It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Hancock’s New Netflix Series: Ancient Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So I popped into Netflix for the first time in a few days; and this was the first advertisement: Graham Hancock’s New Netflix Series: Ancient Apocalypse.

Im excited. Just started the first episode and he’s already shown an ancient monument that I’ve never seen before, in Java Indonesia.

Just thought I’d share for all the other ancient civilizations / Graham Hancock enthusiasts.

I’ll pop back in with my thoughts on each episode. Going to binge watch now.

As the Cowboy says: Shut up and watch it!

www.netflix.com...
edit on 13-11-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thank you, I love his books!

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Just got done listening to the Rogan episode he is on. Pretty fascinating. I will start watching his show tonight. He definitely gives you a lot to think about.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Alright!🤗 First Episode ‘Once There Was a Flood’ in the books! 8 episodes in totality, on the first season alone!

In Java Indonesia at Gunung Padang, we have an ancient monument built on top of a national volcanic formation. Encompassing octagonal basalt natural formations. A step / terraced pyramid on top of a mountain.

GPR shows three massive rectangular hidden chambers beneath the mountain. Core drilling from the first layer dates to 2,000 BC. Core drilling went down 4 layers (15 meters) and the last is dating back to 22,000 BC.

Keep in mind Java wasn’t an island back in those days. It was the southern most part of a massive Asian continent.

End of the episode is the amazing Nan Madal made the exact same way with hexagonal basalt.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The theory is good, and personally i believe it.

But hancock gives me really bad Däniken vibes.

Still going to watch it just because maybe i can see a glimpse of some structure from an angle i have not seen it before.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

The theory is good, and personally i believe it.

But hancock gives me really bad Däniken vibes.

Still going to watch it just because maybe i can see a glimpse of some structure from an angle i have not seen it before.

You know why I like? At the very beginning of the first episodes Graham says: ‘I’ve been called many things, a pseudo archeologist, a pseudo scientist — I profess to be neither archeologist or scientist . I am a journalist.’

Von Daniken is/was all about the sensationalism / money to be made. He was part of the problem. I believe Graham is part of the solution. He doesn’t try and convince anyone. Only points to what he knows.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In episode 8, Hancock interviews Allen West, one of the authors of "The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes," a book which explains all the science behind the onset of the Younger Dryas. Hancock refers to the Younger Dryas, but does not explain much except the sacred date. I think he just doesn't want to mention books besides his own. I recommend TCOCC highly.

Maybe Hancock will cover it later. I'm especially eager to hear what he has to say about the Carolina Bays...

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I binge watched all episodes. Found it absolutely fascinating. Don't want to give spoilers, but will say he presents some compelling evidence to support his theories.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I’ve been binge watching this all weeekend in between having a few shootouts on RDO, lol.

He lost me a few times with his theories, but he just thinks outside the box of the main stream establishment and is definitely worth watching.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I like this series. He’s focusing on mostly commonly unrecognized places.

Episode two was on the gargantuan pyramid in Cholula Mexico. Which myth legends claim giants built it.

Referencing Quetzalcoatl and Viracocha and the ancient flood myths of these white skinned bearded masters guiding them in advancements in society.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Watching now, thanks for the heads up!

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Saved the Joe Rogan interview to watch later and yes I want to watch this too. So essentially is he suggesting we had other civilizations that were wiped out by an ancient apocalypse or is he just noting evidence of such an event?

watching now about America Before

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: RonnieJersey

GPR shows three massive rectangular hidden chambers beneath the mountain. Core drilling from the first layer dates to 2,000 BC. Core drilling went down 4 layers (15 meters) and the last is dating back to 22,000 BC.

That was incredibly exciting when they revealed that. I wanted to get a shovel right then and there! I hope mainstream academia can get over themselves and excavate that site.

Incredible series so far, I'm on episode 3 currently.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It was terrible, mostly Hancock wandering about or looking wistfully into the distance. Add in some old guff about ‘mainstream’ holding back the truth.

Ancient Apocalypse' is an often confused, and generally arrogant, attempt to sensationalize history through one person's insistence of a rather ridiculous idea, and his desire to pick a fight with archaeologists, historians, and scientists.

Graham Hancock insists, on the one hand, how archaeologists and scientists all around the world have locked themselves into this one idea of human history, and are unwilling to change their perspective in light of new archaeological evidence.

On the other hand, he takes all the evidence, the myths and legends of diverse cultures, and any facts, hints, and suggestions he can find, and twists them all to fit into his own idea of an incredibly advanced, forgotten ancient civilization while doing exactly what he constantly accuses academics of doing: not being willing to accept anything which defies their own perception.

He has visited some amazing places, found some fascinating links between separate cultures across history, and maybe even come up with a few half-decent ideas about why we need to continue extensive research into our past to better understand our ancient ancestors.

However, the biggest conclusion he has drawn is largely nonsensical. The way he keeps implying ancient humans could not have progressed as they did, to discover agriculture and build large monuments and structures, without the help of some advanced civilization forgotten by history is plain arrogant, insulting, extremely annoying, and rather hypocritical given he accuses archaeologists of the very same arrogance he displays himself.

Huckster
edit on 14-11-2022 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My question is, if we went from horse and cart to quantum computing within living memory and our methods of dating are correct so that we can be somewhat sure about how long modern humans have been around, why did it take us so long to get our sh!t together?

a reply to: Tortuga

edit on 14-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Better wording

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
My question is, if we went from horse and cart to quantum computing within living memory and our methods of dating are correct so that we can be somewhat sure about how long modern humans have been around, why did it take us so long to get our sh!t together?

You’d have to buy my book or watch my $20m Netflix show. Not that the ‘mainstream’ would accept my ideas because they’re all locked into their stupid facts and evidence.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You’d have to buy my book or watch my $20m Netflix show.

I dislike facts and evidence as much as the next bloke but I can’t stand making decisions.

Which do you recommend?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

You’d have to buy my book or watch my $20m Netflix show.

I dislike facts and evidence as much as the next bloke but I can’t stand making decisions.

Which do you recommend?

Learn to spot a huckster and move on.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I love the way he claims that humans have amnesia. I thoroughly agree with him, but he is reluctant to give credit to where he and I myself received this idea from, which is Immanuel Velikovsky. Many of the greats you see on Television on programs like this got a lot of their ideas from this brilliant man!

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I've asked others that same question many times -
And been told that the invention of the electric light bulb gave more daylight to our days, enabling man to have more time to advance.
And that was in the later 1800's, relatively recently in our history. After that, all the major inventions that make our modern life possible suddenly bloomed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join