It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the director of MI5 a Russian spy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's about Roger Hollis. In his youth, Roger lived in Shanghai, where he worked in the representative office of the British Tobacco Company, but suddenly fell ill with tuberculosis in China. With the consent of the company's management, Hollis went to Switzerland for treatment. He traveled from Shanghai in transit through the USSR on the Trans-Siberian Railway. During this trip, he made a stop in Moscow for quite a long time.

In 1938, already in England, he tried to get a job at MI6, due to poor health Holsis was not accepted to MI6. Then Holis applied for a job at MI5. In 1939, Hollis was accepted into MI5 and he ended up in a structural unit that dealt with Soviet agents in England. He worked in this unit until 1945.

In 1953 Hollis became Deputy Director of MI5 and in 1959 became head of the British Empire Security Service. He remained as director of MI5 until 1965, when he retired for health reasons and age.

Roger Hollis passed away in 1973.

And in 1982, a scandal erupted.

MI5 researcher Chapman Pincher publicly accused the late Hollis of working for Soviet intelligence. He cited the following as proof of his assertion.

In Shanghai, Roger Hollis had friendly relations and repeatedly met with well-known intelligence agents of the foreign department of the OGPU and the Comintern, such as Ursula Kuczynski, Richard Sorge, Agnes Smedley.

According to Pincher, Hollis' stay in Moscow was long enough for him to study there at a special school. During his work in the unit that dealt with Soviet agents in England in 1939-1945, Hollis never achieved success. He did not reveal a single Soviet or Comintern agent, of which there were many in England.

In 1956, according to Pincher, it was Hollis who alerted Soviet agent Kim Philby to his impending arrest, which helped Philby escape.

Pincher also cited the testimony of Gouzenko, a cipher clerk at the Soviet embassy in Ottawa, who defected to the British side, that an infiltrated Soviet "mole" was working in MI5 in a high position.

After Chapman Pincher's statement, a great fuss arose around the name of Roger Hollis and his activities.
British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher responded to all Pincher's accusations that the government did not have any materials that would confirm the version of Hollis's betrayal.

The Soviet secret services did not utter a word on this issue.

So guess if Hollis was a Russian spy?

(According to I. Lander)

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Blasted thing those Moles, not only are they threat to your herbaceous borders and vegetable patch but they ruin your intelligence network's, we all had them though Russia as well.

(Humour aside it would not surprise me).

(and in defence of real Moles they are good for the soil and while they may eat worm's they also eat pests, not great for golf courses or lawn's though)

edit on 31-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

we all had them though

From Wiki...

Oleg Antonovich Gordievsky, CMG (Оле́г Анто́нович Гордие́вский; born 10 October 1938) is a former colonel of the KGB who became KGB resident-designate (rezident) and bureau chief in London, and was a double agent, providing information to the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) from 1974 to 1985.[2] After being recalled to Moscow under suspicion, he was exfiltrated from the Soviet Union in July 1985 under a plan code-named Operation Pimlico. The Soviet Union subsequently sentenced him to death in absentia

Very true but RT wont admit to that, it doesn't fit his agenda...

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Moles in the West can be attributed to the disabled. After all, they are blind from birth.
You are terribly intolerant.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

For your information, Oleg Gordievsky was not arrested and the British were allowed to take him out in the trunk of a car for one simple reason: his arrest could lead the FBI to find a Russian superspy in the USA, Aldrich Hazen "Rick" Ames.
Gordievsky was released, and Ames supplied Russia with high-quality information for many years.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Funny that the The Soviet Union subsequently sentenced him to death in absentia then??
Following your usual habits I see......

edit on 31-7-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Normal practice. Traitors of this level are sentenced to the highest measure in any state, including Britain and the United States.
edit on 31-7-2022 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Normal practice. Traitors of this level are sentenced to death in any state, including Britain and the United States.

Please show me when the last British death sentence was passed and compare that to Russia?
Wait....is'nt Mad Vlad still killing prisioners now as well as inoccent people in another country fighting against their occupation?

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You probably know very little English. Re-read my comment again, I wrote "the highest measure according to the current criminal code."
Learn English, colleague.)))

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It's funny how the OP only took you 3 minutes to write and then translate and post??

My English is fine, and your attemps at insults as a defence are very sad. Learn English, comrade!

You obviously don't know your facts, but thats already been proven in lots of other threads....
Since the 1998 Crime and Disorder Act became law, the maximum sentence for treason in the UK is life imprisonment. We no longer execute people unlike your country.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You don't have to go off topic.
I wrote "the highest measure according ".
You wrote "to death".

Who among us does not speak English well?

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Oleg Gordievsky was not arrested and the British were allowed to take him out in the trunk of a car

You implied that the USSR allowed Oleg Antonovich Gordievsky to escape and I replied with.....

Funny that the The Soviet Union subsequently sentenced him to death in absentia then??

You then stated that this was normal practice...

Normal practice.

The death sentence isn't normal pactice in Great Britian and hasn't been for a while.

You need to understand and write the language better and these misunderstanding wouldn't happen!

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

It's funny how the OP only took you 3 minutes to write and then translate and post??

My English is fine, and your attemps at insults as a defence are very sad. Learn English, comrade!

You obviously don't know your facts, but thats already been proven in lots of other threads....
Since the 1998 Crime and Disorder Act became law, the maximum sentence for treason in the UK is life imprisonment. We no longer execute people unlike your country.
And we all know why Tony Blair wanted that changed don't we?The treasonous piece of you know what.
No doubt you voted for him and his destroy the UK Labour Party.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And that post proves my point. it links to my post with nothing you've stated proven right

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

And we all know why Tony Blair wanted that changed don't we?The treasonous piece of you know what.
No doubt you voted for him and his destroy the UK Labour Party.

You know what they say about assumption? Because your Scotish should I assume you voted for little Krankie? Tony Blair should be prosecuted, simple as that.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

But you haven't proven ANYTHING. One words.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Are you ready to destroy the Scots again, calling them cattle, for the sake of your globalist idea?
Keep in mind that the Scots will vote for their freedom and independence, and Russia, along with the entire civilized world, will support the Scots. If you need it, it will support you with missiles, shells, aircraft and special forces.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

But you haven't proven ANYTHING. One words.

You can't even post a sentence that makes sence?

One words?

Do you know what you're typing?

You seem to try to post only postive threads about Russia and twist anything negitive posted by anyone but enjoy posting negitive threads about other countries, like it's your job or something?
There's compatriotism and then there's blindly following, thats how Nazisim took hold and how Mad Vlad has become Russia's dictator.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Of course I know what I'm talking about.
Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, then separate counties of England.
Russia will always support the aspirations of the people for Freedom, Independence and Democracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join