It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absurdism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There is this YT guy Exurb1a, one of the few I look forward to his latest content.

This latest piece of philosophical ramblings made me laugh relly good several times.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's roaming these boards...

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I would love it if I could speak with him, like we used to speak with folks on ATS Live, back in the day.

The production is good, and his style is refreshingly genuine.

The material is also good. And frankly, I know little of this newer "Absurdism" view point

Absurdism
The conflict between the human tendency to seek inherent value and meaning in life and the human inability to find any; does not mean 'logically impossible' but rather 'humanly impossible'; a philosophical school of thought stating

It has some points that I can relate to - especially the idea that what we call is impossible is often a mischaracterization of "humanly impossible."

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

It's not all that new, actually.
I was introduced to the notion a long, well, a while ago. And it dates from before my time.

Estragon and Pozzo still wait, probably.
www.cliffsnotes.com...

engliterarium.com...
edit on 12/5/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Yes, I had a few good laughs too but I think the only time it would be a bad idea having a joint would be only while watching his video. LOL

He quoted Camus -

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Albert Camus

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.

Albert Camus

edit on q000000141231America/Chicago3030America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q000000281231America/Chicago3030America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks. I 'm going to check out media to see "Waiting for Godot" performed - and maybe try to infer the sense of absurdism it apparently reflects... (I'm also going to see why it was a point of comparison for the production of "Dinner with Andre")

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

If you watch the whole thing you get bonus points.

Which, I think, is the point.

Then move on to Ionuesco for the really advanced stuff. (I'm so glad I went to college.)

edit on 12/5/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm on it! .... For a recommendation of yours... I'll make time.

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

join