It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship Industrial Complex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Back in the before times in the long ago we used to have a saying about sticks and stones.

I’d cite the rest but don’t want to get arrested.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

We all know how censorship has taken the media, Democrats are big on this agenda, especially when they have the DOJ, FBI weaponized and in control, they have infected the media sources and try to coerce them into compliance, sadly the news medias are more than happy to align with the agenda, and we see now how deprived we all are of real honest news.

the Censorship-Industrial Complex looks like this,

What bothers me the most is why Republicans have allowed all this to happen and to the extend is now.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Money talks, and so does power.

My theory is that there are plenty of Republicans who are fine with playing the role of controlled opposition like the WWF wrestling villains. In the end, they get their wealth and power too.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It was definitely something watching the Dragon-lady of Florida pouncing on Shellenberg and Taibbe as if they were dinner. Equally amusing to see Jordan do the smackdown on Democrats during the hearing. It’s a long video though. m.youtube.com...
edit on 13-3-2023 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Read a pivotal book: The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power 2019 non-fiction by Harvard Professor Emeritus Shoshana Zuboff who oulines how development of digital companies like Google and Amazon suggesting their business models represent a new form of capitalist accumulation. She is credited with coining phrase Surveillance Capitalism. Discusses how launchings of many large techie platforms had philanthropic roots.

Also read The Watchers: The Rise of America's Surveillance State. Journalist Shane Harris traces roots of TIA Total Information Awareness act powers that could not get approved late last century because it was too invasive of privacy but was slipped into law via another incarnation with Patriot Act passage that got rammed down our throats after 9/11. A bill thousands of pages long few read or understood and at a time when Congress wary of opening letters due to Anthrax scare; email was not so universally used by the masses yet. People were frightened and so was Congress.

Do something do anything even if it subsumes the Democratic Republic we fought to build for a couple centuries and was downright the WRONG thing to do.

Next a Chinese model social credit score. In some countries spying via 5G and LED streetlights with chargers on top for drone overlords to keep tabs on unruly humans jay walking or worse. Millions before Covid were unable to use trains/planes or get credit cards due to low social scores . Es verdad. ketsuko

edit on America/ChicagoamMon, 13 Mar 2023 04:27:54 -050031045404273America/Chicago by EarthShine because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoamMon, 13 Mar 2023 04:38:16 -050031041604383America/Chicago by EarthShine because: add sentences

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Well said, ket.

They are also working on the "means" of manipulation via CBDC and Digi ID.

We have the power, if we decide we have the power.

That scares the beejeepers out of them.

Got the power till your brain gets hacked..

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The larger they are with the more ability to take and hold power, the more they are going to attract the wrong sort of people.

Yes mate would say the majority of the large ones are psychopathic in nature and thought there were some really relevant Venn diagrams here mapping the 'revolving door' between corporations and government employees.

Suppose there's also corporate 'lobbting' to take into account which is just a fancy word for political 'bribery'.

originally posted by: EarthShine

Read a pivotal book: The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power 2019 non-fiction by Harvard Professor Emeritus Shoshana Zuboff..

Haven't read the book yet but there's a good presentation here.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I am highly disappointed with your post, I was under the impression this would be someone from UK or at least some kind of European... oh well no-joy.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

How revealing was that... amazing!

These two guys are Democrats who voted for Biden and look how the authoritarian Left is only concerned with going after their sources... to hell with free speech.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

I am highly disappointed with your post, I was under the impression this would be someone from UK or at least some kind of European... oh well no-joy.

I thought it was a great opening post.

Considering the global nature of the subject matter WTF does nationality have to do with it?

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That probably checks out.

The Western woke world is awaiting the liberal Constantine to reverse the decision that banned sacrifice and public baths. Though there's a Supreme Court set up to at least delay it a few decades in The USA.

Plus the government sponsored "Strength through unity, Unity through Safe Space" shtick isn't crazy to call out anymore. It's getting too close to V for Vendetta with transgender ice dancers so there is a mass of discontent itching to load up the exposition line with explosives and blow up The Museum of Tolerance.

I'm not so convinced people are exactly powerless to this anymore. See how the next few years play out, but this social programming tug of war is far from settled.
edit on 16-3-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: iamthevirus

I thought it was a great opening post.

Considering the global nature of the subject matter WTF does nationality have to do with it?

This is just a joke to ketsuko... but I would not mind hearing a Briton talk this way, it would help or reinforce the idea that Americans aren't just being inclusive of the freeloaders in AUKUS.

/Americans are kind of fed up with stringing along a band ultra-liberals who fundamentally clash with our way of life just because they need protection... they give nothing but a hard time and are antithetic to our principles.

edit on 16-3-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Fair enough mate didn't realise you were joking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join