It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A solution to school shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The best suggestion anyone has had so far is arming teachers or having armed guards at schools. Let the bad guys know that they will meet with armed resistance if they try something. The problem there is many teachers are devoutly liberal and do not want to carry firearms. It isn't right to force them to do so, although the concept has already been proven effective. After 9/11 we didn't ban air travel, we secured the cockpit and armed the pilots. We haven't had a problem since. Some have tried, but none succeeded.

We just gave $40 billion to Ukraine. Based on the number of elementary, secondary, and combined schools in this country, 130,930, we could put 4 armed swat team members for $70,000 a year each at every school and still have $3,339,600,000 left for extras like insurance, ammunition, drug dogs, etc. Or, if we want to be really creative and efficient, we could put our homeless, unemployed or under-employed veterans in these jobs and pay them $70,000 a year each to guard our schools and solve two problems at once. They signed up to protect our nation, lets pay them for their services and protect the most vulnerable and innocent among us - our children.

link

$40 billion a year is a lot of money. Right now our country sends more than that to foreign nations every year. In 2019 we sent $47 billion to foreign nations. The answer is right there. We just need to care more about our own people than those of other nations. We need to take care of home first. When home is safe and secure we can help anyone who needs it. I am not cold hearted, but I can not justify letting our own children die to save someone else's.

link

It seems to me the answer is well within our reach but our leaders aren't interested in actually solving the problem.
edit on 28-5-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
A better solution to stop school shootings is....shut all the schools and do zoom school.
Lol.

edit on 28-5-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Want to feel sick to your stomach?

Have a gander at how much congress spends on personal security at taxpayer expense.

Minding that those numbers dont include presidents SS detail, past and present.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
A better solution to stop school shootings is....shut all the schools and do zoom school.
Lol.

And force parents to give up jobs to stay home with the kids or hire someone else to be there. Not everyone can work from home, and that is going to change back to people in the workplace at some point. Employers like to have direct supervision of employees. Its not a viable solution.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You are correct. It is sickening. When it comes to their own safety they know exactly what to do - throw money at armed guards round the clock security details. For the rest of us? Nope.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We could just declare that schools are no longer fun free zones.
Then nobody would know who is and isn't armed.

When was the last time you heard of 5+ people getting shot in a public area where citizens were allowed to carry?

Last one I can think of was Vegas.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Want more?

Federal buildings are gun free zones.....well except federal agents. Marshals, FBI etc.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I agree with the concept but it still leaves open the possibility of disaster. Put the guards at the entrances and make them plainly visible. Most criminals aren't the smartest bunch. They need visual queues. And any security expert will tell you the best way to guarantee you will be the victim of a violent crime is to look like a victim. Its hard to look like a victim with four armed guards at the door.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

S&F my friend.

But all this wont matter as long as gun control does not really matter to the party that pretends to be worried about the victims. Training people to use guns, off the table they wont accept that. Have more police ? They have been defunding the police. Have a good alternative solution. They dont want that so it wont happen. The only thing they are interested in is taking away peoples ability to defend themselves against their comunist ambition.

Case in point :

Antifa Loon Gets Probation After Shooting Into Crowd Trying to Kill A Family

He shot at a car with a family in it who where on their way home and consequently hit 2 of his other commie protestors. They gave him 5 years probation. Now compare this to Jan 6.

And as i stated, the shooter is of the party that is against guns. I rest my case.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2022 14:41:08 -05002220225America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For the money we are spending in Ukraine, each kid could have a personal bodyguard. Hell, each class should have its own retired drill sergeant.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I agree. This party is a disaster.

When it comes to protecting their own they have all the answers are will do whatever it takes. The rest of us? Nope.

One of the reasons this administration and its party get away with this crap is because there is no real plan out there to offer as an alternative to their lunacy. I hope I have outlines one here. At some point we have to line their jackassery up next to a viable solution and let people make up their own minds on what they want - more ineffective laws meant only to disenfranchise American citizens, or a real solution to a real life problem...

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Maybe try creating a society where school shootings aren't the norm (like every other country in the world) instead of paying taxes to live in a society where you have to have armed guards/police swat teams 24/7/security experts to try and prevent school shootings.

Either that or hire 'ex' school shooters to be teachers as they'd be a better deterent due to their prior history.
edit on 28-5-2022 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh yeah, arm school teachers. That’s a brilliant idea, what could possibly go wrong?

Of course, you’d have to make sure they were highly trained just to ensure there were no mishaps.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think that teachers' not propping a door open would prove helpful.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good luck trying to get that through with a teacher.

You have to know that a studied full time teacher is one of the most reality detached individuals, you will be able to find, when it comes to living in a bubble and echo chamber. Been to school all their life, that's also work but they live in a bubble and have often no idea about what goes on in companies or the industry.

Good luck getting them to accept and use guns, I am afraid just a few will opt for it and the rest will be canon fodder because they now have an even bigger crosshair on their forehead. Teacher is now prio no 1 for those disturbed individuals.

I support the idea but it will fail because of the above reasons.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Schools are so dangerous now that they must all be closed immediately, no zoom school either, all assault schools must be completely banned.

Especially those with large magazines in the teachers lounge or black colored doors.

We will be entering every American home to ensure that every American child is protected from reckless parents who might allow unsupervised access to schools.

edit on 28-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Maybe try creating a society where school shootings aren't the norm (like every other country in the world) instead of paying taxes to live in a society where you have to have armed guards/police swat teams 24/7/security experts to try and prevent school shootings.

Either that or hire 'ex' school shooters to be teachers as they'd be a better deterent due to their prior history.

You mean like Mexico?
Where many many people get shot every year?

Or africa?
Where Macheti's are the most popular next to guns.

I could go on but i end it with this one,

how about England ?
With their Knife pandemic and huge knifes are even hidden around parks. A country where there is a full gun ban where even the police does not carry guns,

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2022 14:53:03 -05002220225America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
For the money we are spending in Ukraine, each kid could have a personal bodyguard. Hell, each class should have its own retired drill sergeant.

It is of course also interesting to see how the anti gun party is giving 40 billion to a country to buy the most advanced and deadly guns and other weaponary.

Next to the 30 million Biden has spent on crackpipes for drug users.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2022 15:02:07 -05002220225America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Society pretty much agrees that killing kids is bad.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Pretty much every demographic of kids who were forced to do remote learning had their math, reading, science aptitude levels drop by 10 - 20% over the last 2 years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join