It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re Coming For My Gel Blaster!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I agree with Truong; this seems pretty knee-jerk, especially since you don't have any documented cases (at least that I read) in which someone was shot because a LEO mistook a Gel Blaster for the real thing, or criminals using them to hold up a place.

You can still get permits for long guns.... It looks like crossbows and bow and arrows are considered to be "prohibited weapons", that can be acquired for use within shooting clubs and the like. Is that accurate? It seems consistent with the UK's screwed up weapons classification, where "catapults" (slingshots) are legal to make and use until the point in which they are used against a person, and then they become and OFfensive weapon. They cannot be imported, right?

If all that is true, there may be a legal area in which you can build and use a bow and arrows or crossbow on your own property.

I feel for you. I grew up in Ice-and-snow-Idaho waaaay out in the sticks and now live in the Cayman Islands. I had to jump through a ton of hoops just to get a low power air rifle. What they let me have has much less power than any of the air rifles I owned as a kid, but still, I'm glad to have it or otherwise the wild chickens would surely take us over.

edit on 27/6/21 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The next big firearm controversy will be Air Guns.

I like target shooting and teach my grandchildren how to do it safely and competitively using air guns.

BB or Pellet, they are fun to shoot and we build safe target traps and shoot in unpopulated areas.
These guns use CO2 tanks to fire the BB or Pellet, and are typically .177 caliber and have a muzzle velocity around 350-400fps. Still, improper use, or being shot by one can hurt you, especially if you do not wear eye protection.

In Massachusetts, they do not require registration or licence, and the same applies in many other states.

However, there is a disturbing emergence of what is called "big bore" airguns. They started showing up during the pandemic. They shoot up to .50 caliber lead pellets, at muzzle velocities over 1000fps. They are powered by what is called a "PCS" (pre-charged air system) which is a much higher capacity air tank and air loading system.

These can certainly kill you, and many are more powerful than small rimfire cartridges like a .22 long rifle round.

Believe it or not.... the same low or no regulation and not considered a firearm by many states , including this one.

Since regular powder ammunition became so scarce, these are becoming popular. They can be ordered online and delivered to your door without signature. very scary, and I am sure some people are going to be killed before it is realized that these are real guns, as they have the capabilities of the real guns they are modeled after.

This will of course, trickle down to the lesser powerful BB and Pellet guns we have lived with all our lives... and they will make it hard to own them all. Such is the way of the "new" world.

I'm into the airguns, have some really cool repro pellet and bb, AR bb, full auto, Thompson bb full auto, Colt SAA..beautiful plinker. I also have a few .22 pcp, here though, anything over 500fps requires a firearms licence. The pcp's are nice because they are accurate/consistent if regulated, very easy to shoot, especially compared to spring or piston guns.

How about the air bows like a Umarex Airsabre, no regulation at all, put a broadhead on there and you can hunt pretty much anything, within 75 yrds.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How about an A-Salt-Weapon?

Might be legal for a little bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Those things are great..worth their salt..so to speak.

edit on 27-6-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I like target shooting and teach my grandchildren how to do it safely and competitively using air guns.

BB or Pellet, they are fun to shoot and we build safe target traps and shoot in unpopulated areas.
These guns use CO2 tanks to fire the BB or Pellet, and are typically .177 caliber and have a muzzle velocity around 350-400fps. Still, improper use, or being shot by one can hurt you, especially if you do not wear eye protection.

In Massachusetts, they do not require registration or licence, and the same applies in many other states.

However, there is a disturbing emergence of what is called "big bore" airguns. They started showing up during the pandemic. They shoot up to .50 caliber lead pellets, at muzzle velocities over 1000fps. They are powered by what is called a "PCS" (pre-charged air system) which is a much higher capacity air tank and air loading system.

These can certainly kill you, and many are more powerful than small rimfire cartridges like a .22 long rifle round.

Believe it or not.... the same low or no regulation and not considered a firearm by many states , including this one.

Since regular powder ammunition became so scarce, these are becoming popular. They can be ordered online and delivered to your door without signature. very scary, and I am sure some people are going to be killed before it is realized that these are real guns, as they have the capabilities of the real guns they are modeled after.

This will of course, trickle down to the lesser powerful BB and Pellet guns we have lived with all our lives... and they will make it hard to own them all. Such is the way of the "new" world.

I dropped a 300 lb hog with a .50 cal air gun. They are nothing to sneeze at.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

I dropped a 300 lb hog with a .50 cal air gun. They are nothing to sneeze at.

Which rifle? and how many shots on a fill?

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hi, nice to see ya peek through squinting eyes.🙋

Kinda weird this issue seems to take priority over Australia deciding it's citizen's are mandated to be vaccinated against their will/better judgement...

If y'all gonna pool your efforts into change, pick something having to do with CCP evictions? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
(from article) "Police Minister Paul Papalia said it’s likely someone could get killed if police respond to a job where someone appears to be holding an assault rifle."

historical examples suggest that anything at all, even nothing at all, is often enough for officers to claim a suspect ' appears to be holding an assault rifle '. their discernment is hardly exemplary and far from inspiring.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

edit on 11/4/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Good Luck with that . Remember , the Rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights are not in the Jurisdiction of any State or Local Government . Those Rights are Guaranteed by the Force of Federal Law to all American Citizens Equally on every Square Inch of US Territory . Anything having to do with those Rights is Federal Jurisdiction . If any State does Not like it there are Two ways to propose Amendments and either way , it has to be Ratified by 3/4's of the Legislature of 3/4's of the States.
Until our Rights are Enforced against the Federal Congress and the State and Local Governments by Federal Law Enforcement and the Federal Judiciary , we The PEOPLE do Not live in a Republic any longer . We are seeing that we are Presently Living under a Tyrannical Authoritarian Empire that Masquerades as a Republic with False Claims to Powers that We The People Hold Exclusively Under the U.S. Constitution . Do Not Comply is Your Right here , Insist on it !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join