It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our universe may have a twin that runs backward in time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

A wild new theory suggests there may be another "anti-universe," running backward in time prior to the Big Bang.

The idea assumes that the early universe was small, hot and dense — and so uniform that time looks symmetric going backward and forward.

If true, the new theory means that dark matter isn't so mysterious; it's just a new flavor of a ghostly particle called a neutrino that can only exist in this kind of universe. And the theory implies there would be no need for a period of "inflation" that rapidly expanded the size of the young cosmos soon after the Big Bang.

Our universe may have a twin that runs backward in time

So here's a science story from last month which I just came across. It stuck out to me because as some of you may know I've been posting about a so called "Twin Universe" model for many years now. This twin universe has an opposite arrow of time, meaning time flows backwards. Over the last few years I have seen more and more scientists warming up to this idea of a twin universe, although twin may not be the best word since it probably looks very different to our universe.

I have made a few threads explaining how such a model can help solve deep problems in Cosmology such as dark matter and dark energy. However I haven't heard this idea about right-handed neutrinos creating the effect of dark matter. It seems like an interesting idea but I'm skeptical and I have many questions, like are these neutrinos moving backwards in time? Do they exist in our universe or only the twin universe? Are both universes isolated from each other or can they interact?

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder on Apr, 27 2015

It's impossible to get something from nothing, therefore negative energy must exist in order to balance out the positive energy of our universe. When you add up all the negative energy and the positive energy the result is zero because the negative energy cancels out all the positive energy.
It essentially postulates that at the moment of the Big Bang, an equal amount of negative and positive energy was created, but because the negative energy is moving backwards through time it actually creates two different "twin universes" which sprout out from the big bang. In a sense they are like parallel universes which are able to interact via the force of gravity.

Bimetric Relativity, Twin Universe Cosmology, Negative Energy

And here's my most recent thread on the subject for those interested:
A possible solution to dark matter and dark energy
edit on 12/5/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In that universe youth wouldn't be wasted on the young!

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
This might explain how it is that both sides of our political spectrum so adamantly espouse the notion that the other side is living in an upside down world. Maybe these two universes on either side of the big bang are reflective of one another and indeed it may be that time does not flow backward but rather it is that time flows in one direction just a different speeds and that how our brains are wired is the cause of this dimensional difference in existential perspectives that are at the base of these political perspectives. '

If we hold that the big bang was not far far in the past but rather a continuing explosion of consciousness based on two very close but different speeds of the time flow it could be now that the dependencies in that flow are coming to light and manifesting in these two very different existential experiences of reality.

edit to add

Besides, I wonder if we can consider that time flows not only forward from one side of the big bang and backward from the other side, isn't that rather limiting? The Big Band having only two sides? MIght it not have near infinite sides with an infinite variety of speeds and or directions of time flows?

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2022 14:33:58 -0500Thu, 12 May 2022 14:33:58 -050022052022-05-12T14:33:58-05:00200000033 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I've always thought this was true. Except, we're the ones in the upside down, backward time running universe. The future shouldn't be pointing toward chaos, in my opinion.

edit on 12-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here we have a similar approach based on euclidean relativity.
arxiv.org...#:~:text=A%20model%20is%20deduced%20in,times%20are%20all%20in%20one.
The superimposed universes are four and means to move from one to another are clearly described.
A clear definition of time travel is also provided.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I would think a reverse birth in reverse world.. would not be fun for mom or the kid, ew

Oh and death.. you getting hoisted up at the ground and crawling out of your coffin.
edit on 12-5-2022 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Meanwhile in mirror universe there is a fire

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If we’re just gonna make stuff up, I’ll try too:

There’s a theory that there’s another universe, but its actual reality is BIGGER than an infinite universe… But it’s not just like the equivalent to “infinity plus one.” It’s actually at least one more than infinity BEFORE infinity is even infinity.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If I understand correctly, this model is basically saying that the twin universe does look similar to our own universe. For people living in that universe, it would seem like time was moving forward, we might not even be able to tell which side of the big bang we are living in.

The model I propose is somewhat different, the other universe looks nothing like this universe. It contains negative energy/matter and that matter behaves very differently to normal matter. But that behavior can help explain things like dark matter and dark energy.

Whereas this new model predicts the existence of a new type of neutrino in order to preserve the CPT symmetry of the overall universe. It's a fairly interesting idea but I'm still skeptical this new type of neutrino could fully explain all the weird properties of dark matter.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Concepts are like a containment field they constrain and restrain... if you look for mind it cannot be found as it was already in action before you looked making it lost aside from that looking for the mind is not a physical action one can see where one's mind has been but as soon as you do your mind replaces it.

The reality of all is mind means it has been placed everywhere that it could possibly be placed by countless individuals so many times that a concept called mirror neurons have developed so a mirror universe is going to make sense only because so many minds have been placed or contained in the concept of a universe as an existent thing instead of a thought experiment or theory so all of us dwelling in that mind? Silliness... and those that say that come back and say we are all one or equal in the eyes of god as god is just experiencing himself... um that sounds like masturbation; please have your god go experience himself somewhere else?

The body pain is pain from a splinter to a burn we've defined it as just pain so here we have occam and his razor taking infinite cuts or types occurrences and reduce them to nil with big bold letters PAIN so now we have an expansion and contraction of that guy's brain that coined universe... but using pain to do it oh no... you can't take occam's razor to PAIN! It might just disappear altogether if you keep doing that with all the things we've broadly labeled as pain...

So lemme take you through a right now example... in the ball jointed bone of my left hip attached to the pelvis; is it pain? Theoretically yes... but getting at the theoretical nerve endings there is a heat and an elongation of theoretical fibrous tissue so heat yeah that's good to counteract the cold so oh yeah there's the medical apply heat... heat is already there no no MORE heat why? It's worse than the amount of heat going there already so once removed that little tiny heat you had is nothing what do you mean nothing... pain gone? yes see now it's nothing... basically the heat is still there but the extreme has tricked the mind into oh the heat retreated not knowing there was a bigger army of heat.

I mean if we all can live in this one guys finite but yet infinite universe as he pleasures himself as a concept why does that sound so strange or weird?

I'm sure the Sith can mind trick too; But the Jedi's want to claim it all for themselves... Of course many have realized to be a master of the force you've already went to all of those extremes of light and dark good and bad and so equally guilty of both good and bad light and dark *ploop* right on out of the loop cancelling each other out. I've encountered people like that too come to the darkside experience what i've experienced... impossible even if you say it is the same thing we being two different people not the same thing at all universes apart even.

The question is why go through all of these mental hoops and loops has the idea or concept that all the mind and body could experience at any point in time including space that it has to be controlled or limited or constrained or restrained by a wall or something we decided to call a universe... billions of years from now traveling 3 to the cubed sub root of a lightspeed neutrino polarity engine POW! Like a bug on a bumper... Whut happen? Thousands of years go by to answer Whut happen... seems these idiots in the 20th century constructed something called a universe and we ran smack dab into it... Oh NOes! moving along... POW! Whut happen? Another universe? Pfft impossible... thousands of years later; Um it actually was another universe but apparently this time it was a mirror one.

Isn't it enough to say whatever it is just works until it doesn't and when it doesn't thats when to innovate or fix something? Millions of people in that dudes head called Universe...

*click*

edit on 13-5-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reminds me of the book Counter-Clock World by Philip K. Dick

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Stuff taking a crap, or rather getting a crap, in that verse.

edit on 13-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I've always thought this was true. Except, we're the ones in the upside down, backward time running universe. The future shouldn't be pointing toward chaos, in my opinion.

I like that. It makes anti-time easier to grasp.

Our arrow of time moves towards entropy, or chaos.
The arrow of anti-time moves towards negentropy, or order. (yay I learned a new word!)

I agree we are probably in the "upside-down" universe.

If that is how it works, then I think humans could probably live normal lives in anti-time. We wouldn't age in reverse we would just be moving in a different direction, whatever that is. Of course we probably couldn't interact with anything in that universe since it's probably full of negative energy and antimatter and be extremely dangerous to our form of life.

I wonder if there is a civilization in the anti-universe? If it's moving towards order then I wonder if that universe is more conducive to civilization? Could the UFO's we see be scouts from that universe? They must think it's so bizarre that there are actually living things in our universe.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It makes for some good sci-fi doesn't it?

Imagine if we are in the "anti-universe" where life shouldn't exist. Time running towards entropy isn't conducive to the development of life, which operates on order. DNA is like a computer program. We still don't even know how the first amino acids assembled the first living thing. It's explained away with handwavium "randomness" because randomness is just how this universe works.

What if the orderly universe is where life originates from? That Universe grew a massive, galactic-spanning empire with incredibly sophisticated technology and they started exploring this one?

Maybe seeded life on a planet to see what would happen?

To their horror, life became twisted by entropy. It morphed into a massive tree of life "evolving" into countless different forms, most of them twisted and miserable. Pain and suffering became the norm. Eventually one form of life developed sentience and technology and started building what they consider a mockery of civilization.

They tried to end the experiment and bombarded the seed world with nuclear weapons, but the life-forms somehow survived and kept growing.

All they can do is look on with horror at what they've done.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Spiders only exist in the anti-universe!

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dineutron

Your reply is very interesting concerning Euclidean relativity.

I have a similar approach. Although i do not agree with time travel or time running backwards.

A comment about anti-particles being "Just a particle travelling backwards in time" is also something i disagree with. It doesn't fit with the positron. Which is an anti-electron. And, i would correct it with an anti-particle is a particle in opposite coordinate and of opposite charge.

My model is based on quaternions and octonions. Although i have changed the terms i/j/k for L/H/W (length/height/width) as it is describing a space/object. Which, in turn seem connected to the Poincare Groups 3+3+(3+1) dimensions. Where, the 3+3 are a fixed set and a rotational set of superimposed dimensions which form a coordinate system. The (3+1) set are 3 spatial plus 1 spacetime dimensions and are boundaries/borders between the colour charges of the quarks. They are offset to the 3+3 sets. And, are represented in black in the diagrams below. Although, only 3 of the (3+1) set can be seen. The other 1 dimension runs through the centre in the line of sight.

The first diagram shows positive divergence as a set of valence quarks, negative divergence as a set of anti-quarks
and zero divergence as the superimposed sets. Also shows a quaternion equation.

Second diagram shows 4d system. Octonionic. Where an additional 4 dimensions (3+1) become active instead of consequences as in the first diagram. They transform the 3d system into a 4d system.

The singular coordinates (up, down etc) are represented as Pion's with a quark/anti-quark pairing.

The relationship between up and down etc for example are tetra quarks and are in 1/3rds of a K meson. They are also quadrupoles.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So in that Universe, we get younger and eventually climb back into moms womb, We might bounce between the Universes, Born grow old over here, Then reverse over there.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That'd be cool if both universes approached the same point in time from opposite ends and we high fived each other in passing.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me considering;

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Rev 1:8

I had this thought awhile back the first time I read an article about this, which turned about to be false according to a fact check done by USA today dated May, 28th 2020. Source

I see from a search that the same article the OP posted was shared recently as last month through different outlets.

Would be nice to know for sure.

On an unrelated note, I do have a theory that we also live in a simulation. If we were living in a base reality, there would be no prophecy and yet God's word is perfect in it's accuracy.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Does that suggest there is and "end" to time in our universe -- which would be analogous to the beginning of time in that twin universe?

If so, what would make time end in ours universe? If not, what would be the event in that twin universe that marks the beginning of time as they perceive it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join