It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Vitamin B is WATER soluble: if I take a Vit B pill, how long will it stay in my system?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So we have FAT soluble vs WATER soluble vitamins.

Some of these Vitamin B pills I've noticed have SEVERAL THOUSAND percent of the RDA.

Ok...the RDA are often too low. But how much in a day will my body excrete of any excess?

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

How much water you are drinking will determine that. With average water consumption, your body uses what it needs and the rest leaves your system over the course of a day and a half. The exception being vitamin B12, which can stay stored in your liver for years.
edit on 29 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

How much water you are drinking will determine that. With average water consumption, your body uses what it needs and the rest leaves your system over the course of a day and a half. The exception being vitamin B12, which can stay stored in your liver for years.

ok. thanks. Why do you say that about B12? I read somewhere else on Reddit the same thing. But B12 is also water soluble.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Something "stored" in the liver does not sound at all good. Just curious.
edit on 11292021 by GuitaristRob because: eta

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It is water soluble, but the body stores it. I'm not sure why. When people need a B12 shot it is because their bodies stop storing it.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

As long as you are not overdoing it with supplements, I find it a good thing, because you get sick whenever your body stops storing it.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

As long as you are not overdoing it with supplements, I find it a good thing, because you get sick whenever your body stops storing it.
Thanks. I recently had to take vitamin D pills once a week for 6 weeks through a doctor cause I had a deficiency. And what was said in this post got me curious. thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The kidneys usually flush out excess B vitamins. The high dose B vitamins are for treating deficiencies, like niacin deficiency causes enzymes to utilize it to not be made, so in some cases a higher dose of it is necessary to jump start the metabolism of it. Beware of high dose nicotinic acid, it can turn your face all red and make your forehead sweat like eating hot peppers, it also can cause some weirdness in heart rhythm. You need to know what you are doing with high doses.

B12 is another B vitamin where a long time deficiency can cause problems, they will give high doses of that to try to correct the problem and high dose supplements are available. If you get deficient in this taking a higher dose methyl cobalamin for a few days can help jumpstart the system, than maybe two hundred percent of RDA will bring your levels up slowly, and you won't just pee it out.

I take B-rite about three times a week, no multivitamin pills daily, I get most of what I need from diet because we only eat maybe fifteen to twenty percent junk food. I do take a multimineral every day though, those mineral and vitamin supplements are not high dose, but I have taken higher doses to get my body on track before. Just watch the niacin flush from nicotinic acid. Hot peppers have nicotinic acid in them. Niacinamine usually does not give you the flush.

Oh, the liver does store vitamin B12, it takes a long time of eating bad to finally give you a deficiency, it can take up to five years of low B12 consumption before symptoms appear. There are four types of B12, methyl, adenyl, hydroxyl, and cyano. I use the methyl form, but I have the adenyl in stock for emergencies. I haven't bought the Hydroxyl form because I have not found it, it has special uses to treat certain conditions or poisonings. But buying this kind of stuff that has a shelf life can be a waste of money, I have not tried the adenyl one yet to see if it makes a difference, I have been experimenting with other supplements to analyze what they do for me. Doing too much at a time blurs the results, you can't figure out what caused the positive or negative change that occurred.
edit on 29-11-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Not only are they water soluble, but they are not al easily absorbed by the body.
Especially true of b12.
Stress, age, diet and illness are some factors that decide how much you need.

And from what i have read, whatever is not absorbed is excreted.
Me, I've never been a fan of those high dose multi-Bs...like B-100
lifeextensionvitamins.com...

Two I have tried.
YMMV

www.amazon.com...=sns_myd_detail_page

www.amazon.com...=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TBH, unless ill or trying to not be ill, I rely on my multi to give me B vitamins.

Also, I have found it is good to give your body a break from vitamins/supplements. Some I take 3 weeks out of four.
Some I take 3-4 days a week.
I tale a multivitamin and multi-mineral daily....mostly because I don't eat enriched foods like bread/cereal and I believe most of our fruits and vegetables are too far removed from harvest to be of much good.

Also, if you take prescription medications, you should find out of they are draining your system of certain vitamins. An internet search is helpful here.
I have a friend who takes large doses of B12 because a drug taken blocks absorption.

edit on Mon Nov 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I also became vitamin D deficient and had to take a megadose for 6 weeks, then take 2000 iu daily. Although, I mainly take it when I remember and my levels have been fine.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That was a good write-up. I'm glad you mentioned the poor diet and B12, because I forgot to add it in. Also, I should correct myself in that it is usually not the liver that stops storing it, but the body's ability to absorb or reabsorb it, such as with Pernicious anemia.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I used the garden of life methyl B12 spray in the mouth to boost up my B12 www.amazon.com...

The nice thing with that is that you can take a half a spray or a whole spray in the mouth. It seems like if you have more to do, take a big spray, and you seem to get a boost for three hours. I still have one bottle in stock, I use it more in the summer than winter, because I got way more to do outside. A bottle of that lasts me months because I take the B-right about three times a week. If I eat something like liver, I don't need B-12 or many other B supplements for a week, and the liver also contains a lot of stuff that helps my eyes feel better, that would be retinol.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The enzyme that helps us absorb B 12 is secreted in the upper stomach from some gland there, it converts the B12 to something we can utilize. It can also be absorbed sublingually. I know some people who had the stomach tied, so I did research so I could help them to deal with the reduction in B12 absorbed. But by the time I got access to the research, they had read a lot of that themselves from specialized sites dealing with what happens after the surgery, so they already had found why their health was deteriorating fast. I guess others out there were reading the same medical research I had read because they suffered the consequences and started sort of a support group online. I didn't really waste my time, I had hardly anything to do, I got them researching stuff and when you start looking you will find it. Even the doctors started advising the people who got those surgeries to take B12 sublingually right about that time years ago, it is common knowledge now, but it wasn't over ten years ago when I got OCD about researching it.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Small amounts can be absorbed at any stage of digestion, but it is primarily absorbed by the ileum. What is stored by the liver is released through the bile duct to be absorbed by the small intestine. Protease is the enzyme and it is released into the duodenum by the pancreas.

We need more threads like this one. It's much more fun than covid or political ones.
edit on 29 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Small amounts can be absorbed at any stage of digestion, but it is primarily absorbed by the ileum. What is stored by the liver is released through the bile duct to be absorbed by the small intestine. Protease is the enzyme and it is released into the duodenum by the pancreas.

We need more threads like this one. It's much more fun than covid or political ones.

Yeah we do. This kind of information helps some understand how things work and can help people possibly get healthier. Most of the threads in politics, they only inform us of corruption, and we cannot do anything about it anyway. The threads on covid are either promoting fear or are gripes about how they are promoting fear, most do not deal with what we can do to lower the personal risk of this virus going covid. Nothing I do can stop the propaganda that the agencies are pushing, and just complaining about the BS they are spreading will never effect them stopping.

We can protect ourselves from this virus going covid, and many people sense it's presence and consume antiviral chemistries because they get a craving...and never even realize they are doing it. We know a lot of things we do not even realize we know. I went and looked up some of the stuff I automatically used to eat or do when viruses came around, not even realizing I did make changes, and I rarely got sick very much from things. It is like our subconscious takes care of us without us knowing by sending cravings, but it seems like society is getting us addicted to certain food chemistries that unbalance our systems or block the transmission of communication between the mind and the organs which scrambles our ability to fight disease properly. I do believe that there is some group that is promoting this kind of confusion of the immune response. And then they approve chemistry that takes away our ability to reason properly while condemn any nutrient that increases our intellect in society, that information seems to be being pushed on society by some agencies and companies. It seems like we are being setup to have poor health and ability to reason by some people, I suppose we are easier to control that way.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I firmly believe that most people who have already been adhering to a good, healthy diet and exercise regimen should be relatively unscathed by the current Sars2 incarnations. With some exceptions, those who newly adopt a healthy lifestyle should eventually reap the benefits against infection as well, but a sudden megadose of supplements alone will have little to no benefit and can cause problems on its own. 

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I firmly believe that most people who have already been adhering to a good, healthy diet and exercise regimen should be relatively unscathed by the current Sars2 incarnations. With some exceptions, those who newly adopt a healthy lifestyle should eventually reap the benefits against infection as well, but a sudden megadose of supplements alone will have little to no benefit and can cause problems on its own. 

If you lack amylase to take apart fiber, it could stop the nutrients in veggies from being bioavailable. Certain food chemistries also inhibit the amylase, certain proteinases, including bromelain will screw up the amylase when you consume it. So when you eat a pineapple core, it may help lower inflammation, but it also inactivates the amylase enzyme in the stomach because enzymes are usually made of proteins. So companion chemistry is important, as is timing of the consumption.

There is a real lot to food chemistry, been studying it for probably fifteen years and have only scratched the surface, but at least the scratches are like the ones formed from sixty grit sandpaper. It takes a real lot of thinking and reading to be able to combine stuff. for every four hours of research I spend another four hours trying to figure out the parameters of how to use the research. Most of the people who are working at a job in this field do not have the time to investigate this stuff, plus working with it for eight hours a day, then going home and investigating it more would suck....I do this stuff more than eight hours a day, but have a much more diverse system and compare it to all sorts of stuff where these professionals are taught to apply it to one specific pathway. I do not have to follow their rules of thought, I can figure out how to apply it to everything, not just pharmaceudical chemistry and their present nutritional consensus of the time.

I go through old cookbooks and there is a lot of information there about meal planning and what to serve with what. I can tell you one thing, in the old days, they knew the consequences of improperly mixing foods but did not know how things worked in the body. I spend a real lot of time researching pharmaceutical drugs methods of action and trying to figure out why the side effects occur too. I also try to find out what adjuvant chemistry is in those meds to boost their effectiveness, the reason some of the higher price meds work better than the generic forms. It is hard to find that information, I can spend a whole day trying to find what other chemistry is in a new type of medicine they just patented because often that information is only listed in the patent itself. And they do not want us to know that those adjuvants actually can make a mediocre medicine into a good medicine.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

u might like that...you can fast forward to the BONUS section if the world tour doesn't interest you - which talks about UV & air quality

odysee.com...@covidvaxinfo:9/c19_saviourordeath_aug2021_global_with_bonus:5

back to Vit B.
edit on 30-11-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you pee is getting a bit greeny or very yellow then you have had too much vitamin B
edit on 30-11-2021 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My husband uses the same product, twice a week.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join