It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronic fatigue sufferers, what has helped?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Lots of sun. Lots and lots of sun. Also, himalayan rock salt instead of any other salt. Lots of water. Deep breathing exercises as often as possible. If anything, train yourself to breathe more deeply all the time as standard, but especially after waking or before sleeping. Fasting. Our bodies storage of fat takes energy to manage so...don't be fat. Thats it from me.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A state of dispassion with some aspect of your life is probably the source.

When looking at the major areas of one's life that it is said that fulfilment comes from?

Many people are in a state grief over it and either know it or do not... if you have to put on airs or dodge a subject when questioned either it sems from being in a state or denial or trying to move past whatever it is and others keep trying to yoke you to it.

For example people still trying to pretend one's step father is your dad when you know and sort of always knew that he wasn't your real father. So used to "living" the lie and not wanting to come clean with it because of so many people those guilty of not saying the truth too and just allowed the assumption to continue... sort of leaves one's hands tied in such a situation even as an adult.

Another example: The government when it came to the topic of drugs? Lie to your children when asked if you have or have not done any illicit substances in the past past of the just say No policy. That idea changed into a just be honest with them... some folks despite the government say lie to them as policy? One decided no not gonna do that and also at the same time being told or expected to lie to them decided not to trust the government when it came to choices for children as an enactment could later be denied or choose to blame the other party for the policy and get away with it (plausible deniability).

Allowing ignorance on some topic to reign is of course the opposite of education... the jury of peers is of course what changes policy due to shared experience of those generations if the government expected two to three generations to lie to their children about any personal experiences what was the government's plan to enact on those two or three generations?

Anyways look at the five stages of grief... If by all accounts of anyone's asking? "Yeah, I'm fine." Especially when you know it's some sort of situation that is out of your hands or beyond your control such thing is a-typically diagnosed as a major depressive disorder... sure what has past is beyond one's control however changing one's behaviors personal programming of avoidance and conditioning towards or into the future is not. So learning to listen to your responses to others as almost an automatic one can find those "areas" and recondition them for a better outlook.

Major areas of some grievance:
Relationships and roles; Those of:
Parents; please note anyone looking at theirs and how they were raised seem to think they could have or would have done better that's only because you've only really shared your view in treatment... the important thing is to catch yourself "being them" when it comes to your children to not raise them in the same way you felt mistreated.

Significant other(past, present, future) Patterns; same hair same eyes same qualities? Who are you trying to replace or create as an ideal is such a thing realistic and or fair?

Friends (past, present, future)Patterns, do they all drink etc? are they all from work? would you drink or talk about work without those sorts of friends? Sometimes people pick friends for excuses as an adult still blaming John or Jane up the street for that pronographic stashed away magazine is kinda silly... if some significant other sees it do you want hem in the parent role of mommy or daddy and is such a thing healthy and fair to do?

That so called sense of shame is really just avoidance or not allowing oneself to be who you really are. What people call self acceptance is really finding out all the excuses you make to do what you are going to do anyways as that's just you... and not making any excuses for it some people also call it living authentically. Others acceptance of you is much easier without the excuses as and that's what most people have already known but then get scared as the excuses keep going and the facade not dropped means no trust and honesty is occuring. Such a thing is called going through the motions or living a life of what people expect is sociopathic behavior... of course such a thing also avoids confrontation and fights. However the trope is "Quiet and always kept to himself."

Job; I found that making sure is is something you don't mind and enjoy doing but not your passion is best... being greedy with your passion(s) and only sharing them with the significant other helps with the bonding and trust. If it is your passion it becomes a love hate relationship and no one else can't really get it except for other professionals that have made the same mistake of making their passion also their work; elevating and getting the field to a science with such people is a larger than all of you situation when it comes to a group... so it's best to think of how musicians are taking their voice through it to the world solo acts are always in a make it or break it situation and end up not knowing genuine from disingenuous and since it is your passion? You can end up wasting a lot of time and energy on people that really don't care about whatever it is(like Johnny on the spot news interviews). Subconsciously, when people get "work" friends that's what they are trying to do but get those friends in the wrong place... and when on a date asking "what do you do" is stupid as it's also trying to fill those shoes and it comes of as more of trying to find a partner in your passion or a muse to it rather than a real relationship that reciprocates each others needs as that individual has passions too and if work was one of them he or she would be busying doing that instead of out on a date escaping it. Plus working in a group of those in the industry but not specifically that firm; as a passion no one cares about the firm its the subject itself... firms shouldn't get paranoid but they do only because a group that has the subject as their sole passion and drive threaten the entire established ground and don't want it shaken up.

There are more areas but look to what is being grieved like a loss by listening to one's basic responses to others. Of course there is also a path to energy of giving before you get as in really learning to listen or not think while someone else is talking and take a genuine interest in what they say; rare in medium to large cities that anyone takes interest in the individual unless it is their job and they are getting paid for it and when it comes to that end such a thing is rare as there's more individuals inline meaning if they once cared over time they will get to a place where they won't and "I'm fine" is how they start to go about their work and routine with others. Just as bad as those that educated and entered the field due to the monetary gains and title of it as the only real motivation for being in the field, going through the motions pretending they care about it is likely their only real difficulty and also sociopathic in nature.

Maybe this helps OP? If not perhaps some readers. If it is something out of your hands then time as philosophers used to say is the only cure the virtues gained from time is patience and humility in the meantime of that being also frugal is wise as since it is not a situation you want to be in such situations may compound before they get better so that nest of frugality comes in handy nothing wrong of course spoiling yourself with one thing that some may call a vice and being shameless about it no harm... "training" in the removal of self shame.

edit on 19-4-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This worked well for me, it's basically very high dose magnesium, wouldn't get the supplements from there though, source them cheaper elsewhere. Anyway the literature provided free gives quite a logical premise for low energy levels and instructions on how to fix it.

therootcauseprotocol.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrabs3000

I’ve been dealing w chronic fatigue as well and here is what I discovered:

Many people dealing with fatigue may be pre-diabetic and not know it. If you also urinate more than usual it is highly likely. I never considered myself a candidate since I’m fairly thin but you can have fat around your organs and it doesn’t have to show.

For a person pre diabetic, eating anything w sugar / carbs will cause fatigue. Even healthy carbs like sweet potato, potato, brown rice, etc. If this is the case you have to dramatically lower your carbs. Make it 20% of your intake. The other 40% being meat, and other 40% vegetables. You can replace w cauliflower, brocolli, etc. Eat lots of greens but not too much cruciferous veg. Stop snacking in between meals and try to eat everything together as oils and fiber slow down the breakdown of carbs into glucose.

This has made a dramatic improvement for me and I no longer fall asleep after I eat and don’t get tired as often.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Lectins from legumes and grains and other foods can cause inflammation and contribute to fatigue.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrabs3000
Try a relaxing technique that will really help your Vagus Nerve.

With several studies finding increased rates of autonomic nervous symptoms (ANS) in ME/CFS, Yoga Nidra’s ability to reduce ANS symptoms such as headache, chest pain, palpitations, abdominal pain and anxiety is intriguing.

www.healthrising.org/yoga-nidra-or-lucid-sleeping-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-and-fibromyalgia/

All you have to do is lay down and listen....
I highly recommend this one:

Just type into yt:
"Yoga Nidra 20 Minute Guided Meditation"...... it's Lizzy Hill channel.

edit on 20-4-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Also, what do you think of inversion tables for alignment and decompression of the spine?

I used an inversion table for 2 years, twice a day for 5min; And now only when my back hurts.

It worked wonders for my lower back pain.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulworn
Lots of sun. Lots and lots of sun. Also, himalayan rock salt instead of any other salt. Lots of water. Deep breathing exercises as often as possible. If anything, train yourself to breathe more deeply all the time as standard, but especially after waking or before sleeping. Fasting. Our bodies storage of fat takes energy to manage so...don't be fat. Thats it from me.

I was going to mention this too. Over the years I've really started to breathe in a shallow way. I'm very cognizant of it and am trying to correct it, but it is difficult!

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I'm so sad that your post was hidden within this thread. This should be an entire OP of it's own!

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When I don't edit what I write it appears to lack coherence; so if it is hidden perhaps it's for the best,

The approach is applying the five stages of grief and loss to the major and minor areas of life; when it's typically only used for coping with the death of someone else... such a thing has brought wisdom to A lot of situations. Like if you wanted a marriage to last when you got married and it didn't... how is that not a "death" the stages allow one to bury or cremate that part of yourself and that dream that it was going to last and move on in acceptance.

People sometimes ask after a long absence; did you or do you think of me? I have to laugh and honestly say no; but it's only because I've already been through the stages accepted their and what wases death... it's a blow to their ego when it isn't a yes... but i've got bills, hobbies and other stuff going on... add that lonely teardrop in the bucket; dragging a bunch of corpses around in the hell of emotional regret just isn't my style. It doesn't have to be anyone else's either as it isn't healthy or freeing to oneself or anyone else.

edit on 20-4-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

What you said about jobs is soooo on point. I am exceptionally good at gardening. I can grow almost anything.
I’ve been approached by drug dealers (before a lot of mj was mainstream). I’ve had neighbors want to hire me, people want me to help them, you name it. I’ve always responded with “You can’t afford me”. Sounds very arrogant but it is very true. Nobody can afford the cost of my happy life hours. That is just for me and my family. People are very turned off by my saying they don’t ask twice!! Ha

When people visit my gardens they are in awe, it is indeed a magical place because I pour my heart and love into it and you can freaking feel it! I do share it and it’s blessing with many friends and pretty much anyone that asks. A stranger online asked for some of my flowers and I have plenty to share. It makes me happy to do so. I am also happy to teach people.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulworn

Just a quick update for anyone wondering.

I did B12 sublingual supplement for some time, significant improvement for about 10 days. Then I got gut issues, gas, hard stools, etc, which always leads to severe cognitive issues for me, and oh lord as someone who works fulltime I really couldn't function at work.

Stopped the B12, a week after that, gut issues started to reside. Sunlight however always makes my general well being improve. Unfortunately not much sun reaches these northern parts of the world.

However I started using my near infrared light contraptions again after being unsure if they actually had an effect, and they certainly do help.

I'll keep your breathing input in mind.

Regarding fasting, I daily do intermittient fasting of 18-20 hours, as it helps. Although longer fasts are way more beneficial in my experience, it's just that I've haven't had the willpower to perform a longer fast for years.And I'm lean , but being heavier certainly has a negative effect on my general well being and energy levels after getting sick (to a much greater extent), so valuable input!

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One of the best ways you can do is to take a good look of your diet. If you have tried everything to adjust your lifestyle, there may be lacking in your diet. A lot of times, fatigue can just be caused by poor diet. It's given to also exercise. It doesn't have to be super intense. I find that slow walks in nature really works well.

I've also taken a few supplements but one of the best that I think worked for me is vita relax, it used to be called vita mag 375 but I guess they changed the name. Not gonna lie it's kinda pricey but works for me so you might wanna check it out

chronic fatigue is the worst so i hope this helps

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join