It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter closes offices until Monday as employees quit in droves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronnieray68
a reply to: Asmodeus3 Looks like the house of cards that wanted to silence the majority of Americans is falling and its about time. Now we the people can speak loud and clear!

Yes that's true.
Even if some of the social platforms cease to exist I don't really care as long as the internet is normalised again where everyone will have the right to speak their mind as they see fit.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire Give me a break. Many true Americans are more than willing to work at twitter and make it an honest platform this time. Elon is the owner of twitter. Yes its his way or the highway. Get used to it.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

So by that standard, you will applaud those who refuse to follow his orders on how to run his business if they disagree with him?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire I guess you don't know much about Elon. In all his businesses he is very bossy. Its his money. His business and i guess that's why you don't work for him.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ronnieray68

Oh, I see, you are falling back on the elitist trope of ''true Americans'' to support your view. I mean, I don't know you or anything about your views but that statement sounds an awful lot like ''True Germans'' to me. I''m just saying that's all.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

So by that standard, you will applaud those who refuse to follow his orders on how to run his business if they disagree with him?

Depends on what these orders and instructions are.

If the company is to continue upon the same path i.e censoring and silencing everyone then not only I will applaude them but argue that everyone closed their accounts and let the platform die off. Likewise for all other platforms. [
edit on 18-11-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ronnieray68

Right, nor do I wish to. All I know about him is that he is very very rich and has $44,000,000,000 to take over a business owns a whole bunch of crap, goes to space and seems to enjoy being a celebrity.

I don't quite understand your last comment about why I don't work for him. Why would I work for him or better yet why do you even wast your thought processes on thinking about my work situation.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Even as you applaud Musk for now owning this platform and insisting on all employees following his lead in total commitment to the success of the business, you also seem to be totally against the old owner who you claim did the very same thing.

Might it be that for some reason you do not believe that the old owner had not right to censor or whatever he wished to with his own business? See, I think it's a mistake to believe that free speech is inherent in a for profit business. If Twitter or Tic Tok of Facebook led people to believe that their platforms were avenues of free speech, I think that was merely advertising and we all know about the lies of advertising. Or do we?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yup. It is now Elon's business. His to fail or succeed with it.

It was clear from the start that many of the employees had a problem with the firm being bought by him. But, as they used to say, -tough-. Buyouts of firms take place all the time and the employees of a bought firm have to decide whether to stay or go when they consider the new terms of employment.

Whether Twitter remains or not, the world will continue to turn and not care who cheers and who cries.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Even as you applaud Musk for now owning this platform and insisting on all employees following his lead in total commitment to the success of the business, you also seem to be totally against the old owner who you claim did the very same thing.

Might it be that for some reason you do not believe that the old owner had not right to censor or whatever he wished to with his own business? See, I think it's a mistake to believe that free speech is inherent in a for profit business. If Twitter or Tic Tok of Facebook led people to believe that their platforms were avenues of free speech, I think that was merely advertising and we all know about the lies of advertising. Or do we?

You are mistaken. I told applaud censorship at all.
I am not a fan of Elon Musk but I hope that the platform doesn't continue upon the same path.

I don't 'applaud' Elon Musk taking over. This is something that I don't have control of but I hope the company is run smoothly and fairly without censoring and silencing free speech. How Elon Musk manages his company is up to him as long as he doesn't censor free speech.

Business and free speech can coexist. I am sure about this.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I see most of the (now former)Twitter employees as entitled millennials who got lucky and landed a cush job that got even cushier after COVID when they could work from home. All most of did was log in from home click a few buttons, ban a few posts because of their "PC" culture, write a few emails, maybe do a Zoom meeting and call it a day. Very few actually were productive enough to justify their paycheck.

I figure the ones crying about the work environment under Elon have never had a real job that demanded them to produce something of value for their company. Years of this cush work environment got them spoiled and now they actually have to work for a paycheck, they do not know what do, so they whine on social media.

As I said, I figure most never had a real job as they got hired fresh out of college and simply do not comprehend the financial side of running a business.

Twitter is losing money and having a bunch of over payed employees who simply are not productive is obviously a major money burn. Something had to be done.

After this 'culling' I am sure Twitter will be end up hiring new talent, talent that is willing to work for their paycheck and willing to prove they add value to the company.
edit on 18-11-2022 by jrod because: Fix

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Elon has a plan for Twitter that ge is keeping to himself. Remember he was part of Paypal, he has a growing constellation of satellites that can communicate at kight speed all over the world.

My speculation is he wants to use Twitter as a platform for a new payment processing system/company on top of the "megaphone" it gives him to the masses.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yea I actually side with the employees on this vs Musk, even though I see what Musk is doing. Look, when I take a job. Its based on the premise the salary is for 40 hours a week. I will occasionally need to work an hour or a couple hours over, however it is not daily. I agree on a Salary based on that $100k for 40/wk = 48/hr this is my rate. Now if all of a sudden I have to work 60/wk. My rate is now 32/hr and that is on straight time. He is changing the labor contract in essence. Can I not renegotiate my compensation then? Now instead of 100k. I want 200k, as working the new overtime of 20 hours is 74k of OT per year, and well to be honest with you, you are adding stress, and taking away from my life. 200k seems reasonable right? Is that going to happen?

Camain

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Yup. It is now Elon's business. His to fail or succeed with it.

It was clear from the start that many of the employees had a problem with the firm being bought by him. But, as they used to say, -tough-. Buyouts of firms take place all the time and the employees of a bought firm have to decide whether to stay or go when they consider the new terms of employment.

Whether Twitter remains or not, the world will continue to turn and not care who cheers and who cries.

Cheers

I think the same.

Many of these employees had an issue when Musk took over and were thinking of whether they could stay or leave the company.

Musk knew it and it looks like he 'offers' them way out with a compensation package for those who decide to leave.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
As long as the site still works.
At the moment, Twitter is my only operative advertising medium (StephenDisraeli).
Google is being fairly friendly at the moment, but I'm sure that's only because of the Twitter exposure.
I don't mind if there are fewer people around to vet the Promoted Tweets.
edit on 18-11-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
As long as the site still works.
At the moment, Twitter is my only operative advertising medium (StephenDisraeli).
Google is being fairly friendly at the moment, but I'm sure that's only because of the Twitter exposure.
I don't mind if there are fewer poeple around to vet the Promoted Tweets.

The internet must be a place of 'anarchy & disorder'. We don't need thought police in this world.
edit on 18-11-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronnieray68
a reply to: TerryMcGuire Give me a break. Many true Americans are more than willing to work at twitter and make it an honest platform this time. Elon is the owner of twitter. Yes its his way or the highway. Get used to it.

So far Twitter has been a platform that supported and promoted the woke ideology.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Best-case scenario is that cancer to mankind never re-opens.

Hey Elon, do the planet a huge favor and buy tiktok next.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Best-case scenario is that cancer to mankind never re-opens.

Hey Elon, do the planet a huge favor and buy tiktok next.

You mean Twitter in your first sentence?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

And if it works, and Twitter moves on to be a much more successful capitalist enterprise, so be it. But if it fails now, well I guess that's on him, right? After all he paid $44,000,000,000 for it because he thought it would be a good investment. He thought he could make it worth more, right? Well, I guess we will see.

I think he might be playing his own version of Brewsters Millions.

How quickly can you burn through 44 billion and have nothing of value left at the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join