It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A positive look at world events thread?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I wasn't sure how to title this or if it's in the right forum?
Anyway, I'm desperate for some optimistic thoughts , or look at recent times events?

Any rays of hope for the future, that kind of thread

Right now, any way I look at it , things imo don't look good. Too many are asleep ,and too many are on the side of
the governments/globalists (lefties).
We would all need to be awake and united , in order to have a chance?
I know many are waking up daily, but I fear it may not be enough .

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

"An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity." Winston Churchill

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Some positive rays of hope? Yeah, we went out and grocery shopped this morning and we got three cans of Hills Brothers to stock up our pantry because five dollars and ninety nine cents is now a good price on sale. I should have bought more when it was on sale for three ninety nine eight months ago. We are back up to thirteen cans now, enough for the wife and I to drink coffee for maybe eleven months if there are no more good sales. That is a positive thing.

We Spent two hundred bucks today on food, and paper goods, and I ordered twenty five pounds more of good quality sea salt too. Then we spent another hundred bucks at Vitacost, got vitamins and some more organic pepper and corn starch for everyone in the family. I supply my daughters and relatives with salt and pepper buying good stuff bulk. Tomorrow we have to go pay our propane bill and get some potatoes and gas for the plow truck, gas is supposed to be going up quite a bit in the near future. That is a positive thing, if I can get all stocked up before stuff goes way up again.

I like getting things we need and use on sale or relatively cheap. Bad days are coming shortly, thanks in part to our president we now have. Things are going to fall apart in this country and the world pretty quickly, but at least I feel a little better if we have food on the table. I am looking forward to putting a garden in this spring, I got some wax bean seeds today and lately they are hard to find. I will expand the garden this spring and I am looking forward to doing that to take my mind off the chaos that is happening in our country and in the world in general.

Get somewhat prepared guys, these events should be a warning of what our future is going to look like and by doing so, you will feel stress decrease. You do not have to go crazy and into debt to gain preperation, just slowly increase your reserves of food when on sale, buying foods you normally eat and have the ability to store properly.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Nothing is ever hopeless, but the current situation is dire and bleak depending on one's POV. Social trends tend to move like a pendulum, and while what is going on is not organic, but Marxist social engineering (or whatever you want to call it), it will swing back with an eventual backlash, albeit only a minority of the brave and sane. Just don't count on space nazis to save you, it is up to us to work out our own salvation.

There is this thing called humor, it's a great thing. There is also this thing called smiling and laughing, even better things. These "things" are good for the Soul. Laugh often and try to make others laugh too. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Sounds awfully lot like never let a serious crisis go to waste.

To the OP: I have the impression that the situation at hand will make people listen to critical thinkers more.
maybe the second time around we've been fooled by propaganda we will learn the lesson.
if not the old Churchill adage of “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” will apply again.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Do you grow things, like some of your own food or anything like that?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Pretty ancient, when do we start?

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A riff raff quote and off topic might i add with a touch of warm candle wax. a reply to: tamusan

Means rarely is it true, like childish wordplay.
edit on 21-2-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
In plain sight.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I see better where others see worse. There will be more automation in then future so the next generation will be loaded with jobs & virtual currency. Like, the machinery being made is clearing oceans & lands of ours & our ancestors impurities. Gas powered cars & gunpowdered gums will become illegal so it's better for health & environment. People will be tracked a lot better so crimes will go down & it will be safer. Human will not be female or male in the future but they will be a self sufficient cloning device. Our mind & gene altering chemicals are becoming more pronounced. Space travel for the extremely rich & intelligent is coming soon so if anything drastic happens they will survive the human race for us. So many good things.

The only way to see optimism is for yourself to see it. Older generstions always complain about what they create or the type of children they have that create things but that's always been like that. All of this that I mentioned is good & what the oldies created, or else we wouldn't be in this situation. Once you learn how to take responsibility for the way the world is you see it is good & progressing. Poeole only see the doom because they don't like themselves & their own actions. The future is good & bright. It always will be in any situation with some effort.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Just remember - be IN the world, not OF the world. This life experience is short term.

This is my perspective, I hope it makes you think. If you have chosen correctly, anything bad that happens to you IN this world, cannot affect you long term. If you haven't, there is still time.

Whatever bad that may happen to you here, turn it around for good. Also remember that we're only here for a very short time. So anything that goes on here, is only going to be a learning experience for you eternally, so use it!

As far as current events go, the world is fallen so there is a lot of injustice in it, as it has always been. It's not forever.
edit on 21/2/2022 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

edit on 2/21/22 by Gothmog because: pulling . too downcast for the ones that don't know

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomAntics

Sorry, but that sounds absolutely deranged!
And no , I will never be accepting of this world view the 'elites' have planned for US .
They will live more lavish and wealthy than ever before , while for us , the middle class will be eliminated (equally poor as the poor , there's that 'equalize' they talk about so often ). We will be degraded to efficient 'worker-bees' . And you think that's great!?!

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I just want to be left alone! Why is that too much to ask. These 'elites' need to mind their own business and make changes that affect themselves only . They are evil corrupt psychopaths and I'm supposed to 'just be okay ' with what they will do ?!

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I said a bunch of good stuff about this world. If you see those things & the world as failing, that sucks, i'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomAntics

I said a bunch of good stuff about this world. If you see those things & the world as failing, that sucks, i'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Your "good stuff" has no humanity in it. It's sci fi projection that very few want, especially since the system took away their basic human rights.

Your vision could have had some place in the future, side by side with our natural existence, but it went too far in trying to overwrite nature. It is doomed to fail and that makes me happy.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Your right, the whole world won't be like that, but North America will be. If you live here your free to leave this free & superior civilization.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomAntics
a reply to: igloo

Your right, the whole world won't be like that, but North America will be. If you live here your free to leave this free & superior civilization.
Sorry, but you're wrong. The whole world will be like that (if the globalists get their way ).
It will be end of individuality , the end of freedom, the end of choices/options. I'd rather just drop dead at that point. It will literally be a virtual prison.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

There is this thing called humor, it's a great thing. There is also this thing called smiling and laughing, even better things. These "things" are good for the Soul. Laugh often and try to make others laugh too. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

What you say is very synchronous to a video I had just finished watching and found the vibe very nourishing. For me the challenge seems to be "how do we endure the chaos that seems impending like a cyclone front? I think it takes a great leap of faith and fearlessness. (and "dare-wing do" as the Woh-man empwuh said in The Life Of Bwian)

"Take life easily, lovingly, playfully, non-seriously. Seriousness is a disease, the greatest disease of the soul and playfulness the greatest health."

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

There are many undeveloped & developing countries who live joyfully without technology or much of it & will keep living unprotected, dirty & unprivelaged for a very long time.

A virtual prison sounds way better than a real one. Sentences can be carried out in 5 years instead of 30 because of the improved benefits it carries out. Maybe virtual Rehab too, for all these interent junkies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join