It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Home Podcast Ep 11 out now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Good day to all my fellow ATS folks.

We just uploaded Broken Home Podcast episode 11.
With April Fools day approaching, Mark - my cohost, shares quite the epic April Fools prank him and a group of friends played on one of their poor, trusting friends as kids.
This dang kid thought he was going to jail for life for selling a friend some beer.
Im not going to divulge anymore, but im pretty sure you all will find it pretty funny.

Towards the end of the episode I pose a question that id like to hear back from other parents on.
My 13 yr old daughter was caught with some green.
I ask to you - how would you all handle the situation?

As usual you can listen on Spotify, Apple and Google Pods.
The episode will be uploaded to our website tonight for streaming - No sign up required.
that website is brokenhomepod.ca

Or, you can visit the youtube link below to listen.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I saw last night..

1rst to

Edit: i look great in designer Luigi Vittoni.
edit on 24-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

hahah!
Im honestly surprised we dont see name brand masks.
Or maybe I just havent seen them in the wild.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

hahah!
Im honestly surprised we dont see name brand masks.
Or maybe I just havent seen them in the wild.

You know...
After covid hit, you couldn't find mask.
Then cheap paper ones were 2 dollars a piece.

My insurances company sent me a box of hand sanitizer, digital thermometer, bandages and a Purple shiny mask with health insignia.

The plastic cover was written in Chinese.. Made in China.

Here it is, free (wink) from my health insurance.

I make it look fashionably great!

Edit: you guys have the right voices for radio. This would be great national morning coffee radio...

Make Stern jealous.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

name brand masks

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Get her a bag of Doritos?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

lol sorta ended up happening that way.
We just sat her down and talked with her about the dangers of it all.
No grounding or anything like that.

Heck - the only reason why my oldest got into doing that stuff was because she got it from my youngest haha.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Really you think so?
Thank so much!

Im starting to get used to my voice now. But it took awhile.
Mark is the same way. Says he hates hearing himself lol.
But because I do the editing, I hear my voice a lot more than he does.
So im starting to get used to it.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

not listened yet, but as for the question, I'll offer my advice.
As a parent, I didn't want to be a hypocrite and lie to my kids. I told them the truth about drugs, and didn't leave anything out. I took a hands off approach to the green, and explained how it was illegal, and getting caught with it would be problematic to their future. that was a radical different approach than I or my wife had growing up. Well, 3 kids, one didn't really care for alternative substances. one is deep into the darkest places that exist due to not following my advice on staying away from certain things, and one was "the guy" for most of his buddies in HS, and now is a great adult with a bright future. Seeing the end results, I wish I would have been a hard ass about it and forced religion on them. I don't know if the outcome would have been different, but I feel like I would have been able to claim "I did my part", rather than feel as if I failed that one in a big way.

Showing them examples of what happens when you go down the wrong road may be the best option. But I'm batting 66%, so probably not the guy to take instruction from, more like learn from my mistakes. They don't come with instructions and they aren't all the same, so I suppose there is the challenge we all love so much.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Come to think of it.

Can't you buy a fabric mask and put the designs on yourself? Print something on paper and iron it on?

D.I.Y. like I did these. Fwi.. those are painted.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
SMACK!!!!

That was the veiny pink!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

haha yes it was!

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well after the talk she straight up said to me how she will probably be doing it again.
What I left out in the podcast was the other day we went to the grocery store after i picked her up from school.
I parked facing the road because directly across from there is the methadone clinic.

I didnt say anything at first, we just sat there in the vehicle parked, while I sipped my coffee.
An it didnt take her long to notice the... undesirables hanging around outside the place.

I told her thats where people go when they either get busted with narcotics, or they want a steady source of their "fix" or when they legitimately want to quit the substance they're addicted to.

I explained to her which substances result in having to go to places like that and how probably every single one of those people, under their addiction, are good people or once were.
And how those people are lucky because they get the choice to go there, because in that life style, a lot of people end up dying as a result from it.

I think it opened her eyes a bit. She definitely didn't idolize what she was seeing.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You made these?!

Those are fantastic!
Are they Airbrushed?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hand brushed with HD acrylic. Plaid brand paint.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Those are aweome

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

that sounds like a good option. I keep hoping we get a happy ending in all this, but the odds aren't great. I don't know how I was able to avoid all that, other than knowing myself well enough to know with my addictive personality, I don't need to introduce addictive things to my lifestyle. Quitting smoking sucked so bad, I made a vow never to do that again. If I smoke again, it's for life. I had good enough friends to steer me away from the (what I used to consider)hard drugs. I just don't know how to articulate that in a meaningful way just yet. Raising a grand kid offers me another chance. I just hope I don't fluck this one up.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Funny question.

First time I busted my daughter she was devastated..lol, she seriously thought the world was going to end..I just told her if she was going to be dumb enough to deal in contraband then she needed to be smart enough at least to learn how to smuggle better. Then I 'tested' the substance and asked her if she would like to join me..which she angrily refused, then I asked her if she wanted me to get her a fake id so that we could go 'hustle' some drunks...she got the point and has since developed some discretion.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You wont mess it up.
And what im learning, is that no matter what we tell our kids - most are just going to go do what ever they want anyways and will learn just like we did.
Hence my daughter saying shes gonna smoke the green again lol.
I showed her the tip of the iceberg of the horrors associated with an addiction.
Hopefully, I can drive it home enough to keep her out of it.
Thats pretty much all I think we can do.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

HAHA nice!!!
I say thats a complete win right there!

How old was she?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join