It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead, 6 injured in stabbing on Las Vegas Strip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Las Vegas police Capt. Dori Koren said officers received multiple 911 calls about a stabbing near Las Vegas Blvd. and Sands Drive at about 11:40 a.m.

Capt. Koren said officers responded to the scene, and with the help of security partners, were able to take the suspect into custody “very quickly” and were then able to render aide to the multiple victims.

Capt. Dori Koren said that as of now, there were eight people stabbed and one suspect as part of the incident.

Of the victims, Capt. Koren says two people have died and three are in critical condition.

2 dead, 6 injured in stabbing on Las Vegas Strip

So I was working at the Venetian today for G2E. After being cut for the day I went to grab an uber as usual but since I had another guy with me getting an uber as well I went to the pickup spot off Sands Ave. in front of the expo hall instead of my usual one on the backside at Harras. Anyway...we are both working on getting a reasonably close uber and everytime one gets close it cancels. We are like wtf is going on...traffic is bad but not over the top. Then this guy walks over asking for a smoke...to which the other guy with me obliges. The guy then apologizes for bumming but relates he is stuck there. Obviously we are like why are you stuck here. So according to him he was there when the first girl was stabbed in the neck (she is one of the 2 deceased) he gave his shirt to her friend to put pressure on the wound. He then chased after the guy on his bike from Wynn over to the Venetian expo hall where stabby ran inside and gave up from exhaustion. Apparently the shirt he gave them had his only 40$ in it and was now in evidence. He just wanted his cash back so he could go home.

Anyway crazy afternoon here in vegas. Oh...and the most f&%#ed up part was that when asked why he did it he apparently said because he wanted to be on the news...
edit on 6-10-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Close but never close enough. Glad you're OK 👍

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Me too...because of the complete randomness of it. I mean Imagine walking do an a super busy street minding your own or hell even just working and boom out of no where you're dying and don't even have time to process it at all...just long enough to know its the end. I have always been a gead on a swivel guy but I will probably be even more hyper aware when I work down on the strip.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It wasn't a stabbing, but that's what happened to a family that was prominent in the community my sister lives in. They were walking down the street in Louisville, and BAM! out of nowhere a car slams into them - mom and daughter had to be put into medical comas to save them and they still suffered massive traumatic injuries. The dad died, and the only one unscathed was the son near my youngest nephew's age, and all he could think to do was grab a phone and call his grandma and ask for help.

This stuff happens, and it's entirely random. What do you do?

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

We must get these rifles off the stree.....

Errr.

Sorry, wrong thread

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Reminds me of the attacks on citizens that occur frequently in the UK, France, and Canada. I think due to lack of guns, the mentally deranged use knives. On the bright side...a knife doesn't drop as many people as a gun.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea basically there is nothing you can do buy be extra aware of your surroundings. I mean the whole strip area is surrounded by the absolute hood on all sides. Just 1 block off vegas blvd and its not a good place to be wandering.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yea I had the same thought earlier...those damn black rifles...

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yea...it just exemplifies how...if a person wants to kill maim or cause damage its very easy and doesn't remotely require a fire arm to do massive amounts of damage. Things like this would be stopped easier if more good guys had fire arms honestly.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Almost like its not the object but the mindset.

What a novel idea Ricky!

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Yea...it just exemplifies how...if a person wants to kill maim or cause damage its very easy and doesn't remotely require a fire arm to do massive amounts of damage. Things like this would be stopped easier if more good guys had fire arms honestly.

Several months ago in neighboring Indiana, a guy pulled out a knife in a mall food court. One of the diners pulled out his gun and shot the would-be attacker right between the eyes, from the other side of the food court. Sadly, only FoxNews covered it. 90% of the media didn't like lives being saved. Evil bastards run most of US media.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Its honestly only news because it happened on the strip. This type of crazy happens more than you'd think...but only makes head lines when its in a popular place.sadly the majority here are on vacation so its doubtful many are armed on the strip. Just stuck out to me because I had just heard about it before I got off then literally was not only effected by it but talked to the main person who ran the guy down.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea that's a thing I am always on the look out for. I walk a lot and where I live then main road is one of the worst in vegas. I am always contemplating scenarios of cars doing dumb or reactionary stuff. But yes basically them same type of deal only that the drive would have to be like yea I am going to mow these folks down. As we have seen a car can be more devistating than a gun. And on a busy street of tourists a knife can easily do the job too. Close quarters in a crowded environment is where blades shine. If a human wants to achieve devastation its easy...we need to solve the why. Why would a human want this and how can we prevent that.2

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Crazy story glad to hear your safe.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yea I was at "work" more so chilling and getting paid but the crazy thing is I am local. All the labor guys building all the rigs for these booths are guys I see often. No one mentioned anything about this dude getting caught there or anything. The only person who even mentioned it was one of the out of town freelancers working with me. And he had no clue it was like right here at us.

Anyway...thanks for the well wishes. Pretty sad for the 2 that died. I can't imagine doing my thing and being stabbed randomly from behind.
edit on 7-10-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   

and the suspect is an illegal alien... go figure.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

From what I heard it did seem that way. I didn't actually have proof so I didn't phrase it as such but the circumstantial things I heard lead me to think either migrant worker or illegal immigrant.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and the suspect is an illegal alien... go figure.

does nevada have the death penalty?

yep, we gotta start using it and fast.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Brotherman

Yea I was at "work" more so chilling and getting paid but the crazy thing is I am local. All the labor guys building all the rigs for these booths are guys I see often. No one mentioned anything about this dude getting caught there or anything. The only person who even mentioned it was one of the out of town freelancers working with me. And he had no clue it was like right here at us.

Anyway...thanks for the well wishes. Pretty sad for the 2 that died. I can't imagine doing my thing and being stabbed randomly from behind.

I used to weld for TAIT towers and was a part of the integration team, I couldn't imagine being sent to the world unprepared for wolves and tyrants welding rock and roll. Truth be told that the entertainment industry brings forefront assholes and the mentally ill in every form of the #in freud bible. Blessed be those that can swing the bat and all that # I am not an entertainer, I am a student, a lover, and an angry Marine. FJB and FTW God bless Mericka

new topics

top topics

join