It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News banned on Telegram , why ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So there was this channel , RT News , I barely followed but read about on another channel I follow ( Martin Costello official)
RT is banned on Telegram , supposedly because of a violation of local laws ?
Martins channel has a post that proclaims RT was posting messages that were about Russia doing humanitarian things for Ukrainian citizens.
I took a screenshot of a message from the Russian Embassy in Canada :

Now , so either Telegram is now too hindering free speech and anything "pro Russia" or they are trying to prevent left-wing misinformation muddling the waters further.
As far as I'm concerned MSM is anti Russia , so my suspicions are raised and I tend to be pro Russia , as I think Putin is trying to prevent a NWO take-over of Russia. I also read that Putin was one of klaus scwab's(I refuse to upper case his name) "young global leaders"
If this is true , maybe Putin changed his mind or was persuaded to change his mind by someone else.

Or maybe it's all theater. I really don't know anymore.
What do you guys think ?
edit on 5-3-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

Also, as a side though, off course ATS isn't 'free' either. Everything we post here is monitored, and for all I know this site is just for 'controlled opposition'
Why even bother I think sometimes posting here, as whomever will read this is either already awake or a government shill (plenty of them here).

edit on 5-3-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I cannot open RT from the U.S. I have to set my onion to come out in Russia to open their website.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Because there are no sides. There is not good and bad. There is no for and against.

They are all playing the same game, all sides against the middle.

The "enemy." That's you and me. We're "the enemy."

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Because there are no sides. There is not good and bad. There is no for and against.

That was my guess, that's why I posted this

It's very muddled , and confusing , so yes this 'war' is probably all just theater.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

(post by ancientlight removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Russia attempted to use social and other networks as an actual weapon of war.

Many said NYET.

edit on 5-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: incoserv

That was my guess, that's why I posted this

It's very muddled , and confusing , so yes this 'war' is probably all just theater.

This entire fecal feature - from the first WuFlu reports to now - has, IMO, been one big scripted theater.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

:
edit on 2022 3 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   
because sanctions mean no business with russia period, anything that makes russia money is currently illegal. plus its to counter Russian propaganda and seeing how all media in russia is state owned has some obvious implications about their legitimacy.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

You mean they don't want to share that weapon with russia? to think they are not using it on you is naive... I guess the propaganda tickles your confirmation bias hence you applaud it...
You are so stuck in the russia russia russia propaganda, you don't see beyond the fog of war.
Censoring the opposition make one look weak. If your propaganda can't stand up to your opponents propaganda, you are selling weak sauce that smells of fear.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I've been reading RT news every day for years and they've easily become my favorite outlet. I think they're excellent and tend to present both sides. People who say they're some kind of Russian propaganda machine are full of crap - they just take the time to explain things that other outlets don't cover.
Take this article, for example:

Officials halted the planned evacuation of civilians from the Ukrainian-controlled Azov Sea port city Mariupol on Saturday, accusing Russia of continued shelling despite a promise to provide safe passage.

"The Russian side doesn’t abide by the ceasefire and has continued to shell Mariupol" . . . the council said

brief pause in the Russian offensive

Moscow attacked Ukraine last week, arguing that it was defending the DPR and the neighboring Lugansk People’s Republic . . . Kiev said the invasion was entirely unprovoked

Ukraine has accused Russian troops of shelling residential areas in Kiev and other major cities, including Kharkov. Moscow maintains that it only targets military sites, such as airfields and radar stations.

Source

In the same article, we see the Ukraine "conflict" called an offensive, an attack, and an unprovoked invasion. We also see accusations of Russia violating a ceasefire and shelling residential areas after breaking a promise to provide safe passage for civilians. If RT was tightly controlled Russian propaganda, you'd never see that sort of language used.

edit on 3/6/2022 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
------------------
Or maybe it's all theater. I really don't know anymore. ------------quote]

Of course it is all theatre .

That is a standard part of any war and this one has been going on far longer than from when Russia moved into Ukraine .

But why would you ever sensibly consider getting 'news ' from MSM sources .

Does a leopard change its spots etc etc ? Ever ?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Because it's not news, but propaganda, and it's now illegal for anyone at RT news to say anything against Putin.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Yep, I've just looked at it through a proxy and it still seems pretty neutral.

Censorship doesn't sit well with me, no matter who's the target.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
If RT was tightly controlled Russian propaganda, you'd never see that sort of language used.

Want to know how you are wrong? It's illegal and will result in 15 years in jail if they post anything not approved by the Kremlin.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

This is neutral?

Moscow's mission to demilitarize Ukraine
Russia's Permanent Representative to the UN Vasily Nebenzya has insisted that, through the invasion of Ukraine, Moscow is exercising its right to defend itself from a neighboring country that is seeking to acquire an arsenal of nuclear weapons. Speaking at the Munich Security Conference last month, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky touched on Kiev's decision to hand over its atomic armaments under the Budapest Memorandum, inked in 1994, in exchange for security guarantees.

Some observers interpreted this as the former Soviet Republic looking to renounce its non-nuclear status.

So Russia's invasion is defensive, not offensive, because Ukraine is going to launch nuclear attacks.
www.rt.com...

The DPR, which broke off from Ukraine shortly after the 2014 coup in Kiev, claims Mariupol as its territory.

So Mariupol isn't really part of Ukraine even though the people in Mariupol think they are.

The statement came after a failed attempt to organize a similar evacuation from the besieged cities on Saturday. At the time, Russia and Ukraine agreed on a local ceasefire and several safe routes. However, Mariupol officials later called off the plan after accusing Russia of shelling of the city.

So Russia didn't do anything, it was a failed attempt and the blame lies with the city not the fact Russia never stopped shelling them.

I see nothing on RT homepage about the protests going on in Russia.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
T
edit on 6-3-2022 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

RT was an excellent news channel. I enjoyed seeing Dennis Miller back in action. But, once the war began, the editorial shift on RT was fast and furious. We can forget about any balanced reporting on either side. You know what they say about truth being the first casualty of war. For all practical purposes, we are at war. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. Good luck trying to figure out who's the good and bad guys now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join