It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Housing costs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A property in my area sold for 2050000 last Saturday.

I make 80k a year.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I don't work directly for a company...my gigs are either through the union and under their contracts with the various production companies or its freelance directly for the production company. Freelance I can kinda name my rate but they can also not use me if its too high.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Prices are nuts in this city of 300,000 even though we've lost around 3,000 of the highest-paying jobs over the last few years. Over 2,000 pre-pandemic.

The middle-class is disappearing right before our eyes. Affordable housing is not even in the ballpark of keeping up with our needs, even though thousands have fled in recent years.

Food is higher here than in the lower 48.

We have a growing population of working homeless who can't earn enough to afford decent housing and can't qualify due to a lack of a good credit rating to get past the application process. We have our share of slum-lords who take advantage of that by charging more for rent, creating a trap for their tennents.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Was talking to nurses on my unit and theirs has gone up 200-500 a month. One came from NY, hers went up $2000/month she said thats why she moved here.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Last summer there was a lake house I was thinking about buying for 300k. It's up on the market again now for 1.8 million.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Housing and land cost rising while inflation also rising.

You will own nothing because:

The government printed a bunch of money
They gave it to their cronies
Their cronies are buying up all the property
They're renting it and charging you everything you can afford
This is driving up housing prices
A higher housing value means the state can tax the owners more
Your salary increases can't keep up with inflation
Pretty soon your salary won't even be able to keep up with the taxes you're being charged

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's the reverse. Rent is going up because housing prices went through the roof.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's the reverse. Rent is going up because housing prices went through the roof.

Doesn't matter when you step back and see that it's a vicious circle in either direction.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It can't keep repeating though, as wages aren't going up. So soon enough prices have to crash.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It can't keep repeating though, as wages aren't going up. So soon enough prices have to crash.
No it won't.
This is all pre-planned, all done on purpose. To bring down the middle class, to the same poverty level as the poorest.
You will own nothing and be happy

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Thus the downfall of American farming and affordable rents for small businesses.
Pure and simple greed.

No comments.

a reply to: olaru12

Call it greed if you want. I'm not getting any younger; I always thought that acreage would be my retirement as I've always been selfemployed until recently and SS won't cut it.
btw.....I'm keeping the mineral rights and the oil and gas leases.

The small American farmer is a dying breed. Corporate farms are taking over...Capitalism pure and simple; Lover it or Leave it.
edit on 11-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This Is a Housing Crisis

Not a popular topic, but thought the vid was well done, eXtremely depressing, but with some cold hard shocking truths in which the Xiden clown administration is blitzkrieg'ing right over like it doesn't exist on top of massive local state mismanagement of funding in EVERY state + Wall Street corporate greed. America may look like humanitarian crisis out of Africa by end of this decade. Gotta send billion$ to Ukraine.
Technocracy & Co: We're working hard on that and will deliver a solution soon! You will own nothing and be happy.

But, we'll make sure you have Internet access.

KHON2

Fox29 Philadelphia

San Francisco Public Press

Disaster Zone in Philly

The Oakland, California Homeless Problem is Beyond Belief

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You should see what the fema nurses make on traveling contracts. Upwards of 6k a week and housing stipends. My wifes aunt is a traveling nurse and she is getting around 4k a month and 600 a week on housing stipend.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The house I bought a year and a half ago has increased in value about 22%. The raises my company gave out this year averaged about 5%.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You should see what the fema nurses make on traveling contracts. Upwards of 6k a week and housing stipends. My wifes aunt is a traveling nurse and she is getting around 4k a month and 600 a week on housing stipend.

Firing all the nurses and turning them into travel nurses when covid hit has really screwed hospitals. They are doing everything they can to discourage travel nursing.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That’s crazy.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i saw a bit about someone renting out bunk beds in san fran for 800 a bed.

it looked like a nice barrack. i saw maybe 5 in a room.

anyone else see it? i saw it on fox.

oh here. www.cbsnews.com...

Bay Area housing startup offers sleeping pods for $800 a month

In the latest sign that the U.S. housing shortage is reaching crisis levels, a Bay Area startup is offering bunk-bed style pods at $800 a month for up to 14 people to live in a single home.

Brownstone Shared Housing, an eight-month-old startup, bills itself as a short-term solution for students or people working on temporary jobs.

Its Palo Alto home houses 14 people in a house with two bathrooms, a kitchen and plentiful communal spaces. For $800 a month, residents of the home, which is close to the Stanford campus, get utilities, internet, a work-from-home space and access to a sleeping pod.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Wow. What state?

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

South Carolina. Here are some houses with huge price increases. In certain areas every house in the area has a sharp 200-300% increase in the past few months.

350k-650k
www.zillow.com...

200k-500k
www.zillow.com...

160k-450k
www.zillow.com...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

thats sad. i was telling my wife how great housing was there when i was stationed in SC. I was gushing, you could rent a full 3 bedroom house for only like $600 a month.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join