It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronic fatigue sufferers, what has helped?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
May not be many of you on this forum. But anyone suffering from chronic fatigue, or fatigue in general or due to an underlying condition, what has had a positive effect?

In the past I've spent tens of thousands on supplements, and I'm non the wiser. Zero carb diet works (for a short period, then my gut starts acting up) water fasting helps (difficult to combine with work however), sun exposure helps and possibly near infrared light therapy.

Other than that, some probiotic formulas, but homemade kefir and probiotics are much more potent, especially consuming kefir grains. The herxheimer reaction from kefir grains however have been quite significant in the past, so I'm assuming it's mostly gut releated.

Considering a fecal transplant, but wondering if one should either do an antibiotic treatment beforehand, or an extended waterfast, to clear out most of the existing gut biome, to maximize the effect of a fecal transplant.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrabs3000

I've found dramatic improvement in fatigue and mood by cutting out refined sugar. Just refined sugar. I'll eat any natural fruits and what nots.. but no more popsicles, gummies, candies or ice cream etc..

I know it sounds unpleasant, as I'm a sweets lover, but it was well worth it.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

I've found dramatic improvement in fatigue and mood by cutting out refined sugar. Just refined sugar. I'll eat any natural fruits and what nots.. but no more popsicles, gummies, candies or ice cream etc..

I went low carb many years ago, and kept at it for like 7 years (when I was at my sickest). After that, I can eat refined sugar without it affecting me in any tangible way. Before that, sugar was a no go. But currently, it has no negative short term effect that I can perceive.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Using a full spectrum light box for ten minuets each morning during the winter has made a world of difference. SAD tends to go along with CFS and several other maladies, as is the case for me. I take D3, as I tend to run on the low side.

I've found stress to be a huge factor in CFS and fibro myalgia, and do my best to keep levels as minimal as humanly possible.

I've not found any diets or supplements that were noticeably effective, other than my D3. I also take a multi-vitamin just because.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrabs3000

originally posted by: Infinitis

I went low carb many years ago, and kept at it for like 7 years (when I was at my sickest). After that, I can eat refined sugar without it affecting me in any tangible way. Before that, sugar was a no go. But currently, it has no negative short term effect that I can perceive.

FWIW I agree on dropping the refined sugar even if you feel no noticeable effect. all it can take a while for noticeable differences when changing diet. That said I dropped 30 pounds from doing nothing but eliminating all sugar, I even watch my natural and fruit sugars.

If your body doesn't burn it, it stores it, which makes your body compensate for storing it, or atleast that's how it was explained generally to me.

So many other factors though, stress can lead to health issues.

are you getting enough sleep?

Fluid intake and medications Ive had to tweak how much I drink and when and what medications I can take.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

In the past I've spent tens of thousands on supplements, and I'm non the wiser.

Get a good spectrum of blood tests and someone who knows how to read them. Turns out I had low Neutrophils, low white blood cells count, and had a problem absorbing vitamin B12. Now, I get weekly B12 injections and I feel almost totally back to my old self.

edit on 19-4-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Pain sucks. It wakes me up every morning.

Best strategies for me:
Room dedicated to sleep. When you go in there to sleep it should be close to pitch black.
Go to bed on time. Let your brain wind-down beforehand.
Rub your feet with lavender oil and foot cream just before you lay down. Flip-flops are your friend.

Avoid alcohol.
I use a dose of CBD oil if I feel twinges of pain.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Definitely get blood tests to help narrow down the possible deficiencies.

4000 iu of D3(upper recommended limit) for a period to allow build up in fat tissue so as to increase base levels.

K2 to keep the D3 from moving calcium into the blood stream.

Magnesium to help better absorb the D3. Also soak in a bath with salts.

Orange juice or vitamin c supplement.

NAC supplement for help with liver and lung function.

Exercise to increase cardiovascular capability, something like HIIT(high intensity interval training) if possible.

Yoga and stretching. Limbering up the body helps to relax everything and reduces cortisol levels, also daily walks in nature if possible.

Meditation to reduce stress levels.

There is a new supplement that I use, but it's not tested enough to recomended yet. Seems promising though if you wish to give it a shot:
4’-DMA-7,8-DHF

Always consult with a physician before taking the supplements.

Hope you are able to find a way to beat it. Best of luck on your journey.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I agree with those who talk about cutting sugar out of your diet. My wife cut sugar out of mine, I lost weight, my hands don't feel swollen anymore, and I have a lot more energy. I will still eat an ice cream from Diary Queen from time to time. It is my weak spot.

Also if you haven't heard of monk fruit give it a look see. My wife started using it to replace the refined sugar, we don't eat a lot, but when she does make something that calls for a sweetener she uses monk fruit.

This is the actually the one we use:

Monk Fruit

I can't stand artificial sweeteners, and wouldn't use them anyway. This stuff tastes like real sugar, no bitter after taste, and is better, without the calories.

Also MCT oil in my coffee in the morning helps with giving me energy.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't get this but I've heard that vitamin D and iron deficiencies will make it worse

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I have CFS and was diagnosed with it in 1992. What I have discovered that really helps is drinking a lot of water; and a regular half hour nap daily.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Years ago I read a study linking salt restricted diets and CFS.

I looked briefly and couldn't find it. If you avoid salt you may want to look into it.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irikash

Definitely get blood tests to help narrow down the possible deficiencies.

4000 iu of D3(upper recommended limit) for a period to allow build up in fat tissue so as to increase base levels.

K2 to keep the D3 from moving calcium into the blood stream.

Magnesium to help better absorb the D3. Also soak in a bath with salts.

Orange juice or vitamin c supplement.

NAC supplement for help with liver and lung function.

Exercise to increase cardiovascular capability, something like HIIT(high intensity interval training) if possible.

Yoga and stretching. Limbering up the body helps to relax everything and reduces cortisol levels, also daily walks in nature if possible.

Meditation to reduce stress levels.

There is a new supplement that I use, but it's not tested enough to recomended yet. Seems promising though if you wish to give it a shot:
4’-DMA-7,8-DHF

Always consult with a physician before taking the supplements.

Hope you are able to find a way to beat it. Best of luck on your journey.

Taking D3 and magnesium. Although I find sun exposure either through uvb-lamps or sun to be far more effective than D3 in reducing fatigue and brain fog. Regarding K2, K2 mk-7 and also mk-9 has no discernable effect on me, but mk-4 did indeed have an effect. Although, it's the animal based version and isn't found where I live, and is also quite expensive, so I've only ordered a couple of bottles of it a few years back.

I'll check out Eutropoflavin. Thanks. Tried low dose naltrexone? Never tried it myself, but used to be the rage back in the day when it came to CFS.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

In the past I've spent tens of thousands on supplements, and I'm non the wiser.

Get a good spectrum of blood tests and someone who knows how to read them. Turns out I had low Neutrophils, low white blood cells count, and had a problem absorbing vitamin B12. Now, I get weekly B12 injections and I feel almost totally back to my old self.

I've taken blood tests in the past. Went to a private clinic way back, and they reccomended Acetyl-L-Carnitine, really didn't have any effect whatsoever, even the placebo effect didn't do anything. Not going back to any doctor anytime soon, unless someone who specializes in CFS and is willing to experiment with alternative treatments, i.e vitamins, nootropics etc, and has vast experience with patients in that regard

That being said, yesterday I bought some high dose sublingual B12. Feeling a bit better, too early to tell tho. Might experiment with some transdermal or nasal spray b12 (or snorting pure b12 powder as some do) later down the road

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Pain sucks. It wakes me up every morning.

Best strategies for me:
Room dedicated to sleep. When you go in there to sleep it should be close to pitch black.
Go to bed on time. Let your brain wind-down beforehand.
Rub your feet with lavender oil and foot cream just before you lay down. Flip-flops are your friend.

Avoid alcohol.
I use a dose of CBD oil if I feel twinges of pain.

All this and a high velocity floor fan for white noise .

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I doubt I have CFS but I have the unfortunate lethargic version of ADHD where my brain spins out of control but my body lags behind as if air is thick, honeylike. The meds help a little but the only thing I've found that helps overall is taking vitamin D3/cyanocobalamin daily. D3 is involved in red blood production so any lack would lead to feeling fatigued. There are people who can't break down the regular type of D3 so despite taking vitamins they may still be lacking. Never tested to see if that was the case with me but the difference is radical for me and regular D does nothing.

It wouldn't hurt to try this. Any little improvement is great.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sun, healthy diet and exercise. Soon as I found out it was all linked to blood and nuron flow things got better fast. About the time I started getting healthy vein pumps without having to work too hard to get it was better.

I got blood work and my sister was a little low. So I was going to do the health kick and then testosterone replacement after I got it check the next time. Which the healthy lifestyle and blood pumps increased my test. Made it easier to get up and get going. Helped with the mental fatigue as well.

So in conclusion naturally cleaning out my arteries and increasing natural testosterone is what did it. In conjunction with spinal decompression and alignment excercises.

I have a background in athletic training and Human Performance so it was easier for me than most. Blood flow, test, nuron flow (spinal alignment and decommpression) proper hydration and nutrition was the keys.

Also helps with depression. As a lot of elite athletes go through depression and maybe on the top of the world. Most all of them came to find out it was their diet causing the depression.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Chronic fatigue sufferers, what has helped?

“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.” HST

Actually...I concoct a mix of CBD/THC tincture and microdose daily. It works well....

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You all need to be looking at your ICV (Ileocecal Valve) and your VN (Vagus Nerve)
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Hi, can you describe a couple of effective exercises for spinal alignment and decompression (or link to some)?

Also, what do you think of inversion tables for alignment and decompression of the spine?

Like this type of thing: Link to image

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join