It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lethal radiation levels detected in Fukushima nuke plant reactor lid new update 9-15-2021

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hi folks. Here's an update in English.

The operator of the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant could be forced to reconsider the plant's decommissioning process after lethal radiation levels equivalent to those of melted nuclear fuel were detected near one of the lids covering a reactor.

The Nuclear Regulation Authority said Sept. 14 that a radiation reading near the surface of the lid of the No. 2 reactor’s containment vessel was 1.2 sieverts per hour, higher than the level previously assumed.

The discovery came on Sept. 9 during a study by the NRA and Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the plant.

link: www.asahi.com...
edit on 0900000004062021-09-15T06:06:04-05:00060409am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
... because this year just couldn't get any better.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I just compared Chernobyl to Fukushima, the sieverts per hour for Chernobyl were 1.6 sieverts per hour.

So the sieverts per hour are not vastly different to Chernobyl.

Where Elon’s musks plan to save humanity.

He sticks his nose in stupid endeavours, why not save humanity.

Oh that’s right there’s no money in it.

Sadly either way short term
Long term we are all dead.

edit on 15-9-2021 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
... because this year just couldn't get any better.

Well since the radiation is inside the containment vessel where it belongs and not outside, I would say yeah, it could be worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Bad situation!

This reminds me that I wanted to review the radiation levels of the Pacific Ocean periodically, since North America's west coast enjoys the fall out.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I had a first time thought regarding this melt down.
A bit late yes....
Someone, people somewhere are making ungodly amounts of money now with this thing having melted down.
Probably far, far, far more money than if the reactor had produced electricity for a thousand years.
Yeah......🤬

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Probably the likes of Halliburton et al, consulting for the clean up.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=26109932]musicismagic[/po

The thing is, we get most our salt from the ocean here , and l think it taste funny a bit.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah, evaporating vast amounts of sea water in salt pans would concentrate reactor meltdown pollutants well...ugh!

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
Yeah, evaporating vast amounts of sea water in salt pans would concentrate reactor meltdown pollutants well...ugh!

Imagine the pollution from neighboring china.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

While 1.2 Sv isn't great, it's not lethal in most cases. You'll still probably wish it were though. Once you start getting into the 4 Sv territory you really start to get people dying off.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm kinda surprised they let this information out. Are they evacuating the nearby areas? I thought they liked to keep this type of thing to themselves, unless it was absolutely necessary to let the public know.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The gift that keeps on giving. Then everyone forgets about it.
So it gives some more.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

You have a point. Many of the world richest people could be helping with this.

Their choosing not to.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

We knew the worst would stay this way....as the radioactive currents from Japan's reactor...ed across to Alaska, Canada, US, Mexico, the South Pacific....and what about all the damaged seafood?

From Japan. And as u say here....Japan...never.fixed. it.

So, we're eating the radioactive seafood, because your nutty reactor fiasco....

Thanks...but I think those radio/affected fish, su shemi sushi ..are better with the tang of growths and odd scales on em

But...we didn't ask for them!?
edit on 09213730America/ChicagoWed, 15 Sep 2021 08:46:37 -050046202100000037 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Last time I looked that the Fukushima cams, I noticed that the towers had been partially removed.

One of those towers tested at 25 Sv. back in the day.

www.webkams.com...

Looks like the base is still there...If I recall correctly, that's where the highest readings were recorded.

Wonder there they stored the top part of the towers at?

Live TEPCO cam---- www.tepco.co.jp...
edit on 15-9-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Bad situation!

This reminds me that I wanted to review the radiation levels of the Pacific Ocean periodically, since North America's west coast enjoys the fall out.

That's a good place for it. They were stupid enough to reelect Newsom.

I've always thought we should be very concerned about what they're dumping in the ocean. I can't believe anyone thinks this is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

Don't you remember the whistleblowers claiming the Pacific would be dead and California would be uninhabitable?
That was ten years ago... Tick tock.

Radiation has been sold as the boogie man when other industrial chemicals are much worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Only thing they can do really is like chernobyl build a new sarcophagus and make it 100 year proof and let the rest of the species deal with it in 100 years.

We are idiots we played with fire and got burned

my only hope is the mushrooms that eat radiation

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Bad situation!

Ive heard that Blue Fin tuna around San Nicolas Island, CA have detectable levels, but its been a long time since Ive heard an update about current testing.

<<   2 >>

join