It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Green Lasers Shot Over Hawaii

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Is this normal to have foreign nation beaming lasers from space to another country ? Do they have permission to do that ? The recent balloon episode and something shot down in Alaska...and this ?

China is shining green lasers down to Earth from space from their satellites, this was near Hawaii

Ominous Green Lasers Shot Over Hawaii Didn't Come From NASA Satellite After All

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
2 days ago Japan saw some strange lights in the sky.
Due to the heavy snow here, the reporting of them lights went down the toilet, so we don't know what happened.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Ahh those green lasers up in the sky......I would pay no mind to that......no mind at all.

Freaking cool and creepy, but hey atleast it is humanity keeping tabs on our planet right?!...right?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Isn't it fun?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I just keep thinking about Soleimani getting out of his truck, hearing the whistle and say oh....sh....

This is when we took care of not only our backyard but those who threatened it.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Cue tip. That’s pretty gnarly.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Holy smokes..I am having problems believing this is for real-many sources are claiming that is the case though.

Wondering about the tech requirements-must be a pretty big laser if its from a satellite.
Could it have been a smaller laser mounted on one of their balloons maybe?
The spread of beams suggests some kind of mapping/measurement going on maybe..
Hopefully not target aquisition.

This and the balloon situation is making me think of the passive/aggressive saying the Chinese say to enemies-

"May you live in interesting times."

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I dont know any better about this , one thing i know that this is the first time i read about something like this..i mean i dont remember seeing earlyer this lasers from space show occurring , not visible anyway .

It might as well be some kind of passive/aggressive bullying from Chinese ?

I doubt airline pilots are happy with the laser show either.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The nazis have base in the dark side of the Moon
You know it..and i know it

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What in the hell was that ? We’re there any power outages ? Damn… that’s scary .

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If this really happened, wouldn't there be other people reporting they saw it? It's not like it was a small bright dot in the sky like the balloon in Montana. This must be a hoax.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Well sciencealert.com writed story about it...it`s not really clear fake news site i think ...

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Well sciencealert.com writed story about it...it`s not really clear fake news site i think ...

The beams seem to be too thick to be something from a satellite. I'll check out sciencealert.com.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The reports are saying it was astronomers at the Mauna Kea Subaru telescope who witnessed the beams-I think it may not have been visible from a wider area,not sure.
The guys at the scope seem to have ruled out NASA activity and have pinned it down to an "atmospheric/weather" satellite from China-

“According to Dr. Martino, Anthony J., a NASA scientist working on ICESat-2 ATLAS, it is not by their instrument but by others,” the Subaru telescope camera admin team wrote underneath the video in an update this week. “His colleagues, Dr. Alvaro Ivanoff et al., did a simulation of the trajectory of satellites that have a similar instrument and found a most likely candidate as the ACDL instrument by the Chinese Daqi-1/AEMS satellite.

petapixel.com...

Maybe the vid that Kenzo posted was taken from further away and zoomed in a long way-It may not have been very noticable with the naked eye?

I am leaning towards this event did actually happen-as the witnesses are credible and trained sky observers,and would be unliklely to make up a story lke this as it may cost them their jobs.

Edit:A bit more info on the satelitte in question here-
www.spacelaunchschedule.com...

Doesn't mention lasers but does mention "active sensors."Whatever that means.

edit on 11/2/2023 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Remember that time a congresswoman theorized that lasers from space could be starting wild fires? They laughed at her as though she was crazy… anyone recall?

Not so crazy….eh?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Remember that time a congresswoman theorized that lasers from space could be starting wild fires? They laughed at her as though she was crazy… anyone recall?

Not so crazy….eh?

I'm remembering how the 'crazy crowd' years ago was adamant we'd have an mock alien invasion via a holographic light show from space.

I thought that was pretty
at the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey Kenzo.

These remind me of the green laser they set up from The Race Rock area of Long Island Sound back in the 90’s as a navigation aid.
It shined roughly East to West down the middles of the sounds channel and could even be seen in quite heavy fog at night.
We thought it was a great idea and really liked it at first but I believed it dumbed people down a lot.
Having to just sit under and follow this green line in the sky while hauling, say, 100,000 barrels of gasoline to Providence made it more likely to me that guys in the wheelhouse would pay less attention to what was in front of them and keep their eyes more focused on the heavens instead of what was around them.
Humans like easy…….too much so in many situations.

Please don’t reply since this is off topic and just some generally useless info these days….

PS. Mods, this is too much of a slide do as must be done. Thx.

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: thx

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
What in the hell was that ? We’re there any power outages ? Damn… that’s scary .

Practicing for downing an airliner.

China warned the admin not to visit and assist Taiwan, but Biden sent Pelosi anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
From the 2nd article in the link, it sounds like it is just like NASA's satellite that uses lasers to measure elements in the atmosphere, like the NASA one which measures carbon.

Can it be weaponized, sure LOL it probably is.

Right now, we are stuck in a pissing match, China is just going to keep on going "look at what I can do," at least for now. Just think we need to make sure we aren't seeing the CCP under every rock, and every move China makes.

You know they may be monitoring the carbon, didn't China get pounded with sanctions because of thier pollution, they have legitimate reasons to hide behind if they are doing anything nefarious.

www.sciencealert.com...

Thankfully, this wasn't some alien spaceship scanning Earth for signs of life. It appears the mysterious green beams actually came from an orbiting satellite. But not the one we expected.

Originally, experts at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ), which co-owns the camera, announced on Twitter that the green light probably came from a radar device on an orbiting satellite, known as ICESat-2.

ICESat-2 is owned by NASA, and it's used to keep an eye on the thickness of Earth's sea ice, ice sheets, and forests.

But on 6 February 2022, NAOJ updated their footage of the laser beam saying that based on the trajectory, it was unlikely to be NASA after all.

"According to Dr. Martino, Anthony J., a NASA scientist working on ICESat-2 ATLAS, it is not by their instrument but by others," a note on the YouTube video explains.

"His colleagues, Dr. Alvaro Ivanoff et al., did a simulation of the trajectory of satellites that have a similar instrument and found a most likely candidate as the ACDL instrument by the Chinese Daqi-1/AEMS satellite.

"We really appreciate their efforts in the identification of the light. We are sorry about our confusion related to this event and its potential impact on the ICESat-2 team."

China's Daqi-1 satellite was launched in April last year and similar to ICESat-2, it's an atmospheric environment monitoring satellite.

That means it's in orbit around Earth in order to monitor global carbon levels, as well as atmospheric pollution.

edit on 11-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join