It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to restore old gif smilies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
While ATS was down I got to thinking what has caused ATS to lose the large member base it once had. Of course there are many reasons, and a major one is the lack of advertisers due to the nature of the content on ATS. But I think ATS also lost a bit of it's charm over the years as the theme was updated. Some people prefer the older theme but I actually think the current theme is fairly clean and modern looking.

However I think most of us who've been around a long time can agree on one thing, the old gif smilies were way better and most of us didn't like the new ones. Those smilies were practically the mascots of ATS and they really added to the charm. Back in late 2013 I even created a greasemonkey script to restore the old smilies and make a few other tweaks to the ATS theme.

Probably wont work any more since it was made for a slightly older version of ATS but I'll probably update it when I get some free time. But if the admins decide to restore the old smilies there wont be much point updating it. If I recall correctly we got these current smilies because the old ones used more bandwidth, but I doubt it makes much difference and they should be cached by the browser for regular visitors anyway.
edit on 21/3/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would love this!
I have most of them saved in my uploads.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I kind of just meant those grayscale circle guys, but those other ones had some charm lol. These were my faves:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: AccessDenied

I kind of just meant those grayscale circle guys, but those other ones had some charm lol. These were my faves:

Oh yes! Those as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I also have many of them in my uploads. I saved them all to my computer years ago. Most people aren't gonna do that though, and of course it's much more convenient if they're right there beside the box you're typing in. I hate the new ones. I rarely use them at all. I keep the codes for many of the older ones on a text document on my desktop. Easier access.

edit on 3/21/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Do share the codes please brokencircles. I love the older emotes too , over the new ones

edit on 21-3-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
Wow! Few there that I'm missing!

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Just quote my post(without replying) and you can copy them.

I suppose I could do this though. This is exactly how I have them on the text doc. I just named them whatever to help remind me what they are.

CHEERS

HMMMM

SLAPPY LAUGH

HAPPYCLAPPER

BIGSMILE nomovement

BlackHatDorkySmile

GraduationCapGenius (I think the original title of this one was 'Smartass')

Cheerleader Pink PomPoms

Crying Emot

YIKES emoji

OHMY emoji

EyeRoll LooksUp

Looksaround Woopsmile

BoxingEmoticons KO

GoofyGooglyEyes

Flophead Emoticon

PunkRocker

OrderInTheCourt Emot

GimmeBeer Emot

2 drunken emots

Guillotinemot

crawlingSPIDER Emot

flieson#

nanananoonoo

Fishing Emot

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oke thanks. I'll try the first two

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Yes , that is a Good Idea . Ideas are Precious Like an Original Thought Without Thinking......)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Here's a few others that I already had uploaded here.

lol @ "a FEW others"... I didn't realize I had that many.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This fight is nearly a decade old.

New Emoticons or we riot!

I miss the old ones too.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
a reply to: BrokenCircles
Wow! Few there that I'm missing!

Probably some more in my last↑ post that you didn't have.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I remember my favorite back when used to be the uzi emote.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For those who don't know you can open up Windows emojies on Windows 10 pressing the "Windows" + .

(●'◡'●)(❁´◡`❁)╰(*°▽°*)╯☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆(*/ω\*)(^///^):-)^_^:-Dಥ_ಥ(┬┬﹏┬┬)ᓚᘏᗢಠ_ಠ(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻( ´・・)ノ(._.`)( ´・・)ノ(._.`)(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ಠ_ಠ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ(ˉ﹃ˉ)(•_•);-):-P:-(( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(¬_¬ )(¬‿¬)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)¯_(ツ)_/¯(T_T)(⊙_⊙
^_^^_____^OwO^o^(∪.∪ )...zzz(^∀^●)ノシ!(* ̄( ̄ *)(_ _)。゜zzZo(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ(* ̄3 ̄)╭( ´・・)ノ(._.`)(*  ̄3)(ε ̄ *)( ̄︶ ̄*))ヾ(•ω•`)o(。・∀・)ノ゙(ToT)/~~~(❤´艸`❤)(⓿_⓿)ผ(•̀_•́ผ)(〃` 3′〃)(●'◡'●)(ง •_•)ง(ಥ _ ಥ)( o=^•ェ•)o ┏━┓o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ(っ °Д °
っ/_ ( ̄ ‘i  ̄
( *^-^)ρ(*╯^╰)(>人<;)≡(▔﹏▔)≡(#_▂Д__ω< ))o╰(‵□′)╯(~ ̄(OO) ̄)ブ(⊙x⊙
(╬▔皿▔)╯o(≧口≦)o ̄へ ̄(︶^︶)( ˘︹˘ )╚(•⌂•)╝ヽ(≧□≦)ノ(*  ̄︿ ̄)╰(艹皿艹 )___*(  ̄皿 ̄)/#____( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮o( ̄皿 ̄///)╰(‵□′)╯( ̄ε(# ̄)_

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I remember my favorite back when used to be the uzi emote.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I decided to update my userscript so it works with the newest version of ATS. You can download the script here and you will also need to install Tampermonkey (a browser plugin available for most browsers).

top topics

join