It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland Missile Strike May Have Come From Ukraine Self-Defense: US Officials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

worth noting that Poland has other mutual defence pacts to rely on that could in turn trigger wider NATO involvement.

be interesting to see how the UK responds..

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
a reply to: DerBeobachter

worth noting that Poland has other mutual defence pacts to rely on that could in turn trigger wider NATO involvement.

be interesting to see how the UK responds..

At most, perhaps faster deliveries of air defense systems to Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I can't remember the last time I watched a UK MSM News Report on TV....but to be fair I do regularly catch up on the BBC News website.
It has never pushed the 'this was a Russian attack' claim with regards to the 'missile strike' in Poland.
They have been reflecting the cautious and 'lets establish the facts' narrative that seems to be coming from all NATO national leaders.
And that in turn seems to be the general feeling of the public at large.
There is no frothing at the mouth.
There is no fervent clamour for any sort of retaliation against Russia.
There IS a recognition that mistakes happen.

Sure, this would never have happened if Russia hadn't invaded in the first place - that is undeniable.
But it has....and things go wrong sometimes.

Now if this was to be a regular occurrence I think the response would be somewhat different.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: vNex92

I can't remember the last time I watched a UK MSM News Report on TV....but to be fair I do regularly catch up on the BBC News website.
It has never pushed the 'this was a Russian attack' claim with regards to the 'missile strike' in Poland.
They have been reflecting the cautious and 'lets establish the facts' narrative that seems to be coming from all NATO national leaders.
And that in turn seems to be the general feeling of the public at large.
There is no frothing at the mouth.
There is no fervent clamour for any sort of retaliation against Russia.
There IS a recognition that mistakes happen.

Sure, this would never have happened if Russia hadn't invaded in the first place - that is undeniable.
But it has....and things go wrong sometimes.

Now if this was to be a regular occurrence I think the response would be somewhat different.

response would be the same.

noone will risk their head for Poland, they'll rather see NATO disbanded.

certain tea-sipping motherf..kers abandoned us once, and would abandon us again.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Polish president says there is no evidence that it was launched by Russia

"From the information that we and our allies have, it was an S-300 rocket made in the Soviet Union, an old rocket and there is no evidence that it was launched by the Russian side," Andrzej Duda said. "It is highly probable that it was fired by Ukrainian anti-aircraft defense."

Ukraine has around 100 active S-300 batteries with as many as 300 launchers inherited upon the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

response would be the same.

No, it wouldn't.

.....noone will risk their head for Poland, they'll rather see NATO disbanded.

Any significant attack on Poland would be met with an appropriate response....of that I'm pretty much certain.

.....certain tea-sipping motherf..kers

Is that some pretty lame, predictable and stereotypical attempt at an insult?

....abandoned us once, and would abandon us again.

When?
edit on 16/11/22 by Freeborn because: When?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Total classic and just when everyone worldwide was pointing the finger at Russia and all the article 5 nonsense and a 'justified and measured response.' I just hope now Ukraine is the guilty party they get a good old dose of 'spreading democracy' and a little Iraqification thrown in too just for a good old regime changing measure!

edit on 16-11-2022 by ufoorbhunter because: Spelling caused by giggles at the nonsense

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

But they weren't 'pointing the finger at Russia' were they.
Nearly every single NATO national leader said 'lets wait and see'.

Yes, Zelensky said it.....but please point me to any 'leader' who said it was definitely Russia?

And if it had been Russia it would have been a genuine mistake.
If Putin was going to attack Poland he'd do it with significantly more than two relatively small old missiles.

Article 5 was never even a consideration.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The MSM were pumping it right up on every channel last night

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Missile made in America?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Regardless of who's missile it was, russia still bears responsibility....if not for russia's launch of offensive weapons, then Ukraine would not have fired defensive weapons.

Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg is speaking at a news conference following the missile strike on Poland yesterday.

An investigation is ongoing but preliminary analysis “suggests the incident was likely caused by a Ukrainian air defence missile fired to defend Ukrainian territory against Russian cruise missile attacks”, Stoltenberg said.

He added:

Let me be clear, this is not Ukraine’s fault. Russia bears ultimate responsibility as it continues its illegal war against Ukraine.

There is “no indication” that the missile was the result of a deliberate attack or that Russia is preparing offensive military actions against Nato, he added.

Link

Ultimately, though, it was an accident and it will not trigger Articles 4 or 5.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Just heard Stoltenberg ranting on the radio blaming Russia for Ukranians firing a missile at Poland. Total classic the guys gone full on MAD his head must be so brainwashed by corrective education.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I did not point finger to Russia, so please.....

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

As I said in another thread; I can't remember the last time I watched UK MSM on TV.
Yes, I catch up on the BBC News website amongst others and there was certainly no 'It was Russia' message being pushed there. It was definitely a 'lets wait and see' sort of thing echoing what almost everyone with even on ounce of critical thinking abilities was thinking.

Again; apart from Zelensky, not one single NATO national leader blamed Russia - that in itself was telling.

Article 5 was never a consideration.

This isn't me being wise after the event, I was posting exactly the same late last night.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine then Russia wouldn't have been in control of Ukrainian lands.
Thus Ukraine would not have had to repel the Russian invaders from Kherson etc.
As a result Russia would not have felt humiliated and felt the need to launch nearly one hundred missiles at Ukraine.
If they hadn't launched the missile attack Ukraine wouldn't have had to try to shoot those missiles down and the Ukrainian missiles wouldn't have somehow ended up in Poland.

Root Cause Analysis:
Russia's illegal invasion.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yep. A country has the right to self-defense. Unfortunate fact is that sometimes missiles go out of control. This one killed two people in a neighboring country.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The MSM were pumping it right up on every channel last night

Re: justthenews.com...

War Mongers, and others who hate their lives, are so disappointed.

GOOD!

Now, Let's send them over there to fight...Free one-way ticket, food, the whole 9 yards.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Maybe all this is to distract from the news that the Democrats gave billions to Ukraine, which in turn Ukraine donated a bunch of that money to the FTX crypto exchange and then FTX donated like 40 million to the Democrat party. You know, money laundering! Funny how FTX just blew up financially too.

A+ for seeing through the smoke and mirrors!

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Ultimately, though, it was an accident and it will not trigger Articles 4 or 5.

How can you be sure it was an "accident"?

Ukraine has faked plenty of things already.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was going to replay to specific users but it seems pointless as this one is for all of you.

Not to pick nits, but there are no innocent parties here (aside from Ukranian citizens who were only guilty of existing.)

I know in the context of the "but they shot first" game of histrionic importance; it is easy to become embroiled in the argument of fault finding. My only concern is that this is another case of the firepower being pointed at the citizens... as if they were somehow the 'offenders' in this scenario. I don't mean the "heroes/villains" that took up arms to either defend or attack others either, its' safe to say they expect what is coming.

It's clear that some Ukrainians are fed up with others imposing governments and ideologies on them through 'subterfuge' - of which both regional oligarchs and NATO 'allies' are guilty. In that respect any foreign involvement with this nations' pain is precarious at best. Between big tech/media shenanigans and black money deals with vainglorious and power lusting "world leaders" the people of Ukraine have become fodder - the actual blood currency in this "monopoly game" of the elite.

We're so busy running with other people's characterizations of reality we have tacitly devalued the lives lost and the pain inflicted - as if it was "worth it." Ideology is something worth dying for - but you can't eat it, and it won't keep you warm this winter, nor will improve your health... but it's worth sending your children to die for it because: reasons.

Yes, the Russian leaders are guilty of something, and yes, the Ukrainian leaders are too. Russian soldiers and Ukranian citizens are being "consumed" by this beast which is all about what? What color flag waves overhead? (Sorry, those are rhetorical questions which can only be answered incorrectly- never fall for that trap.)

Pardon the mini rant - it was not directed at you per se; more of a plea that we do not engage in this nonsensical "team" game while people's limbs are being blown off in the name of "we win!"
edit on 11/16/2022 by Maxmars because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join