It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies "quietly" dropping vaccine mandates. Is this grounds for wrongful termination lawsuits?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's happening. If you do a search on Duckduckgo for the phrase companies dropping vaccine mandate, you'll find pages of hits. Here are a few links:

> Axios.com
> BusinessReport.com
> ShoreNewsNetwork

The gist of the reports is best summed up in the first paragraph of Axios' article:

Some companies are rolling back mandates for employee COVID vaccination — but few are making official public statements about it.

This brings to my mind the question of whether employees who were terminated for not taking the vaccine when mandates were in place (but never legallly required by gov't fiat) could potentially sue for wrongful termination. Given the lifting of the mandates (IMO, an admission that they were wrong, becase if the were not why would they be lifting them now?) and the evidence that we now have at hand that the injections are actually harmful, it seems to me that many companies could be finanically broken by such actions. A good thing, IMO.

Again, IRRC, there were never any legally required mandates for privately owned companies or publically held companies to force employees to take the death shots; all decision to force employees to be injected were made at a corporate level. If the vaccines were "save and effective" and if there really were a public health emergency, it seems that it would make no sense to drop the corporate mandates. If, on the other hand, people are realizing that it was a mistake, they should drop them. However, if it was a mistake, then it was a mistake that led to massive wrongful terminations that negatively affected the lives of many people. It seems to me that this is an argumet that could be made.

So, any ATS legal eagles here have any input as to whether the idea has merit? And are there any other members that would like to see this happen?

:
edit on 2022 9 11 by incoserv because: formatting error.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Three words: at will employment

🤷

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

three words. Terminate your membership.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If that is universally applicable, then the whole concept of "wrongful termination" is invalid without some blatantly discriminitory element.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes.. And I believe if you were forced by your employer and had an adverse reaction or death they should be liable.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Depends on the state. Many states have at will. That means they can fire you for no vaccine, then fire you for having a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What about people who have been killed or had life changing adverse reactions.

Here is Queensland the argument is being made that the injections are no different to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the workplace. And that the safety and effectiveness of that PPE should have been thoroughly tested to ensure that it also protects the person utilising that PPE.

Clearly that has failed.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yup.

To add onto that, policies and guidelines, both internally within a company and externally from the government, routinely change. OSHA is big on what they call "lookbacks" where they routinely evaluate their guidelines and practices, for example. Internally it's often because of someone's mess up, usually resulting in major loss (employee or material), that causes a change.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

🤷

Employees still need a valid reason.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Here take my spanner

I'm actually shocked people would Rather focus on that and not... why they did it?

What happened to this forum then eh?

Why did it happen??? nobody has answered that logically yet?

And why did it happen in a Chinese/PLA bio weapons lab with a US patented bio weapon delivery system?

COVID is not a virus

Its an ICBM FOR a virus, its the delivery system

We've already established not even locking down the world will stop it

Why are you all still hellbent on going after people with strong ties with the national security state? but not asking about what russia ans china did way before the West? this is where you're all confused IMO

It was used to utterly decapitate a global financial system which given another couple of decades without good reason for sabbotage, would see a CCP 4x time the economy and military superpower the USA could ever become

So the question is silly sausages

Do you want to fight them then? OR NOW?

I think the answer... IS NOW while the playing field is still level

So forget CIA dude Peter Dansak ...everything relating to peters CIA connection is WIPED of ever platform

Why are you not asking why the CCP FAKED its seriousness? Or overreaction? or caution?

We ask the wrong questions on this forum far to often because its absolutely polorised

You got conservative Christians who think they're Russian and far left tankies who think they're Chinese PLA anti imperialists

Its hilarious what the internet has done to people common sense and logic

Get well soon

edit on 11-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Been saying for a long time that they created COVID for the vaccine not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I do know some companies that deal with the federal government as contractors or third-party providers still have these in place. I don't expect those requirements to vanish anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

That'd be a different topic. I'm thinking here soley of people who were terminated by their companies for not taking the shot, then their companies later said it wasn't necessary.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
there will be and some have already started, I am waiting for the big one after medical problems are officially admitted being linked to the vaccine.

Lotta people going to be sued in civil court for the choice of get vaxxed or lose your ability to provide for your family.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not, not the wrong questions. Just more questions coming from the same event. There have been many, many fallouts and resulting bad effects from this debacle.

If somebody is killed because something in their automobile fails, we first want to ask what failed. Then we ask why. Then we ask how a similar occurance can be avoided in the future. Among all of these questions, we're asking what happened persoally to the effected and how there can be some redresss. Lots of questions.

It's narrow minded and sort sighted to ask only one question in a situation like this.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Been saying for a long time that they created COVID for the vaccine not the other way around.

I disagree. There is name (I cannot remember what it is) for poisons that have two parts that must be mixed to be deadly. You can administer the first part and nothing happens, then when the victim receives the second part, it activates and kills.

I think that "virus" and the "vaccine" are essentially if not physically that. the two both do damage, and the two combined do more damage.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Four words: "Americans with Disabilities Act"

Turns out it's not ok to fire people based on personal medical status (e.g. HIV).

Popcorn = ready.

Biden's vax nazis (perhaps more Fauci than Biden, but Biden did nothing to intercede) are going to cost some companies a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I survived all through Covid, caught it twice (confirmed) and had to have an allergist confirm that I can't do PEG (polyethylene glycol).

I'm actually still doing my job but my company had to classify me as disabled.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

🤷

But labor laws that govern companies are not "AT WILL" .

Done.
Next.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join