It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News banned on Telegram , why ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

NOBODY else wielded such a weapon.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

RT: Russian officials tell everyone exactly what they plan to do.

Western MSM: We have no idea what Russia might do next... Vlad could nuke us any minute now.

Derp.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: ancientlight

I cannot open RT from the U.S. I have to set my onion to come out in Russia to open their website.

I'm able to open RT without issue here (in Connecticut).

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Western MSM: We have no idea what Russia might do next... Vlad could nuke us any minute now.

Derp.

Another item in a long list of supporting evidence for the concept of Manufacturing Consent

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Russia is a bastion of the free press, but we (in the West) are supposed to be above this, protected from attacks on the journalism e.g. "the Free Press", "the Fourth Estate".

We mock Putin for ridiculous laws punishing "fake journalism".

Nobody notices, however, that our "news" is completely controlled and not really "free".

There's no point in "attacking" our press here, as they are already entirely controlled by the government/intelligence community, and have been for a long time.

We don't have to worry about the government attacking the press, here, because for all intents and purposes, the government *is* the press, and the press is the government

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Derp.

Another item in a long list of supporting evidence for the concept of Manufacturing Consent

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Russia is a bastion of the free press, but we (in the West) are supposed to be above this, protected from attacks on the journalism e.g. "the Free Press", "the Fourth Estate".

We mock Putin for ridiculous laws punishing "fake journalism".

Nobody notices, however, that our "news" is completely controlled and not really "free".

There's no point in "attacking" our press here, as they are already entirely controlled by the government/intelligence community, and have been for a long time.

We don't have to worry about the government attacking the press, here, because for all intents and purposes, the government *is* the press, and the press is the government

You nailed it... This is just like 2020, they're basically hiding information from the people. Some people, like most of us in this forum are smart enough to go look for the "truth" but when they try their best to hide information, it makes me very suspicious. Maybe it's all propaganda, who cares, I wanna see it, i can make that judgment call. Couple the censorship with people like soros supporting Ukraine, it makes me queasy. I don't like it, at all. Sure we don't jail people for having wrong think, but we do ostracize them, and for some that's just as bad. Just to be clear, I'm not taking any sides here, I really can't because they've hidden one full side of the conflict.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

It's not theater to the people, Ukraine's, and Russian soldiers being killed. If so ita a terrible show that's needs to be canceled.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Western media has long been drifting in that direction, but boarded the crazy train in 2008 and then drove that train straight off the crazy cliff in 2016.

Not sure if our major media can ever recover from what democrats did, but msm doesn't appear to have any interest in even trying yet.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

As soon as all russians leave all Ukraine.

Timing is entirely russia's choice.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The same. Very strange. a reply to: ancientlight

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I just checked and I can open it from Oregon again.
edit on 7 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I've been reading RT news every day for years and they've easily become my favorite outlet. I think they're excellent and tend to present both sides. People who say they're some kind of Russian propaganda machine are full of crap - they just take the time to explain things that other outlets don't cover.
Take this article, for example:

Officials halted the planned evacuation of civilians from the Ukrainian-controlled Azov Sea port city Mariupol on Saturday, accusing Russia of continued shelling despite a promise to provide safe passage.

"The Russian side doesn’t abide by the ceasefire and has continued to shell Mariupol" . . . the council said

brief pause in the Russian offensive

Moscow attacked Ukraine last week, arguing that it was defending the DPR and the neighboring Lugansk People’s Republic . . . Kiev said the invasion was entirely unprovoked

Ukraine has accused Russian troops of shelling residential areas in Kiev and other major cities, including Kharkov. Moscow maintains that it only targets military sites, such as airfields and radar stations.

Source

In the same article, we see the Ukraine "conflict" called an offensive, an attack, and an unprovoked invasion. We also see accusations of Russia violating a ceasefire and shelling residential areas after breaking a promise to provide safe passage for civilians. If RT was tightly controlled Russian propaganda, you'd never see that sort of language used.

I used to watch RT for the hot chicks every day and after a while I decided that they are in cahoots with the US ptb. Just like we have a left-right duopoly that work together in the western system we have a global East/West duopoly that work together to frame opinion and funnel desired outcomes. The global ptb wanted inflation so badly for so long but the only excuse they could come up with was some nonsense about supply chain issues that could not be explained by anybody. They needed Russias help right. US and Russian elites have been working together since WW2.... Cold War was fake... Seriously you guys. Remember that RT show Watching the Hawks.... I mean Jesus Christ. They employed Oliver Stones son.... Oliver Stone.. HA! In my opinion that guy is a bit suss... Acts as some almost but not really controlled opposition on behalf of the US ptb... His son gets a job with Russian state media.... HA! What about that stupid RT tonight show. Redacted Tonight? Redacted something. WTF?

Global elites have more in common with each other than they do with us proles...
edit on 17-6-2022 by thelastman because: error

edit on 17-6-2022 by thelastman because: error

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join