It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netherlands to close up to 3,000 farms to comply with EU rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

At a lesser level the whole Nitrogen thing is being pushed here in Sou’east Mass as well.
Compulsory upgrades or replacement of septic systems to the new “ acceptable standards” costing home owners, thousands to tens of thousands of $$$.
How long before they start arresting people for peeing in the woods when out hunting?
I’m all for the environment, make no mistake but geez.
These people are nutz!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

I have been seeing the tendrils of the globalist (UN/WEF) efforts to cull the world of self-sufficiency here in the states as well. It seems like hoping our friends overseas could nip this crap in the bud is in vain. Sadly, our political prostitutes will simply bend over for the globalist elite and screw the people who are only chattel to them.

It just irks me that as a citizen of the nation, my nation could just "throw up its hands" and say... "OK, we'll screw them over because it will make the globalists happy and self-satisfied."

I know a lot of people who would be cut off at the knees if the globalists had their way... But they don't seem to care about that since no one has to "vote" them into power, they just get "appointed" by the jetsetters, the rich club, and the criminal combine.

It will start with things like "Hey, fix your septic system OR ELSE!" And end with, "You should be dead to compensate the planet for your parasitical life."

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That last paragraph, Phew!
Gut says it won’t be all that long either, based on the last 5-6 years.
In the mean time there’s someone with friends in high places in towne that’s slowly filling wetlands for his little, “home farm project”.
I got back there on a 4 wheeler not that long ago.
I know what was and what now is back there.
12 lots that were considered non-buildable until the wetlands act had it’s wording changed.
Lot’s of marginal land here got scooped up before this happened though. What a coincidence.

PS: before the pushback on my words begins.
When I finally got into a prosthetic leg back in 03 I needed something to do.
I got my Real-Estate Lic., then 2 years later when it came time for the continuing ed requirements I took it to the next level and got my Brokers Lic.
I didn’t open my own biz but I did very well while I was still walking.
How the mighty fall, from running High-Liner, “Finest Kind” offshore commercial
Scallopers to Real Estate to utter boredom.
Sucks being a caged Lion……
But that’s life and even with the whine (no cheese included) I know I’m a very, very lucky man. Blessed even.

Cheers!

da pirate 😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: words, detail is important.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

When and where the metaphorical fences go up is well worth noting, - restricting our ability first to expand, then to thrive, then to survive. Those observations will be the only thing that allows us to bring the fences down without damage... so the hunt for the future can continue.

Be well.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Massive farmers protests all over India too. All about compulsory buy-out, forcible removal, GM crops and loss of lifestyle that is generations old. Farming families being told they must leave their land, move to the cities and stop growing and selling.

Planning for what is happening there now goes back decades. Loans made to India 30 odd years ago now being called in with promises of more.

So Modi who had the guts to kick Gates out of India for vaccine programs that killed children and secretly sterilised girls and women has now learned how Gates has secured globocap's contracts for monopolising all agriculture in India.

Concerns about GM producing lower yields when we are expected to believe demand for food will soon be unsustainable, GM known to erode soil health and in Netherlands, nitrogen being extolled as pollutant; all completely insane.

Soil needs nitrogen, crops need nitrogen. A return to traditional rotation farming is the only equitable option for health of people and planet.

But the new 'science' has already modelled everything out for the controllers and the actual biological science sidelined, most likely going to become another CT only crazy people believe.

I'm guessing EU directives to Netherlands comes under CAP (Common Agricultural Policy) and other European countries have already been earmarked for filling supply gaps until their farmers too, take a proverbial kicking and have their way of life and livelihoods destroyed.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Will probably not get too far, but time will tell..

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
No wonder that they are working so hard to get rid of the Second Amendment. That little snag might just slow or prevent a more complete slavery.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's some context, we cant all be rooting for the NWO now, That's kinda lame
The Netherlands has had a long recent history of strong representation of agricultural producers in politics. The dutch government has know for decades that farming on this scale and intensity is unsustainable, but this used to be only an internal problem. Profit margins were there, life was good. And the can kept being kicked down the road.
The Netherlands has even managed to evade EU farming regulations for years.
In 2019 the Netherlands was the second biggest exporter of agricultural product in the world, thats crazy when you realise the Netherlands is only 16k square miles. There's just too much being done on too small a space
Agreed, some of the numbers are skewed because Netherlands holds 50% stake of all (high price & low volume) flower trade worldwide.
But in a nutshell, farming has been too intense for too long and nothing was done. The dutch farmer is not feeding the dutch population. The government does not want the land, but instead the emission rights associated to it. It's become law now and the dutch cannot continue to not comply. Other sectors like construction and industry face the same dilemma. Social housing is on life support and cannot compete with commercial sector. Keep supporting high intensity farming is really not a policy the dutch government can get behind now. Yes it's very tragic if it comes to forced closure of family businesses but it was coming for a long time now and nobody wanted to do anything.
edit on 14-12-2022 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2022 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

That is a horse of a different color! I appreciate the addition of information that at the very least shows us, observing from afar, that our sources tend to apply a bias to everything they report - perhaps innocently, perhaps not.

When contextual information like this comes along it is important to listen.

Thanks.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Don't know if this got mentioned in the thread ...

but the EU plan for the Dutch farmers also includes a requirement that they do NOT move elsewhere in the EU and start farming again!

🙄

Is the EU really afraid so many would move to other EU countries and resume farming ? Hoo boy.

I wonder if any will move outside of the EU to become farmers again. Very few is what I would guess.

Cheers

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

originally posted by: nugget1
The elite are taking total control of the food supply around the world.

Preppers are a dying breed; when digital currency rolls out 'hoarding' will not be allowed...

I always thought that hoarding sort of misses the mark; its only a temporary measure. I thought it would be more important to be able know how to make your immediate area capable of sustaining your family.

The dip in food productivity will be felt in Europe at least, and as scarcity is induced, prices will rise. We know the matter of price is greatly affected by the number of middlemen between the consumer and the producer... now there will be more.

At least hoarders are doing SOMETHING. Which also proves they are somewhat aware of what is possibly coming down the line. Unfortunately, about 40 million people live in apartments so you do what you can. It would be awesome if every family or single person had a half acre and a decent abode with tools and knowledge to grow their own food, with large farms to grow basics like beans, corn, wheat etc. But that isn't how the majority of society operates and for the most part never has. Why I don't know but it is what it is.

Hoarding is a temporary action, it gives time which may give opportunity to make life saving or life preserving decisions. One never knows which pill was the right one to swallow so they do the best they can. Some of us IMHO, are designed with a deep awareness of logic and independence and we direct our lives so we can achieve that lifestyle instead of becoming dependent and apathetic. But it's a commitment to self and family that needs dedication and hopefully we pass it on to our children and have like minded family and friends to encourage us and us them.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is it possible that under the guise of climate protection there is another plan in play

A Tristate super city instead of farmers in the Netherlands?

He claims that the Dutch government is not seeking to eliminate about a third of its farms for environmental reasons. Instead, it is about the construction of Tristate City, a megalopolis with a population of around 45 million extending to areas of Germany and Belgium.

To be able to implement this project, which is planned in agreement with the goals of Agenda 2030, expropriations are also planned, he said.

The so-called “nitrogen crisis,” Engel says, is fictional, a purely political issue. No human lives are at stake. All that is at stake, he says, is that some politicians want to reshape Holland’s landscape.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
with indoor tower farming, hydroponics, meat growing, food printing, etc soon enough regular agriculture will become obsolete and too inefficient to compete. you might not like it but this isn't the first time old ways were cast aside for new more efficient and convenient methods or technology, people will lose jobs as the transition happens but new jobs will open up and people will have more free time to do social stuff or hobbies or whatever.

Just like we are transitioning from fossil fuels with no reliable replacement. Shut down farming with no viable replacement. Makes sense/not

You forgot to add we will all happily live on UBI.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Where is that tech? The horse and buggy wasn't forced out by government because "soon the car will be here". No. The car arrived, and people swapped out voluntarily.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I wonder what happens when some of the farmers don't take the buyout, even involuntarily? No matter how much money it is, they are losing everything that matters to them.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can't imagine the resolve needed to stand up to the forces that will be brought to bear on anyone who try to keep the 'plan' from being carries out.

I suppose being an "architect of the new European future" means not having to respect any 'person' who dares to represent themselves in anything but fawning adoration for the glorious wisdom of their mega-city objective (not to mention the huge payday it represents for a few well-positioned entities in such an endeavor.)

But the majority of the European communities must be all for this (at least given coverage I've seen which seems to gloss over this - and the effectively zero coverage here in the states) ... otherwise how could they even entertain it?

I wonder if anyone can point to an interview with farmers that welcomes this.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nitrogen makes up 78 percent of the air in the Earth's atmosphere.

Nitrogen is the fifth most abundant element in the universe (just after carbon).

What is the problem with nitrogen again?
edit on 4-5-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:35 AM
link   

otherwise how could they even entertain it?

Other places in Europe are busy with their own problems, a lot of which are also caused by the high handedness of EU policy. It will take more countries abandoning EU membership before anything changes.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join