It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd encounter today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Ye gads!

Thank dog your buddy was with you (see what I did there??)

Most people we just pass by and don't think twice. But that behavior is a bit more out of the ordinary.

I am down here in Anchorage and we have many more drunks than weirdos. But our weird ones are special! We have a lady who screams at the top off her lungs while pushing her shopping cart down the sidewalk. Those types, no problem. But one that follows you??? Uh, no thanks!

Glad you "serpentined" your way back home!!

Tactical walking who would have thunk??

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Demons are on the Loose for sure.
Be vey Cautious.
The Times are Changing many strange things to be Seen Heard and Felt.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The same as tactical driving. Cops especially city cops dont grasp that concept to well. take 2 lefts.then 3 rights. 1 left again 1 right..drive straight a few blocks rinse repeat till tail is lost. then ditch car or switch plates.

I only had 1 time i showed i was armed to someone. I was doing security at ESAB in SC. We had been told if someone is stealing stuff just let them since it was all insured. Well the thieves seen me in the guardhouse and tried to break in. So i just got uo racked teh 12 gauge pump and they ran like their asses were on fire.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I also prefer concealed carry.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
so, it's just me and the mini me for the week so I took off from work got up early went to take Kira out again and the front door of the building has a cypher lock on it so just as we stepped through the door she alerted again, and that guy was back apparently off whatever bad trip he was on or was just surprised I don't know.

He was about 6 feet from the door, and we came through as he turned around and there, she was 70 lbs of muscle tensed up but not moving or growling. (Previous owner chopped her ears pretty badly, so she looks mean when she tenses up)

He quick stepped across the road and around the police station she refused to move from the stoop of the building till the guy was out of sight.

even then her head kept turning to where she lost sight of him, nothing threatening this time, and the same malevolent feel wasn't there but the guy still seemed off.

So I am rolling with a drug addict, so just the normal erratic crazy to worry about, I think.

really didn't want to, but guess I need to make my side arm a part of me till we move out of the city.
edit on 1-8-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Yow. Again, stay safe. Good that you have an alert dog.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

We have the option here in Mich...open carry is cool to. I've had my CCW-CPL since Miami 1974....so I do not.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Came across this awhile ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Id believe anything my dog alerts me to.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Drugs or not, spiritually, you and your spiritual friend are on the right track to assume danger. Remember Austin Harrouf? FSU college wrestler that was not on any drugs when he went berserk and killed a Florida couple in their garage.

www.wpbf.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Bear spray would work too.. it is Alaska after all!!

Too bad we passed Cinco de Mayo!!

Your safety is a concern for us too not just your dog!!

Stay alert!

Thanks for the update!!

@yuppa, did you see the robbers hit the convenience store with guns and the clerk pulled out a shotgun?? The would be thief left screaming,”he blew my arm off!!” They were arrested later at the hospital. Besides showing your “piece” the only other gun safety rule that I know is “only aim at something you are willing to kill”. Which is why I am not a hunter and barely a fisherman…. In Alaska!!! *smh*

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

what you don't carry, if i lived in a Permitless state i damn sure would and not even worry about a stick or rock totten SOB.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Your creepy dog walk brought back a memory.

I’ve met lots of “off” people in my fifty plus years but yours and your dog’s feel from that guy seems different to the regular “off” encounter.

In my twenties I hung out with a sketchy crowd and ran into my share of bad guys and weirdos but one encounter was different, that’s what popped into my head when I read your tale.

A buddy and I ended up at a dealer’s house to pick up a vacuum cleaner of all things. A buddy that bought weed from him had paid for it and had asked us to pick it up.

While we were there a guy arrived with a daypack. Looked fairly clean cut and well kept. His eyes and something else about him were very very off. It wasn’t something one would notice, it was some sort of force that kicked you in your face.

The dealer dude seemed uptight and edgy all of a sudden and we took the hint, downed our bottles of Kokanee, grabbed the Electrolux and bowed out.

When we got outside my friend turned to me and he looked pasty white - he’s from Guatemalan so it shocked me. He said “Holy sh** dude, that guy was the effing devil!”

I agreed and asked him why he felt that way but he didn’t have a clear answer just like myself.

Anyway, we both survived our twenties and we’re still close friends today. Our families get together a few times a year and evil devil dude has been brought up a few times over the decades.

And dogs are never wrong about a person’s character.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join