It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences with Covid 19: Including recovery from Omicron as of today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi all,

I thought I'd add my experience here.

1) Original Covid 19: Spring 2020 despite taking every conceivable precaution, from observing lockdowns to ordering grocery delivery and wiping down even the groceries with disinfectants (yes back then we didn't know how severe it was or wasn't), I came down with what was likely Covid. I had a flu for basically 2 full weeks, when normally I get sick for 5 odd days. No fever. At that time they were having people do telehealth consultations to check your covid symptoms. If you didn't require hospitalization, they were telling you NOT to go to the doctor or hospital. There weren't sufficient tests either. They told me I likely had Covid.

Full disclosure, I am not vaccinated. Why? I already had Covid 1.0 and unlike many misinformed people who haven't done their research, I knew that naturally acquired immunity was likely equal to the vaccines. Also, as a data analyst with some science background and with some graduate coursework in public health, I knew by the end of Spring 2020 that the covid narratives were warped and inaccurate at best. With the monolithic fear mongering across the media and politics, and the rushed vaccines, I was skeptical about the vaccine pushes. Because I am a healthy 40 year old without serious preconditions, and I already had Covid, my personal cost-benefit analysis militated against taking the vaccines. I do not claim that everyone's analysis should be the same. For my elderly father with pre-existing conditions, who did take the vaccine, I totally understand it. He has a different risk category.

A year later after the initial infection, early summer 2021 I took an antibody test ahead of summer travels and I tested positive for Covid antibodies, so it's a 90% chance I had Covid. I did this to protect those I was traveling to, such as elderly family members, and to let them know I had recovered from it. Let's be clear here, a year after Covid 19 I had a strong amount of Covid 19 antibodies. I also told them out of respect for their boundaries that I wasn't vaccinated. 90% said okay, let's meet. Sadly, two close friends in California said they couldn't see me due to not being vaccinated.

In between Spring 2020 and 2022 I traveled across the country about 5 times, from California and Oregon to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maryland, and Louisiana. Didn't really get sick except a few very mild few day periods of illness, such as feeling mildly sick for a day or two. That's pretty normal before Covid, getting mild illness a few times per year. Could be food, could be a cold, etc.

2) January 2022, one week ago: I came down sick harder than any time since spring 2020, starting 7 days ago. Severe sore throat, congestion. But, no fever. I took a Covid 19 Antigen home test on 01/18 only because I watch kids and see elderly people and wanted to check. It was positive.

I isolated until today, 01/23/22. My symptoms began abating on Friday, 01/21, but the guidelines say to wait until 5 days after a positive test. If the symptoms stop, and you get a negative test, you can stop isolating.

Thankfully, it was a negative test.

Omicron has mutated out of the protection of both the vaccines and natural immunity, although likely some protection remained to mitigate symptoms. My fully vaccinated nephew, brother, mom, and dad ALL got covid in the last three weeks too.

What is deeply sad to me though is those friends who wouldn't see me. I haven't seen some friends for over 2 years. At the time I sent them studies on natural immunity, but they only listened to the media. This last week I sent them the new studies on natural immunity being superior for Delta. No response from one of them, another has acknowledged it.

Natural immunity superior for Delta
edit on 23-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

Thanks for the update & details of your experience. Curious if have you been doing regular supplements or just going with your relative good health and those early precautions?

edit on 23-1-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thanks for the response. As far as supplements, I only take a multivitamin. I do eat greek yogurt regularly (probiotic), and some pre-biotics (garlic, onion). I do believe pro/pre biotics make a big difference for immune system. There is some research on that.

While I was sick this time, I took zinc and elderberry supplements.

Generally speaking though, I don't drink anymore or smoke, and eat somewhat healthy, workout. Not obese. So, that puts me in a relatively low risk category.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Both my husband and I came down sicker than dogs with a flu-like illness about three months before the initial 2-weeks to stop the spread. We neither one really have any way of knowing if it was COVID or just the flu, but given our seeming resistance to COVID to date, we tend to think it could have been COVID. What makes us think it might have been is that his company played host to visiting Chinese dignitaries in mid-December and this flu started tearing through the place not long after that. He likely brought it home from work, and I got it from him.

We neither one took antigen tests, and he has since donated blood and no one has said anything so we assume not.

However, I had just started back into the office in March, about the time the vaccines were becoming first available. Between having to go onsite full-time and both my parents being older and in higher risk categories, I decided to go ahead and just take the plunge ... that and I have issues with asthma/claustrophobia making masks a real challenge to wear long-term. I felt like I would play along, get their shot, and then they would give me life back. We all know how that worked out. I had a few weeks, and they yanked the rug out with delta.

I have been mildly ill twice since then.

The most recent was around Thanksgiving. It was also before omigawd was a real thing. My symptoms tracked with it, but again, I had a negative test which may have been wrong. So I don't know.

I have no intention of getting a booster unless my mother who is now fighting cancer needs me to assist medically for some reason. I will time my booster so it might provide some short-term preventive effect for her sake, but I don't feel I need it for myself, nor do I want it as each of the first two shots made me really sick for a couple days.

No one is getting a shot anywhere near our son's arm though. He's in the young male category that has more risk of cardiac complications from the shot than serious complications from COVID.

I am not against the shots for those who might derive some benefit from them. Obviously, the elderly or those with immune conditions like my older mother with cancer could use any extra protection they might get, but we're talking about people who are also using other harsh drugs with long-term and sometimes permanent side effects that will be with them for life just to save their lives.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes, it seems Covid was in the US much earlier than February 2020. I think they have found this to be true in key places such as the SF Bay Area, which has a lot of trans-Pacific contact.

I'm glad you and your husband were okay.

I understand the desire to protect others. Largely this is the argument for low risk people to get vaccinated, that the vaccines would stop infection and transmission. Unfortunately, they do not or at least not fully. If the goal is to protect a severely at-risk family member by us being vaccinated, thinking that they will protect them may actually put them at more risk from a vaccinated family member, not less. Also, I suspected like many that they simply weren't going to give power back so easily if we just got vaccinated.

That leaves us with high risk people. If it's still true the vaccines will reduce their risk of severe symptoms, perhaps they should get them.

For kids that do not have severe pre-existing conditions, I am 100% with you that there is very little evidence to support vaccinating them. Less than 700 children in the US have died from Covid 19, and the majority of those had severe existing conditions.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Both my husband and I came down sicker than dogs with a flu-like illness about three months before the initial 2-weeks to stop the spread. We neither one really have any way of knowing if it was COVID or just the flu, but given our seeming resistance to COVID to date, we tend to think it could have been COVID. What makes us think it might have been is that his company played host to visiting Chinese dignitaries in mid-December and this flu started tearing through the place not long after that. He likely brought it home from work, and I got it from him.

We neither one took antigen tests, and he has since donated blood and no one has said anything so we assume not.

However, I had just started back into the office in March, about the time the vaccines were becoming first available. Between having to go onsite full-time and both my parents being older and in higher risk categories, I decided to go ahead and just take the plunge ... that and I have issues with asthma/claustrophobia making masks a real challenge to wear long-term. I felt like I would play along, get their shot, and then they would give me life back. We all know how that worked out. I had a few weeks, and they yanked the rug out with delta.

I have been mildly ill twice since then.

The most recent was around Thanksgiving. It was also before omigawd was a real thing. My symptoms tracked with it, but again, I had a negative test which may have been wrong. So I don't know.

I have no intention of getting a booster unless my mother who is now fighting cancer needs me to assist medically for some reason. I will time my booster so it might provide some short-term preventive effect for her sake, but I don't feel I need it for myself, nor do I want it as each of the first two shots made me really sick for a couple days.

No one is getting a shot anywhere near our son's arm though. He's in the young male category that has more risk of cardiac complications from the shot than serious complications from COVID.

I am not against the shots for those who might derive some benefit from them. Obviously, the elderly or those with immune conditions like my older mother with cancer could use any extra protection they might get, but we're talking about people who are also using other harsh drugs with long-term and sometimes permanent side effects that will be with them for life just to save their lives.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It just makes me super suspicious when I don't see people falling over dead in the streets and I don't see hospitals really overwhelmed despite the hysterical press, but the political response is to treat the situation as if that's where we are.

I am also suspicious when the politicians themselves are still very much in evidence in public. I don't for one minute believe they would be out and about if the situation were as dire as they want us to think.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, and also so many of the leaders have been caught violating their own covid restriction rules, from masks to gathering in large groups during the peak and partying with friends.

Yes, the reality doesn't match the fear mongering.

As I've posted elsewhere, which to me is a key piece of data, CDC data shows that 95% of "Covid deaths" had an average of 4 comorbidities, and only 5% had solely Covid listed as a cause.

Out of those 95%, the CDC admits that some weren't tested positive but presumed Covid-positive. Out of those 95%, as one example of questionable attribution up to 15,000 of the "Covid deaths" were due to poisonings, injuries (falls for example in the narrative), and drug overdoses. So, a lethal dose of heroin is a "covid death." Right...

CDC: Only 5% of Covid deaths had solely Covid-19 as a cause on death certificate

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The number of deaths that mention one or more of the conditions indicated is shown for all deaths involving COVID-19 and by age groups. For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
IMHO dont bet on supplements.
Supplements didnt work for me. Not even after catching it. This year for the first time I bought some vit D. I had regular C and a lick of zinc gel on occasions. As a semi-vegan I supplement B vitamins too. My stupid cells started manufacturing the zucking virus like it's the best thing in the world anyway. I drunk a lot of tonic water last year with C, a dissolved B-complex pill and sodium iodide - you'd say wow, sounds like a killer but I couldnt tell a difference. I knew there's not enough quinine but I was lazy to order the bark.
What seemed to work is high lysine - low arginine diet. You stop/slow down the replication of any virus and the immune cells have more time to find what's wrong and kill it. Makes sense like fasting. I also made myself some tincture of Chamomile - this stuff seems weak but it took my atopic eczema to a next level in the past. Chamomile is like meth for the killer cells. Especially the fresh one grown on bull manure. That got me hard LOL. It's also able to knock me out when I need some sleep before midnight. I dont have eczema anymore BTW. It was a vaccine damage and thankfully it seems fixed after a decade along with grass pollen allergy. However I used too many herbs with it this time (as always) to say that it was effective. Wormwood, Echinacea, common Horehound, Licorice,... In theory they all should be awesome but who knows.

Yeah, and I boozed so many homemade gallons of Elderberry wine this autumn that I should be cold-free for a decade. It could still be the best thing for nerve pain and sciatica (or not) but I guess you need to take the anecdotal evidence with two grains of salt. Maybe if there are studies. Of course there are potent herbal chemicals many drugs are made after but there's a lot of BS too

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Thanks to watching my son get into martial arts and enjoy it, my own intrigue at the idea, and then my shoulder falling apart and needing to be aggressively rehabbed if I was going to regain function, I am probably in better shape now than most women my age, and it all happened at the right time.

I think my physical condition has helped me withstand things definitely. I had to start eating healthier and with better control to shed the extra weight, and the exercise necessary to rehab the shoulder and then get into martial arts myself has gotten up to 5 fairly intense workouts every week.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I’ve been saying it the whole time, the best food for Covid is King Crab!

People think I’m joking, I’m not. I think it is the high zinc.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
sounds like you are evaluating things half way decently. I got my second bout of the virus, probably Delta, about eighteen months after my first, and it was way less severe than the first. Now my first was not that severe, like a bout of Bronchitis, but it did have similarities with the second illness so it was the same kind of virus I believe. The first was before we had tests for people here, so I could only say I possibly had it, the second bout was almost the same but way milder, and the wife had the same thing, she tested positive on the rapid and pcr test so my sickness was also the same as hers. She got worse than I did both times though...which is normal, she always gets sicker from the flu than I do by many days.

Here is an article about how kids do not get sick so bad, seems like their innate immune system is lots stronger. Makes me wonder why people are worried about them. I do know that some kids with screwed up immune systems should get vaccinated, but not the majority of healthy ones. scitechdaily.com...

I think the ongoing response by the health agencies in this country is delusional and the same goes for the health agencies of other countries.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cool. I'm thinking of a punching bag - that's about all I have time and energy for.
That punching dude is great but it's probably cheaper to pay for the gym

Yeah. There's a new cold. Everything since then is a BS communist sauce.

Is it MMA? It should be. I used to look from above on ultimate fighting while dwelling in KFTLC kind of Shangri La in my head. My Fu and Qi Gong mixed with nasty habits and bad intentions from military style Musado MCS seemed superior. It's a theory.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
By what magical means did all those people know what infection they had ?
It did not come from normal testing because no test can tell you what base infection you may have, let alone which variant . Quite impossible .

As for the Moronic variant -- not even as bad as the common cold .See original South African report to the WHO on November 24 plus all subsequent reports .
Obviously the need to vaxx against the common cold with an untested and experimental gene therapy treatment is absurd .
To run the risk of adverse reactions which now number many millions from minor to life injuries and death is self evidently not very smart .
So good luck with the aspirin for the Moronic and thank goodness for its possible high infection rate -- best possible way to gain herd immunity .

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It's just tae kwon do. I'm not in it to get into a brawl. I'm there to learn something new and work my shoulder and find a way to keep my fitness levels up that offers me something to keep earning and reaching for.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks, I'll take "half way decent" as a compliment, ha!

Yeah, in a follow up post to Ketsuko I said that unless a child has serious pre-existing conditions that put them at high risk, including being immuno-compromised, there is little evidence to support them requiring the vaccine.

The authorities have been pushing vaccinating under 18, but how is that "following the science?" In CA they mandated vaccines for K-12 public school kids.. This only increases my suspicion that they have ulterior motives. There's no way that a giant team of leading experts in these fields doesn't understand that the evidence just doesn't support this. For the average person, they are just following what authorities are saying.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ohhh I didn't think of that! That's true, a lot of type of food has high zinc.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yeah, there aren't many magical supplements.

I've heard though that Zinc works, and needs things like Quercitin to get it into the cells. So berries have that I think.

I think a better bet is the one that is the hardest solution:

1) Majority healthy diet
2) Regular exercise
3) Healthy body weight
4) Removing excess bad stuff (including excessive drinking)

It seems as if most people dying from Covid are those with serious existing health conditions, from diabetes to obesity. Some of these things can be reduced or eliminated with a healthy lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm a sunflower seed addict, and I think I read somewhere that they tend to be higher in zinc. We also always tend to have blueberries and blackberries around in the fridge. Son and I will eat them straight. I generally have some packed in with lunch.

Zinc is also high in certain red meats and in mushrooms. We add mushrooms to almost everything in our house.
edit on 23-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madviking
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks, I'll take "half way decent" as a compliment, ha!

Yeah, in a follow up post to Ketsuko I said that unless a child has serious pre-existing conditions that put them at high risk, including being immuno-compromised, there is little evidence to support them requiring the vaccine.

The authorities have been pushing vaccinating under 18, but how is that "following the science?" In CA they mandated vaccines for K-12 public school kids.. This only increases my suspicion that they have ulterior motives. There's no way that a giant team of leading experts in these fields doesn't understand that the evidence just doesn't support this. For the average person, they are just following what authorities are saying.

When I say half way decent, that is a compliment. I am lucky if I make a half way decent post, especially if I am tired.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I’ve been saying it the whole time, the best food for Covid is King Crab!

People think I’m joking, I’m not. I think it is the high zinc.

Aarrghh. I used to love eating king crab! Unfortunately, I went cold turkey on it when Fukushima started dumping radioactivity into those waters, and haven't resumed since. Actually I would LOVE it if someone would convince me that my concerns about that radioactivity was completely unfounded.
The idea of eating Alaskan king crab for medicinal purposes sure does have a powerful attraction for me.

edit on 24-1-2022 by Rich Z because: Spelling correctly escapes me sometimes...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join