It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to China: We’re hosting world’s largest naval exercise, in Pacific

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The U.S. is hosting the world’s largest naval war games in the Pacific ocean this summer in a loud message to China.

The participating countries include Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, the Republic of Korea, the Republic of the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

I think If I were China I'd see this aa a thinly veiled threat.

China has expressed opposition to both the Quad and AUKUS. Australia, the U.K. and the U.S. announced AUKUS in September of last year, along with plans for the U.S. and U.K. to share their highly secretive nuclear submarine propulsion technology with Australia. China was quick to condemn the new trilateral security arrangement, saying it “has seriously undermined regional peace and stability, intensified the arms race and undermined international non-proliferation efforts” and reinforces a “Cold War” mentality against China.

I don't know about others, but this administration has me more worried about its policies with each passing day. Some think it's all a pre-planned push to usher in a One World Government, and that may be. I see it as death. A LOT of death. Destruction to our planet in unmeasurable ways is a certainty.

[americanmilitarynews.com...]

On the Taiwan front, things look a little shaky too.

The United States Department of State has put back a statement that it does not support Taiwan independence in the latest update of a fact sheet on U.S.-Taiwan relations, the removal of which on May 5 triggered a strong protest from Beijing.

The latest version of the fact sheet, published on May 28, states that "we do not support Taiwan independence," a phrase which had been included in the fact sheet since at least 2018 before it was removed from the previous version on May 5.

"We oppose any unilateral changes to the status quo from either side; we do not support Taiwan independence; and we expect cross-Strait differences to be resolved by peaceful means," the fact sheet read.

[focustaiwan.tw...]

Biden has been hardcore concerning Russia, but seems a bit passive-aggressive with China. Maybe I should be glad I can't figure out what the heck is going on behind the big curtain.

edit on 500000077America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Cool.

Wonder what the price of diesel will be by then.

At the same time I wonder how many of those countries get their energy from russia.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

RIMPAC is held every two years. Every iteration, with the exception of 2020, has roughly 20-27 nations, and as many as 55 ships, and 20-25,000 personnel. RIMPAC is the largest Naval exercise in the world, in general, not just this year. China participated in 2014, and 2016. They were invited in 2018, but were disinvited over the South China Sea buildup.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think If I were China I'd see this aa a thinly veiled threat.

Why ?
This happens all the time .
The words are "readiness"and "cooperation" .

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So rimpac?

Nothing new, just some twit decided to try and make it into a threat.

I spent a month in hawaii for rimpac one year, by far the best tdy I had in 20 years.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We used to love RIMPAC, because the ramp was full with stuff we didn't normally see.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yeah because China wasn't already in an arms race.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

RIMPAC is held every two years. Every iteration, with the exception of 2020, has roughly 20-27 nations, and as many as 55 ships, and 20-25,000 personnel. RIMPAC is the largest Naval exercise in the world, in general, not just this year. China participated in 2014, and 2016. They were invited in 2018, but were disinvited over the South China Sea buildup.

I'm aware of that; my concern is the state of world tensions.

"China was quick to condemn the new trilateral security arrangement, saying it “has seriously undermined regional peace and stability, intensified the arms race and undermined international non-proliferation efforts” and reinforces a “Cold War” mentality against China."

I think a great deal of diplomacy is called for to ease tensions, and I don't have any confidence that our present administration is up to the task.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

China has a population and real estate problem they will have to make a move sooner rather than later, what we do or dont do will not matter with them.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thoughts on China sailing intelligence gathering spy ships off the Australian coast? Placing sanctions on our key exports? What about the agreement with the Solomon Islands where they absolutely definitely promise they won’t build a military base? Or what about the fact their foreign minister this week pitched an economic and security agreement to our 10 closest pacific neighbours? Or the airspace incursions in to Taiwan?

Yet you’re ‘concerned’ about a regularly scheduled naval exercise?

Flex the muscle and remind me what they’re facing I reckon. My opinion is of course biased by the fact they’re trying to surround us with dodgy security agreements with our pacific neighbours, are grossly over populated and eyeing off sparsely populated resource rich Australia.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I think If I were China I'd see this aa a thinly veiled threat

I would say that's an open threat!

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

An open threat to conduct a regularly scheduled naval exercise?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You do know this is held like every 2 year right? As a matter of fact China has participated in it in the past.

edit on 3-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I do! I also know the relationship we have with China has been growing more tense as time goes by under our present administration. I also know Biden's diplomacy skills aren't proving to be as sharp as I'd like to see.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Given Biden's history, him going after China is like biting the hand that feeds him.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: peaceinoutz

An open threat to conduct a regularly scheduled naval exercise?

I should perhaps have said 'Biden's posturing". If you feel comfortable with Biden's abilities to handle the situation, knowing tensions are getting more strained between the US and China as time goes by- you're braver than I.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Given how the US/EU are forcing Russia to move closer to China/Russia.
That might not be a good look.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Yet you’re ‘concerned’ about a regularly scheduled naval exercise?

To be honest with you, I'm afraid of an all-out nuclear war because we have a bunch of idiot hotheads trying to out-bully each other, and they're not shooting marbles. I'm not sure any of them give a rats butt about MAD, and would rather see a little more diplomacy around the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

yup

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

China has a population and real estate problem they will have to make a move sooner rather than later, what we do or dont do will not matter with them.

I have every confidence when Biden does his 'tough guy' act for the cameras and calls Xi a cold-blooded killer it will matter, but probably not for long.

Commentors are acting like we've got a real president that doesn't stick his foot in his mouth every time he opens it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join