It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older vulnerable people told they are discriminating if they dont want unvaccinated carers.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have a one bedroom apartment in a block that at the moment 45 people live, we have 24 hour care, i have a broken spine.
Recently we had a vote that only included lucid tenants and got 15 votes where we said that we only wanted vaccinated staff to care for us after 1st April 2022.

The manager has said that is discrimination, we feel that it is a public health issue, and isn't discrimination, what do you think?
We are all vulnerable people who don't need to be tainted with the word discrimination, it is free choice not to be vaccinated, but if we choose vaccinated staff it is up to us.

Part of the minutes of the tenant's meeting are below with managers comments:-

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It’s discrimination because you are discrimination based on a medical procedure.

Fear is the mind killer. Old minds are scared old minds are dead.

a reply to: AstroStar

edit on 26-2-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

If you are vaccinated, then you are as safe as you can be. You will need care, and when you are laying on the floor, wishing someone could come pick you up and take you to the bathroom, is your first concern going to be their vax status?

Live every day as if it were your last, knowing that it probably isn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Agreed. Covid vax status should be so far down the list It’s written on the desk, to be removed later by the janitor at night.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AstroStar
I have a one bedroom apartment in a block that at the moment 45 people live, we have 24 hour care, i have a broken spine.
Recently we had a vote that only included lucid tenants and got 15 votes where we said that we only wanted vaccinated staff to care for us after 1st April 2022.

The manager has said that is discrimination, we feel that it is a public health issue, and isn't discrimination, what do you think?
We are all vulnerable people who don't need to be tainted with the word discrimination, it is free choice not to be vaccinated, but if we choose vaccinated staff it is up to us.

So you are double vaxxed and boosted and I assume will continue to be boosted, yet you still have to have vaccinated caregivers?

Makes absolutely no sense, for one reason as the days weeks, and months go on, there will be fewer and fewer caregiver persons fully vaccinated.

ie today they are fully vaxxed, but is the UK still making people get boosters every 6 months?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Why would it matter, the vaccine for your caregiver would offer no protection for you. Frankly the vaccine is a sick joke.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The vaccines won't stop you spreading or catching SARS‑CoV‑2 virus or the resulting Covid-19 disease. You're free to take whatever medical procedures you feel necessary, as to the medical status of others, it's none of your god damn business. These people are offering you care, have some courtesy.

By definition you're being discriminatory.

discrimination
dĭ-skrĭm″ə-nā′shən
noun

Treatment or consideration based on class or category, such as race or gender, rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice.

edit on 26/2/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AstroStar

It is discrimination.

The vaccines neither prevent infection of the care givers, nor transmission to you. Also, they are very limited in preventing your infection, especially with new variants.

Therefore, it is trying to limit people from employment due to not taking an experimental, ineffective medicine.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
not vaccinated?
don't apply
problem solved

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If you are vaccinated, then you are as safe as you can be. You will need care, and when you are laying on the floor, wishing someone could come pick you up and take you to the bathroom, is your first concern going to be their vax status?

Live every day as if it were your last, knowing that it probably isn't.

Right, Covid has turned people's minds to mush and a dwelling of propaganda.

If the vaccines do what they are now claimed to do: reduce severe symptoms, but not prevent infection or transmission, then literally it doesn't matter if another person is vaccinated or not. The op can get covid from either a non-vaccinated person or vaccinated person. If the vaccine does reduce severe symptoms, then it should be about protecting op once he or she gets covid from someone.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

Logic, the enemy of medical fascists.

Reeeee, but feelings, hysteria and outrage should trump facts.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

No matter. You all are under a head physician's care...and signature.

You have basic medical rights.

And if so...you can be discharged because...you are conditionally refusing it.

You really can't .you got in there...Soooooo sick..enuff to be hospitalized ..you signed in for treatment...and....that's it.

PS: There is always a Patient's Bill of Rights you must sign when admitted. You do have rights.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Most here seem like you should take your chances with the unvaccinated instead of hedging your bets with the vaccinated.

Discrimination though? No. Just ask anyone if they'd like to be in a room with someone with Ebola. The answer would be no. Why? Because there is more of a chance of getting it around someone with it, than around someone without it.

What you should do is have them tested regularly and tell them to not show up to work if they don't feel well. Which is the way it should be. If you're sick, STAY HOME. I don't want it. That goes for the flu, a cold, or any other contagious disease.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am old so I think I can say this....

Why does it matter? Your old and on the way out...enjoy the months maybe a year or two you have left and stop being a dick.

Enjoy life....get some fresh and smoke a joint. All will be well.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yes it is discrimination.

Your feelings about it being different does not change that. Fear is the worst counselor. 8 guess you can always check out and find a hospital that caters to your wishes.

Or like, build your own

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Most here seem like you should take your chances with the unvaccinated instead of hedging your bets with the vaccinated.

Discrimination though? No. Just ask anyone if they'd like to be in a room with someone with Ebola. The answer would be no. Why? Because there is more of a chance of getting it around someone with it, than around someone without it.

What you should do is have them tested regularly and tell them to not show up to work if they don't feel well. Which is the way it should be. If you're sick, STAY HOME. I don't want it. That goes for the flu, a cold, or any other contagious disease.

The CDC admits that the covid vaccines do not prevent infection nor transmission, but ostensibly only reduce severe symptoms should you get covid. Therefore, vaccines don't stop the spread. WHY, will you and talking heads not get this basic (extremely) logic? It's crystal clear.

Ebola is FAR more lethal than Covid 19, which has a 99.9% survival rate before naturally acquired immunity and vaccination. So please stop the false equivalency.

I note you never respond to effective rebuttals to your point.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Have none of you considered that the data makes it very evident that vaccination now at best means only a mild case of illness - illness that can still be caught, carried, transmitted.

As someone who is vaccinated, I could certainly come a care for you, but data also shows that I can also easily catch, carry, and transmit the disease you're so afraid of to you and everyone else who is living in fear despite my sainted status.

The only benefit you get from discriminating in favor of someone like me is that I have a slightly lesser chance of having to go to the hospital if I get that disease, and that only benefits me, not any of you.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
People are under a media and fear trance, no other explanation really.

It only takes 30 seconds of critical thinking to know:

1) Studies show naturally acquired immunity is as good. Why in God's name is an exception not being provided?

2) CDC admits vaccines neither prevent infection nor transmission of Covid. Therefore, 10 seconds of critical thinking would tell someone that they literally, are not "stopping the spread." If a vaccinated person can you give you covid, then it doesn't matter if they are vaccinated or not.

This is 2+2 = 4 stuff folks..
edit on 26-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

The most dangerous part of this post is that we're talking about vulnerable people here.

They want only the vaccinated to care for them. With one of the benefits of being vaccinated being a milder case of disease, it effectively means that many people are walking around asymptomatic or at least so mildly symptomatic that they don't even know they're sick, but they could be sick enough to still spread the illness while they seem apparently healthy.

I saw an article about how people in Texas were having trouble telling whether or not they had Pin Fever (allergies) or omigawd.

With an unvaccinated person, you have a better chance they're going to get sick enough they know they're ill and will stay away reducing the chances of outbreak in your vulnerable community as opposed to someone who may only think they have allergies.

As often as I've been exposed, I have to assume I've had it at some point, but I've never knowingly had it. The odds that I naturally fall into the category the press refers to as the "invincibles" or "invulnerables" is pretty small.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Two formerly close family members are discriminating against me and my kid out of fear which has probably turned into mild mental illness at this point. They'll only see us outside, distanced, masked.
They're also probably living out the last couple of years of their lives, considering one was diagnosed with myelofibrosis (a fever after the booster never went away and then leg pains followed, then the diagnosis) and the other stage 5 kidney disease.

Breaks my heart, especially for my ill relatives who previously got tons of joy from seeing my kid, the youngest of our family. I blame the relentless propaganda campaign and the mortifying power of fear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join