It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Moves in US Colleges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
some US colleges are experiencing moves of the Holy Spirit

Asbury College, Wilmore KY
www.wkyt.com...

A days-long chapel service at Asbury University in Wilmore is still ongoing.

It began on Wednesday, Feb. 8, and, on Monday, Feb. 13, it was still going. Prayers, praise, worship music and testimonies - all of it, people say, a movement they themselves could not have started.

The service is being described as a revival, “a movement that only God could orchestrate and keep going.”

What began with students has blossomed and grown to include people from all over the country. People from as far away as Oregon have heard about this and are showing up to sing, raise their hands in praise or kneel down to pray.

Lee University, Cleveland TN
www1.cbn.com... ng

On Monday, Fultz wrote the revival had reached the Lee campus, writing: "A mighty move of God started this morning at Lee and it has been building throughout the day. We are approaching the 10th hour, nothing but voices in prayer, worship, and repentance."

He also included a video taken of the worship in the campus's Stone Chapel. Students were coming to the chapel, crying out to God, praying, and repenting.

Cedarville University, Ohio

Cedarville University President Dr. Thomas White was on the ground at Asbury over the weekend, and said students at his campus in Ohio were lingering to worship after this week's daily 10 a.m. chapel services.

"Chapel @Cedarville yesterday (Tuesday) kept going until after 1 p.m. We gathered again last night at 8 p.m. for prayer and praise, which lasted another two hours with students still gathering in smaller groups when I left at 11," White said in a Tuesday morning Facebook post. "I love our students and their passion for Jesus! God may be stirring hearts across the country. Pray! Pray for wisdom on how to steward this moment and for a genuine authentic outpouring of God’s Grace and power."

maybe more I haven't found yet.

are we seeing Bible prophesy coming true?
Joel 2:28 “And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.

And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke."

coincidentally, we're having balloons in the sky, and earthquakes (Turkey, New Zealand)

I know, I know, we've always had these things.
but it's really looking End-Times right now

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

ATF wellness check inbound.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I believe most colleges accommodate religious practices of all kinds.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I heard about the Asbury one, really remarkable. God is patient but that patience does have an end. It maybe getting close to that end.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is very good news. I may do a prayer fast for a day or two.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I love seeing this!!!

I've been a part of such a revival (Jericho Walk in Ottawa), when it happens, there's no doubt who's in charge.

God Bless Them.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Wow religious zelous wants to end the world any way the can, to fulfill fantacies.

Nope is not going to be the end of times, because is nothing spiritual on what is going in the US right now, is nothing more and nothing else than a bad government under the democrat regime.

But I will add, they are the anti christ.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Not to be pessimistic...

Does anyone else think the novo-elite 'in training' will just sit by quietly and see their new dogma of narcissistic materialism challenged by people of faith? I foresee anti-religious protests in their future... and I bet they'll get support from their indoctrinators...

With hope and peace come the detractors.... listen... do you hear them yet?

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars
Satan opposes every move of God
here's hoping this movement sustains and expands

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The thing about this revival or faith movement is that it is starting to happen at colleges, where leftist liberals with their anti-Christian sentiments abound. To me that seems to be a strong indication of divine inspiration the way this revival is springing up out of colleges, a sign you might say. God can and will move anywhere throughout his kingdom.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I think this movement has more to do with other faiths (Islam) requiring/demanding institutions to provide them with space for prayer, so of course accommodation should also be provided to all faiths in fairness.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The thing about this revival or faith movement is that it is starting to happen at colleges, where leftist liberals with their anti-Christian sentiments abound. To me that seems to be a strong indication of divine inspiration the way this revival is springing up out of colleges, a sign you might say. God can and will move anywhere throughout his kingdom.

well it looks like it's happening at Bible colleges which are by nature more spiritual.

would be awesome of some of the secular schools would experience this

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

well it looks like it's happening at Bible colleges which are by nature more spiritual.

would be awesome of some of the secular schools would experience this

Ah, I wasn't aware of that, I only know about my own college experience in the late 80s. Still, there were conservative Christian organizations on my campus back in the day. On the other hand I met some nice Krishnas that gave me a Bhagavad Gita and an invitation to the temple for a communal meal. Then there were the liberal arts students and campus demonstrations and the like. It was a freak show for me and as deep as I went into that world ultimately I had to choose and went conservative right, leaving the liberal scene in a most extreme way.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   
it continues

aleteia.org...

A Kentucky university chapel has been the site of an impromptu prayer event that has continued unceasingly for an entire week. The event has drawn thousands, with some driving six hours or more to participate in the faithful display. Now Christians from as far as Singapore are traveling to the chapel to take part in the prayers, which have been live streamed on TikTok for the last week.

to Northern Kentucky U
www.thenortherner.com...

The private Christian university’s movement inspired a revival of its own on NKU’s campus on Wednesday night.

Hundreds of students, faculty and staff made their way to Loch Norse and the steps of The Oakley and Eva G. Farris Amphitheater, singing songs of worship, saying prayer and some even being baptized in the waters of Loch Norse.

Senior Patrick Flynn, a member of the campus ministry College Life, could be seen playing guitar and singing songs of praise on Wednesday night. The organizational leadership major said his inspiration for a revival-based event came after he visited Asbury for himself on Monday.

“You could feel the presence of God in that room,” Flynn said of Hughes Memorial Auditorium at Asbury, the place where revival began on Feb. 8 and has continued ever since. “I was sitting with my friend and he was like, ‘How do we walk away from this different?’”

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
some media are reporting that the Asbury experience is ending, but it is not

www.cincinnati.com...

In a statement posted to social media, Asbury University President Kevin Brown announced the last evening public service will be held Sunday night at 7:30 p.m. Public worship will continue in the afternoons through Wednesday, Feb. 22, at 2 p.m. each day. Then, it will move to a structured schedule that limits visitors to young people until Friday, when services will move away from the university.

this move is not ending, it is adapting.
here's hoping it continues.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Asbury is moving the services off campus

The university designated Monday as the "concluding public worship service" of the event, stating that from Tuesday onwards services would be moved off campus...Our town’s institutions and our town’s infrastructure is just not in a place to absorb the influx of the blessed guests that we have had," said Asbury University President Kevin Brown, according to Religion News Service.

the movement continues at Lee University (among others)

On Monday, he was at Lee University a private Christian college in Cleveland, Tennessee. In a video posted to social media, Kendrick, standing outside of the school's chapel, said: "There's no show here. There is no spectacle other than seeing hearts transformed."

"Revival is still going on. That chapel behind me is still filled," he said. "It's been almost two weeks now, and I think that is amazing. My family and I have come up here for a couple of days and just joined in on what God's doing. It is incredible!"

loving this. hope it continues.

new topics

top topics

join