

All of you ATS peeps, really.

Thank you. I am humbled here. I Recieve that blessing...

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Hare Krishna!

But it's always "get out" or "stfu I'm trying to sleep" sometimes people can be found barking up the wrong tree.

I love ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind words, and indeed I agree, angels are sent on assignments such as these all the time, it's just not always apparent that they were directly involved in such a clear manner.

The absolute protection afforded in this incident gave me a newfound perspective on just how serious the Lord is about protecting His people as & when the circumstances call for it. Naturally, protection is not guaranteed, because the divine plan may involve - at the extreme end - bringing that person to a homecoming in Heaven, but I believe that God provides supernatural protection in all sorts of ways to all sorts of people, all the time. The only variable is whether they are aware of that protection or not.

This is why we should always walk with a spirit of thanksgiving in our hearts, because we never quite know just what miracles God has delivered recently. Cultivating the practice of gratitude is a VERY beneficial path to take on your spiritual journey. My prayer for myself is that I become ever more conscious of God's guiding & protecting Hand, able to be a witness to others demonstrating His eternal goodness & grace.

Blessings,

FITO.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Thnx...and I add "Thank you for my health, my family, and whatever wealth".

Always walk...try...to Walk in the Light....than roam thru the Dark.

Best

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Terpene

Hare Krishna!

But it's always "get out" or "stfu I'm trying to sleep" sometimes people can be found barking up the wrong tree.

I love ATS.

S&F on that one!

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Thanks for your kind words, and indeed I agree, angels are sent on assignments such as these all the time, it's just not always apparent that they were directly involved in such a clear manner.

The absolute protection afforded in this incident gave me a newfound perspective on just how serious the Lord is about protecting His people as & when the circumstances call for it. Naturally, protection is not guaranteed, because the divine plan may involve - at the extreme end - bringing that person to a homecoming in Heaven, but I believe that God provides supernatural protection in all sorts of ways to all sorts of people, all the time. The only variable is whether they are aware of that protection or not.

This is why we should always walk with a spirit of thanksgiving in our hearts, because we never quite know just what miracles God has delivered recently. Cultivating the practice of gratitude is a VERY beneficial path to take on your spiritual journey. My prayer for myself is that I become ever more conscious of God's guiding & protecting Hand, able to be a witness to others demonstrating His eternal goodness & grace.

Blessings,

FITO.

Im going to answer this as honest as honesty is, but its gonna sound unusual to somel.

I speak with God and God speaks with me...
What youve stated there is absolutely true.

Remember Elisha and the army of angels? His scribe was with him his eyes were going. He tells the scribe to check and look at the enemy. theres thousands of soldiers,and the scribe is scared. Elisha tells him to look again at the mountains. The scribe looks out at the mountains that he just checked and only saw mountains, but he looks again at Elshas instrunction. He looks up and sees a SEA OF MILLIONS OF ANGELS! all standing and waiting for orders.
2 Kings 6:17-20

God Is With Us. Amen
edit on 23-3-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Thnx...and I add "Thank you for my health, my family, and whatever wealth".

Always walk...try...to Walk in the Light....than roam thru the Dark.

Best

and to you. cheers!

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Wasn't meaning to be an ass as I'm 100% sure Terpene wasn't meaning to be an ass either.

I'll bow to a soul any day you just need to show it, we all have houses we mean to make homes and I fully believe you're at home when you sing. Hare Krishna!

It's simple really, the soul expresses itself in places of comfort. I just threw in a Hare Krishna for good measure.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Wasn't meaning to be an ass as I'm 100% sure Terpene wasn't meaning to be an ass either.

I'll bow to a soul any day you just need to show it, we all have houses we mean to make homes and I fully believe you're at home when you sing. Hare Krishna!

It's simple really, the soul expresses itself in places of comfort. I just threw in a Hare Krishna for good measure.

No worries, mate. It's been a minute on this post, so I don't even remember what this was about, but I remember us leaving this on a good note. Lol

No worries. Love is universal and speaks every language and praise is love that is shown outwardly. Praise on!!

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1: 9

this one which is very similar, has been with me for many years. and i know it's true because i've walked away from many things i shouldn't have. doesn't mean i don't feel fear, i do but when it passes this comes to mind.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

One of my absolute favorites!! Bruh, you know how many times I've danced and sung my butt off to this?

A bunch

edit on AM-0500x6179 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1: 9

this one which is very similar, has been with me for many years. and i know it's true because i've walked away from many things i shouldn't have. doesn't mean i don't feel fear, i do but when it passes this comes to mind.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Those are two really powerful ones, and I could hear His Voice as I was reading them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join