It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Admits "Fact-Check" Is Opinion in Court

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
John Stossel is suing Facebook over the Fact-Check label, and they came right out in court filings and admitted that they cannot be sued for false information and labeling because the label "Fact-Check" is simply an opinion.

"Fact-Check" label is just an opinion.

See Stossel is suing over defamation, and if the fact-check labels are intended to be fact, then they are open to being sued. So when Facebook asserts they are merely opinion, they cannot be sued because an opinion is not defamation. However, the impression the world receives is that these labels are fact.

Most of that is a clip of the legal complaint wherein Facebook openly says that the fact checks are just opinion assertions masquerading under a label people will want to find trustworthy.

And of course, this just underscores the arguments that speech and thought are being openly controlled and censored. The link, btw, contains a link to the full legal document.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Watch for them to change the definition of "fact"...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Well I be darn, did not this crappy "opinion site" claimed to be the experts in reason? to be trusted as the truth in the land of bad information, now I know why I never really felt right when I kept reading their crap "opinions" on anything.

Twiter, Facebook, media sites, hollycrapwood artist they all pushed the darn "opinion" site as the lords word in the internet.

Holly crap are nothing but that crap and idiots.

Butt Fact cheeks knows it all.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Watch for them to change the definition of "fact"...

The democrat party already did EXACTLY that, the day they posted their first 'fact check' page in effort to destroy Trump, and then to elect joe.

We always knew.

Facebook just admitted it under oath.

81 million voter registrations must be so proud.

edit on 11-12-2021 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
yep

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Facebook should be forced to label their "fact check" as opinion then.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Facebook should be forced to label their "fact check" as opinion then.

Excellent Point Flat!

Should be forced to name it

"Democrat Opinion Check"

to start being honest about their intentions.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm not a lawyer, but if Facebook is slapping their opinion on people's posts, then doesn't that mean Facebook is editing other people's work, and therefore does not qualify for Section 203 immunity?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder if this got posted on Facebook how quickly it would be "fact" checked.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The point is raised in the piece I linked that this should open the doors to a host of legal issues for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well all those that got banned after been "butt checked" need to get a class action law sue against facebook and fack checked then into oblivion.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Facebook is trying to redefine reality.

Facts aren't arbitrary and subject to opions or feelings.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Facebook is trying to redefine reality.

Facts aren't arbitrary and subject to opions or feelings.

I agree 99%.

Democrats are trying to redefine reality.

Facts aren't arbitrary and subject to opinions or feelings.

Facebook didn't do this for financial gain, or some human rights cause, they pulled this massive deception in order to help democrats win elections.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Excellent find Kets.

Have founded my own, personal, opinionated, and biased fact-checking service, called : Faktcheckahz™.

If they can do it : why not me ?

This may be just my dumb, uninformed opinion : but it's now approuved by Faktcheckahz™ !!

( Note : Faktcheckahz™ is my own personal service, and not approuved by ATS in any way, shape, or format. )

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
John Stossel is suing Facebook over the Fact-Check label, and they came right out in court filings and admitted that they cannot be sued for false information and labeling because the label "Fact-Check" is simply an opinion.

"Fact-Check" label is just an opinion.

See Stossel is suing over defamation, and if the fact-check labels are intended to be fact, then they are open to being sued. So when Facebook asserts they are merely opinion, they cannot be sued because an opinion is not defamation. However, the impression the world receives is that these labels are fact.

Most of that is a clip of the legal complaint wherein Facebook openly says that the fact checks are just opinion assertions masquerading under a label people will want to find trustworthy.

And of course, this just underscores the arguments that speech and thought are being openly controlled and censored. The link, btw, contains a link to the full legal document.

Accepting any so called "independent fact checkers" disclaimer at face value is hilariously ironic.

"Trust but verify" - Ronald Reagan
edit on 11-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Way to go Nothin, I Love It!

Can't wait to see what Faktcheckahz™ has to say on our dishonest democrat party's propaganda!

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This world feels like an episode of Black Mirror more and more each day

I'm tired of every climate or rona fb post tagged with these idiot's opinion of how I should interpret it

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Do the world a favor and DUMP Facebook on its ass and go SEE your friends and family MORE.

Pick up a pen and paper and write a letter to someone you love. It's a wonderful change of pace and is warmly received.

If you're getting your news from Facebook for face value and feel confident in their "fact checking" AI/algorithms because you're too lazy to research the information yourself, sorry to say, you're a freaking idiot.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Facts aren’t opinions, facts are facts. I couldn’t tell you how many times I have clashed with Facebook fact checkers when I did extensive research in advance. Knowing I was correct, I didn’t express myself from the blue point of view, therefore I was wrong. F Facebook and the horse they road in on.
edit on 11-12-2021 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Do the world a favor and DUMP Facebook on its ass and go SEE your friends and family MORE.

Pick up a pen and paper and write a letter to someone you love. It's a wonderful change of pace and is warmly received.

If you're getting your news from Facebook for face value and feel confident in their "fact checking" AI/algorithms because you're too lazy to research the information yourself, sorry to say, you're a freaking idiot.

YES.

10,000 Eternal Stars YES!

How did we become surrounded by so many first class idiots?

I blame the democrat party (obviously), but they couldn't have created this many intentional idiots on their own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join