It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evin Prison Fire: Explosions and Gunshots Reported in Iranian Capital Amid Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

A large fire has broken out at Tehran's notorious Evin Prison, where Iran's political prisoners and anti-government activists are kept.
The prison, which once housed British national Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, has become the latest location for unrest in Ira, as nationwide protests entered a fifth week.
It comes as state media blamed "criminal elements" for the blaze, with online videos and local media reporting the sound of gunshots.
The US-based Centre for Human Rights in Iran reported that an “armed conflict” broke out within the prison walls, saying shots were first heard in Ward 7 of the prison.
The prison fire occurred as protesters intensified anti-government demonstrations, sparked by the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini in Sept

Evin Prison fire: explosions and gunshots reported in Iranian capital amid protests

Looks like is kicking off even more so in Iran(Tehran) with their prisons burning now.

Will add more information as it materializes.

www.breakingnews.ie...
www.rte.ie...
edit on 15-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

This is a little bit off topic, but I do see Iran as a warning sign to everybody who has a deep understanding of, and desire for, freedom and democracy.

I see Iran as a micro example of the trajectory that western civilisation is headed. As far as I can tell every part of their totalitarian state is being implemented all across the western world. Sure they have different names and, on face value may appear to be completely different, but is there really any difference between religious police and woke police? for example.

Is there any practical difference between getting whipped across the back of the legs for "apparently", by way of someone else's opinion, defying Islamic law, and being fined or jailed for "upsetting someone" on the internet, by way of someone else's opinion?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Update.

Sky NEWS is reporting that security officials in Tehran are now saying that the incident is over.

I thought it may have been some kind of mass breakout or the like with a prelude to a possible revolution but apparently not.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Good old Soros and Mike Pompeo trying to regime change Iran for the last time before the USD dollars declines..

With Mike Pompeo & other democrats/RINOs Pushing the MEK as the Iranian opposition

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Good morning Andrew! It definitely is an escalation just because they say it is over, doesn’t necessarily mean it is over., I know you Ken what I’m saying.

Interesting times, like Glasgow but global

you and yours stay safe.

edit on 15-10-2022 by Dalamax because: Propaganda surprise could this be our October surprising is?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
aa reply to: andy06shake

This US backed color revolution wont be successful as the way you think it is. The US is trying their hardest to lie and manipulate everyone that these protests are all just about the dress cover.

When they are just a excuse to push for a backed US color revolution in Iran just because Iranians are in Syria and are assisting Russia in Ukraine.

That is why these protests are happening.

These protests are geopolitical in general and have nothing to do with the dress cover.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

There are a multitude of reasons the Iranian people should seek regime change that have nothing to do with George Soros or Mike Pompeo and plenty to do with freedom, liberty, and women's rights but to name a few, so there is that.

Not everything is about American politics vNex92.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I'm trying to picture Barlinnie burning now. LoL

Certainly live in interesting times.

Same to you and yours Dalamax.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Think you might find the current round of protests are over the death of Mahsa Amini.

www.pbs.org...#:~:text=The%20protests%20over%20the%20death,their%20ma ndatory%20headscarf%2C%20or%20hijab.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's Starting !!!

Nov 8th can't come soon enough !!! 😎

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Kicking off in Iran on the 8th of November.

About time as they require revolution and regime change in spades.

Where is your info coming from through?

Interested to know.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I know three Iranian people - or Persians as they insist on being called - and they are really nice people.
Two of them are brothers, devout Muslims but not fanatical etc.
The other one got out of Iran about a year or two after Khomeini came into power - he was very anti-Ayatollah etc and is as Westernised as you can get.....and a really nice man.

I haven't seen him for a while and gave him a ring about an hour or so ago.
After the usual pleasantries I asked him about events back in Iran.
He told me he'd been in touch with a few family and friends etc and that he got the impression that there is widespread dissatisfaction with the current regime and there are protests in a lot of places.

Too early to say where this may lead.

Of course this is only second/third hand testament from Iranians themselves, who would put any stock in that?
Its far more likely this its due bastard Yankee skullduggery interfering in other countries affairs just as Vnex et al assure us.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I got the tin pale about a decade ago and ended up in the Sheriff court cells Monday morning with some wee dude that walked/hitch-hiked from Iran to the UK!

Little fellow was not much of a devout anything far as i can remember, just wanted the hell out of that place from what i could make out.

His English was rather limited but he seemed like an ok person.

He did not make where he hailed from sound to nice, kept going on about how the military and police handed out beatings like sweets.

Be nice to bring Iran back in to the fold because by all accounts pre 78-79 it was an ok place to exist, and considered to be rather forward thinking for a Muslim nation.
edit on 16-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Some more info from Sky NEWS with some pictures of the aftermath and confirmation of deaths down to smoke inhalation.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Update: Unfortunately there are reports that 4 more people have died.

new topics

top topics

join